How’s the stock market?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Our Swiss friends love visiting the USA.

They bring empty suitcase to fill up with things like electric tooth brush, vitamin pills, sneakers, skin care lotion, etc.

"It is so much cheaper here."

Urs did lots of coding in Silicon Valley and is fond of our unique IPA

"Took getting used to, it was so strong and wild tasting, but now Swiss and German beers are boring to me. My friend think I am crazy."
I had the same experience as Urs.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
congrats! :cheers:

that fvcking GE. a few years ago, when i was somewhat younger and lot dumber, i looked at GE and thought, for no apparent reason, that $14 something per share for a big company like that sounded pretty cheap, so i bought 8 or 10 shares....and i have been underwater ever since. it's not the money, obviously, but it's a sore point nonetheless. that reverse split (and i thought it was 10-1 but it doesn't matter) left me with 1 - one! - fvcking share of GE, with a cost basis of $119.11, that hangs around my neck like an fvcking albatross, doomed to be forever unprofitable. ymmv.
:cursing:
Same here. Finally sold what little I had just so I wouldn’t have to look at it on my app

Reactions: sussle

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
GE just gave up all the gains I was bragging about yesterday. :cursing:

I really need more money so I could go short on the same day I puff my chest up.

Oh well, back the long game.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
GE just gave up all the gains I was bragging about yesterday. :cursing:

I really need more money so I could go short on the same day I puff my chest up.

Oh well, back the long game.
was sitting here thinking if there was a way to actually get the certificate for my one share - frame that mofo and hang it on my wall, as an abject lesson on how not to buy stocks :poke:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I think you actually have to pay to get certificates delivered, and then pay again to send it in to sell it.

This one-two-three punch should drive home the lesson. :computer:

• Haha

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Another case of the SPAC/warrant potential, BKKT-WS went up over 800% today....BKKT commons went up 500%.
i'm not savvy enough to get into the warrants, but bought the stock a couple days ago....i missed the first run-up but got in on Tuesday and am up about 20%, atm. that was not on my radar at all - thanks! :cheers:

trying to figure out now if i want to hold it or just check out with my profit....in my uneducated and humble opinion, that deal with Mastercard has long-term significance.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
That looks like a X-mas gift from a lifelong investment obsessed grandpa to their 6 year old grandkid who wanted a LEGO set.
Gee, thanks grandpa!

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
i'm not savvy enough to get into the warrants, but bought the stock a couple days ago....i missed the first run-up but got in on Tuesday and am up about 20%, atm. that was not on my radar at all - thanks! :cheers:

trying to figure out now if i want to hold it or just check out with my profit....in my uneducated and humble opinion, that deal with Mastercard has long-term significance.
Nice! The warrants aren't much different to trade as long as you are aware of the redemption terms and act accordingly. These won't be eligible for redemption for a while so they will trade just like stock but with less liquidity, and they give 30 days notice to act. Typically you redeem one warrant + 11.50 and get one share, so warrant intrinsic value is share price-11.50. I buy warrants in the 10-50k blocks depending on the team and potential targets, and peel them off starting at +75% and on in pieces (depending on volume and sentiment), based on a number of metrics I use. Some of them I keep. I have warrants that are up well over 1000% that I plan on redeeming.

I agree, definitely has significant long term value. I'd just be aware of potentional events. These SPACS typically go through some extreme volatility cycles The PIPE share unlock is one, this is where the PIPE investors are able to sell their shares. They don't always sell, depends on intentions, and sometimes this is a non-event, or even signficant upward movement as the shorts were wrong, and thus get squeezed, or investors waiting for dip buys don't get them and hop in anyways.

Subscribe to thier investor relations SEC filings updates, look for S-1/S-1A filing (registration of shares), then 424B-notice of effect (notice that shares are unlocked and able to sell).

Another is likely their first earnings report and forward guidance. These companies not going through the typical IPO process so the filings are not as complete.

Good Luck!
:Cheers:

Last edited:

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube

Looks like you got in at a really good time, should have some good gains on the day. For a typical Friday sell off. Killing it. Cheers

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Looks like you got in at a really good time, should have some good gains on the day. For a typical Friday sell off. Killing it. Cheers
no kidding - the stock is up 63% atm. i put a 2 point trailing stop on half of what i bought just to take some profit, which triggered about an hour and a half ago and now it's zooming higher than ever. i'm hoping there's a sell-off next week, as others take profit as well, and then i'll probably buy some more and just hold it for a while. again, thanks! :cheers:

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
no kidding - the stock is up 63% atm. i put a 2 point trailing stop on half of what i bought just to take some profit, which triggered about an hour and a half ago and now it's zooming higher than ever. i'm hoping there's a sell-off, as others take profit as well, and then i'll probably buy some more and just hold it for a while. again, thanks! :cheers:
Nice trade! Glad you got it. The volume and order flow are going off right now. I think some shorts are getting absolutely smoked.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Nice trade! Glad you got it. The volume and order flow are going off right now. I think some shorts are getting absolutely smoked.
i just got this alert from Schwab...does this mean this stock is basically sold out?

bkkt.gif

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
congrats! :cheers:

that fvcking GE. a few years ago, when i was somewhat younger and lot dumber, i looked at GE and thought, for no apparent reason, that $14 something per share for a big company like that sounded pretty cheap, so i bought 8 or 10 shares....and i have been underwater ever since. it's not the money, obviously, but it's a sore point nonetheless. that reverse split (and i thought it was 10-1 but it doesn't matter) left me with 1 - one! - fvcking share of GE, with a cost basis of $119.11, that hangs around my neck like an fvcking albatross, doomed to be forever unprofitable. ymmv.
:cursing:
@Subway
Clownbiscuit never sleeps!

Buy GE and come surf Vero, they said.
It'll be fun times, they said.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof and Subway

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
i just got this alert from Schwab...does this mean this stock is basically sold out?

View attachment 118569
Haha yep, shorts can't cover. Ouch. Option volume is also extreme, so looking like a gamma squeeze is in the works for next expiration, November 19, to cover those. I don't think they will be having a good weekend.

Warrants are up 110% on the day. Good stuff.