‘Massive’ great white shark visits Santa Barbara

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
mind you, nowhere and in no way, am I inferring that a 17'er is not a BIG FISH. It is.

But MASSIVE?

20+ Is where massive starts me thinks.

Besides, where's the "news" story here...

"Shark in the Ocean, story at 12"?

:shrug:

Where He at Taco Bell waiting on a drive thru order? Now THAT'S news!

:roflmao:
That shark in Cuba was a 'garden variety' 16-footer upon further review. The 30-something footers I'd wager the farm were Basking Sharks. White sharks take over 20 years to reach sexual maturity.

There's been a couple maybe 20/near 20, Deep Blue, a shark or three in Australia...

You live in a country that's obsessed with male ballerinas tripping over blades of grass and crying about it. The average family sedan in Spain just got cheaper to maintain because Gavin's leafblower ban flooded the market with spare parts for the motor.

A 17 foot white could swallow one of the smaller Canary Islands. You'd sh!t your pants, except they're not pants, they're capris, and you'd need a tissue from your European shoulder bag, except it's not a shoulder bag, it's a purse.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
A 17 foot white could swallow one of the smaller Canary Islands. You'd sh!t your pants, except they're not pants, they're capris, and you'd need a tissue from your European shoulder bag, except it's not a shoulder bag, it's a purse.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That made my day!!!!!! (no offense, 9'4")

centrlcoastkook

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 2, 2002
I'm just reading The Devil's Teeth for a bit of fun. The experts seem to think the biggest ones hang out around the Farallones. They explain some stuff about how the SA and Aus ones don't get quite as big as the ones that visit there. Yada, yada, yada...
Hey I'm reading that right now too. My buddy was a biologist out there when all that stuff happened. Said the author got pretty friendly with Peter if you know what I mean.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Ocean encounters a GIANT 20 foot shark.

And swims and holds hands with it.

Yeah, those vicious man-eaters.

Again, your SB news must be short on yoga pant sales in the local shopping centre stories if SHARK IN THE OCEAN is the best they can come up with.

Oooooh and it's SO MASSIVE.

:eek:

A puppy dog, basically.

Land lovers are so ghey.

;):shrug::poke::loser::monkey::foreheadslap:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Ocean encounters a GIANT 20 foot shark.

And swims and holds hands with it.

Yeah, those vicious man-eaters.

Again, your SB news must be short on yoga pant sales in the local shopping centre stories if SHARK IN THE OCEAN is the best they can come up with.

Oooooh and it's SO MASSIVE.

:eek:

A puppy dog, basically.

Land lovers are so ghey.

;):shrug::poke::loser::monkey::foreheadslap:
Land LUBBERS

FUCKING LUBBERS YOU ABSOLUTE WINE SIPPING SOCCER WATCHING CARDIGAN WEARING PURSE OX

• Love
Reactions: Havoc and Boneroni

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Spent alot of time fishing for work and fun, never believed we had an actual population of great whites(this was years ago), until I saw one, no mistaking the bright white face

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
thought I remember the record being a little over 23', although something verified it's ONLY 21'.

This one was named after an acquaintance in grad school:
1635194421107.png
after 2 years:
1635194449949.png

Reactions: jkb