Album Surfboards

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
nothing like YOLO’ing a finely tuned resin swirly twin with artisan blemishes over a single origin espresso.

swing by Album HQ to pick it up on my enduro e-bike, adorned in surf sandals, leather jacket, beanie, and suede satchel on my hip where my “premium” $250 wetsuit eagerly awaits its turn for maximum rippage.

it’s a lifestyle and a choice. what will you do with your opportunity?

:roflmao:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
It is really weird that quality workmanship has become a joke for them. I wonder once the new 'it' board/brand comes along will the sht quality glassing rep stick to them or will they just say that is in the past?
Good times never last forever.
I can only speak from my own experience: zero issues with workmanship, glassing, finishing, color, etc. that a few others have noticed. That would not be acceptable to me (and should not be to anyone)… as I’ve posted previously on this thread. No one here is saying that’s ok.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
nothing like YOLO’ing a finely tuned resin swirly twin with artisan blemishes over a single origin espresso.

swing by Album HQ to pick it up on my enduro e-bike, adorned in surf sandals, leather jacket, beanie, and suede satchel on my hip where my “premium” $250 wetsuit eagerly awaits its turn for maximum rippage.

it’s a lifestyle and a choice. what will you do with your opportunity?

:roflmao:
so it's hipster now to wear a chitty wetsuit? lolz. marketing 101.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The main reason to buy an Album really is just how much it triggers Casa.
You're projecting.

Rather, it's my criticism that triggers you, like the time you lashed out.

I am here for the laughs.

This thread is one of my all time favorites because the shaper has likely read every page of it but the QC issues seem to persist.

I wonder how he rationalizes?

Mar 27, 2019
Somewhere
Question for Plasmic owners (The regular one, not the mid-length). How did you size it compared to your height? I'm torn between a 5'1 and 5'2, Stock Dims. (I'm 5'7 150lbs) Any regrets making you feel you should have went up or down one size?
I'll probably go XTR btw

Last edited:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I can only speak from my own experience: zero issues with workmanship, glassing, finishing, color, etc. that a few others have noticed. That would not be acceptable to me (and should not be to anyone)… as I’ve posted previously on this thread. No one here is saying that’s ok.
But album is saying it is ok by not addressing the problem. It’s not something new or a bump in the road for them. their in-house glassing sucksass and they seem fine with that.
and I can speak from my experience which was opposite of yours.
I don’t regret accepting it. It has done its main job, helping me get out of Achilles recovery but as a stand alone buy its resale value is nothing it should be if the that’s a thing, not really for me.
As a business model -seems odd.

Reactions: Aruka

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You seem to be the only one that has a problem with it.
I've got no problem with it.

I find it funny.

Others have mentioned their experiences, photos have been posted here by other users. Etc.

If the quality improves and the prices drop this thread becomes uninteresting.

My only concern has been companies like this lowering the bar.

And when you did, Album made it right.
They did - PITA to go back and forth 3 times but guess it's better than if it was shipped to me.

Yet you keep harping on it.
No, not really.

I've never brought that up since it happened.

Agree.

I would say it is weird for someone to expect better and point out the BS.

I did the same on the XTR thread too, I wasn't the only one there either.

Countering the walls of positive noise has never gone over too well here.

But I will continue to do so as well as talk about the great experiences I have had with other shapers and surf products.

Reactions: Woke AF

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Question for Plasmic owners (The regular one, not the mid-length). How did you size it compared to your height? I'm torn between a 5'1 and 5'2, Stock Dims. (I'm 5'7 150lbs) Any regrets making you feel you should have went up or down one size?
I'll probably go XTR btw
I’m 6’1, my plasmic is 5’5. doesnt feel too short abd I probs could have gone shorter.

my keel fish have always been 5’6, DD thruster 5’10, good waves at my height, fwiw.

Reactions: Jamby

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
no way of changing your mind man, even with the comments about album triggering you. It's okay, I just find it odd that's all.

A lot of people find subpar work acceptable today and have no problem getting stepped on by the people they pay good money.

I don't know if that includes you, but nobody like to admit it anyway.

This goes for pretty much every trade out there.

We need another "The shaper got my order wrong for the 3rd time but I say nothing and I'm actually about to place another order with him even as I type this." thread.

This is actually apropos as I just ended my relationship with my many years mechanic. (-GG, out!)