Album Surfboards

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
ne1 here using the smaller Gemini set in their twinsman, plasmic or lightbender?

iirc someone liked them in the Townsend but thinking for tiger sheds in the stubby bores.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Just took delivery. The grey one is the same dims as one i recently sold, just with a more DDish tail. What is of note is that the rails on these feel much more foiled than the previous one I had, and they feel perfect. Also of note, the blue one doesnt have rail XTR lams, for those that have asked for such a thing :shrug:

1626891891528.png

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Just took delivery. The grey one is the same dims as one i recently sold, just with a more DDish tail. What is of note is that the rails on these feel much more foiled than the previous one I had, and they feel perfect. Also of note, the blue one doesnt have rail XTR lams, for those that have asked for such a thing :shrug:

View attachment 113318
fook me:love:

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Another great surf on the Townsend last night, now in shoulder high waves! Impressed with how it went backside in some of the bigger waves. I was like oh that's what good backside turn feels like. Frontside of course is woohoo! I am f#$%ing loving this board. Not sure if I am ever going to surf my other boards again -haha. My wife is maybe less happy as I leave at 5pm and return at 830 pm - and of course starving for food. She already asked this morning - I assume you are surfing tonight with your new board - hell yeah!
Stoked its working for you. Overhead waves with larger faces to draw lines on are a lotttt of fun on that board.

Reactions: j_mac and Aruka

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
ne1 here using the smaller Gemini set in their twinsman, plasmic or lightbender?

iirc someone liked them in the Townsend but thinking for tiger sheds in the stubby bores.
They are pretty small. They work great for me in my Townsend as a fin to allow me to really loosen up that pin on larger waves I want to be more playful on. Its my only board I've tried them on, but I'd want more fin on a wider tail with less rail.

Reactions: sdsrfr and oeste858

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD

View attachment 113318
Oh man, so excited to order boards without the ridiculous rail logo

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
plasmic out in a punchy beach break goes real good.

race track rights with a shoulder steep enough to jam the cutback for some tail slide at the end.

elmore twins (sort of scaled up T1’s) are definitely working well. Haven’t been willing to try another set since dropping them in.

kinda curious when the lightbender will make an appearance again. the range I’m getting and still having fun on the plasmic leaves me floored.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
They are pretty small. They work great for me in my Townsend as a fin to allow me to really loosen up that pin on larger waves I want to be more playful on. Its my only board I've tried them on, but I'd want more fin on a wider tail with less rail.
Did you use the Gemini Asyms or the actual smaller 5.3 symmetric Gemini? I am impressed by the NVS uprights so far. I recieved the Gemini Asyms yesterday, but afraid to play fire because the board is working so well.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
just wait til u have kids and those evening sessions go bye bye right away...

actually, pretty much all of ur sessions except for maybe a 20 min window twice a month at dawn lolz
Haha - well past that stage of life! It is the WTF are you doing with your life stage. They are all mostly out of the house, one came back because losing job with COVID. I am married into the insta-family. I surf with one of the kids which actual gets me a hall pass. She knows I use it to.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
plasmic out in a punchy beach break goes real good.

race track rights with a shoulder steep enough to jam the cutback for some tail slide at the end.

elmore twins (sort of scaled up T1’s) are definitely working well. Haven’t been willing to try another set since dropping them in.

kinda curious when the lightbender will make an appearance again. the range I’m getting and still having fun on the plasmic leaves me floored.
What have you found the range to be? It sounds from all the plasmic posts that it goes grovel to DD.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
its has worked in everything I’ve taken it out in, lol. from battling longboards for mush burgers in leucadia to punchy surf in la jolla.

only had it during the summer so have not had it for a proper late fall swell, or anytbing more than chest/shoulder high, but all the afternoon junk conditions and a couple glassed out mornings have been very fun and none of the “I wish I was on ______ had I known there would be _____ conditions/waves”.