Hydrodynamica x Joel Jitsu

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Big Farking Whoop

Let Joel needle here and there on a loss. He is entitled to it, but for everyone else, go kick rocks. We have all had sh!t go south (I know nothing of the situation, or know either of the two, or they of me) but it doesn’t sound it was intentional. sh!t haplens., especially in the surf industry…unless drugs are involved…but that‘s all legal now. :socrazy:

While we are needling people…to the old owner of The Board Box in Pacific Beach…Fsrk Off…I had two boards on consigmnet in your shop, came back from a Hawaii trip.. you sold the shop…new owner knew nothing of the boards…I still think of giving you a shiner to this day…:)
BoardBox dude - widely regarded as a crack enthusiast . . .

Reactions: SlicedFeet

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Joel's never had a job, has been ushered into world-class lineups his whole life, is a highly gifted athlete, makes bank for surfing . . . he has little concept of regular people problems, so his little problems seem like big problems to him I imagine.

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Joel's never had a job, has been ushered into world-class lineups his whole life, is a highly gifted athlete, makes bank for surfing . . . he has little concept of regular people problems, so his little problems seem like big problems to him I imagine.
I hardly think he makes bank.

Maybe solid middle class but I doubt he is making anywhere mid 6 figures.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Also RK surfs pretty good for his age. But he does seem like a world class a hole if what McCallum was saying on his IG post before he deleted it is true.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
recognizing your emergent irrelevance is hard for the self-obsessed

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Hard to imagine how insufferable Joel will be in 10 years. His whole tough guy BJJ attitude isn't going to work when you're 150 lbs and 55 years old.
And burnt out, oversmoked, over-entitled, delusional, suffering marijuana psychosis/dysphoria. He's already riding the dwindling momentum of past exploits into the sand . . .LaJolla is lousy with Bros of the Past.

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
And burnt out, oversmoked, over-entitled, delusional, suffering marijuana psychosis/dysphoria. He's already riding the dwindling momentum of past exploits into the sand . . .LaJolla is lousy with Bros of the Past.
My friends from Kauai were surfing there. All of them are straight hammers from West Side.

Not bothering anyone and sitting in Windansea minding their business. This old kook who was like 150 lbs (could've been RK for all we know, lol) paddles up to the three of them and tells them they need to leave and to get out here.

The group just looked at the old kook and his friends and basically told them to leave us alone and we aren't going anywhere.

Then he turned tail and paddled away.

lol.

La Jolla dudes all talk.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My friends from Kauai were surfing there. All of them are straight hammers from West Side.

Not bothering anyone and sitting in Windansea minding their business. This old kook who was like 150 lbs (could've been RK for all we know, lol) paddles up to the three of them and tells them they need to leave and to get out here.

The group just looked at the old kook and his friends and basically told them to leave us alone and we aren't going anywhere.

Then he turned tail and paddled away.

lol.

La Jolla dudes all talk.
I hear stories like this and I have to wonder about their veracity. I’ve surfed all over La Jolla, including some “localized” spots and nobody has ever even given me stink eye.