Hydrodynamica x Joel Jitsu

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
pretty sure joel cant really sue over handshake deals....guys like him thrive in bro deals and vagueness...no contracts lets them argue from a position of how they feel (always getting ripped off by the man) versus facing facts that they usually have a pretty big part in it when their business ventures collapse. Lot of rumors and bad vibes around joels former surfboard business here in NY.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
yea sounds like :
‘RK didn’t deliver on an order Joel was the middleman for, Joel lost biz relationship and maybe lost potential future income. He never lost any actual capitol .

think that’s why RK doesnt want to Pay Joel, If Joel didn’t pay back the businessman then all joel could really do is talk sh!t on the internet.

I would never do business with anyone who was a re good surfer, they all seem like rip off artists or space cadets.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
yea sounds like :
‘RK didn’t deliver on an order Joel was the middleman for, Joel lost biz relationship and maybe lost potential future income. He never lost any actual capitol .

think that’s why RK doesnt want to Pay Joel, If Joel didn’t pay back the businessman then all joel could really do is talk sh!t on the internet.

I would never do business with anyone who was a re good surfer, they all seem like rip off artists or space cadets.
I wonder if thats the case. There was talk of a Japanese Businessman.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
You guys know pigment and body features has to due with your native climate and Vitamin D absorbtion? Adaptation and stuff.

I'd say war has more to do with tribalism than race. Irony of our culture is while we're here destroying the free market to tip the scales of unfairness in its opposite extreme, China is unified its anti-west racism and these woke fortune 500's are headquartered there lol.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
OK, some general sh!t talking from years of floating around the vicinity of these people:

1. RK can surf. His clips are all him doing these silly powerless carves on little Simmons boards but I've also seen him airdrop them directly into deep, sucking doubleup pits and get spit out from way behind the pack.

2. Joel can surf. His clips are all him doing these silly powerless carves on midlengths but I've also seen him airdrop them directly into sucking doubleup pits and get spit out, usually while the guy he burned falls.

3. Skoby Joe almost ran me over last year when I was paddling out at Windansea. I was way, way, way off in the channel. Like not even on the shoulder. He just went straight on this silly midlength and then kept going straight for no real reason. I thought it was a huge kook move.

4. Windansea isn't that mean anymore. I don't believe the Kauai guys story. Maybe 25 years ago.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
pretty sure joel cant really sue over handshake deals....guys like him thrive in bro deals and vagueness...no contracts lets them argue from a position of how they feel (always getting ripped off by the man) versus facing facts that they usually have a pretty big part in it when their business ventures collapse. Lot of rumors and bad vibes around joels former surfboard business here in NY.
Those boards were awful

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
No one lost any money unless they were stupid enough to front the money to someone like RK. Most likely is that RK failed to deliver on boards that Joel promised to his Asian associate and Joel lost out on an easy sale that would/could have netted him the $5G he's crying about. I doubt anyone is really out any money.
Typical La Jolla BS drama.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I couldn't give a phuk about any of these people but crying about getting burned on a potential $5k surfboard deal ten years after the fact on IG is laughable. The response by the other two is just as dumb. Since it was verbal I'm pretty sure any statute has long since expired anyway.

Reactions: npsp

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You guys know pigment and body features has to due with your native climate and Vitamin D absorbtion? Adaptation and stuff.

I'd say war has more to do with tribalism than race. Irony of our culture is while we're here destroying the free market to tip the scales of unfairness in its opposite extreme, China is unified its anti-west racism and these woke fortune 500's are headquartered there lol.
this is like a really bad google translation of some already idiotic pig latin

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
OK, some general sh!t talking from years of floating around the vicinity of these people:

1. RK can surf. His clips are all him doing these silly powerless carves on little Simmons boards but I've also seen him airdrop them directly into deep, sucking doubleup pits and get spit out from way behind the pack.

2. Joel can surf. His clips are all him doing these silly powerless carves on midlengths but I've also seen him airdrop them directly into sucking doubleup pits and get spit out, usually while the guy he burned falls.

3. Skoby Joe almost ran me over last year when I was paddling out at Windansea. I was way, way, way off in the channel. Like not even on the shoulder. He just went straight on this silly midlength and then kept going straight for no real reason. I thought it was a huge kook move.

4. Windansea isn't that mean anymore. I don't believe the Kauai guys story. Maybe 25 years ago.
It was actually in the mid 1990s so you are correct.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
It was actually in the mid 1990s so you are correct.
That makes sense then and I could easily see it happening. Windansea was a lot angrier in the mid-90s. I'm sure another one of you older-timers will laugh and tell me it was even angrier than that in the 70s and I should have seen Butch and Chris O'Rourke kicking Clairemont hodad ass left and right. And yeah, you're probably right.

Speaking of WNS in the 90s, wasn't Tinkerbell involved in that baseball bat surfers vs spongers Big Rock confrontation at some point in that era? Maybe 1993 or so?

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
That makes sense then and I could easily see it happening. Windansea was a lot angrier in the mid-90s. I'm sure another one of you older-timers will laugh and tell me it was even angrier than that in the 70s and I should have seen Butch and Chris O'Rourke kicking Clairemont hodad ass left and right. And yeah, you're probably right.

Speaking of WNS in the 90s, wasn't Tinkerbell involved in that baseball bat surfers vs spongers Big Rock confrontation at some point in that era? Maybe 1993 or so?
Must be a different Tinkerbell. The Tinkerbell I knew from W&S was Don Oakies wife.
Oh, you mean Joel Tudor and the nickname Sopa and a few other grumps tagged him with... There was a reason I stopped visiting the Lounge at just about that time.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
No one lost any money unless they were stupid enough to front the money to someone like RK. Most likely is that RK failed to deliver on boards that Joel promised to his Asian associate and Joel lost out on an easy sale that would/could have netted him the $5G he's crying about. I doubt anyone is really out any money.
Typical La Jolla BS drama.
The old "could have, would have, should have" thread.

The one guy could have built the boards, the other guy would have had a satisfied client, they both should have had the opportunity to not demonstrate their idiocy publicly.

:dancing: