Which is your ultimate fav Groveler?

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Just picked up a PJHP. We'll see how she do.
Where'd you find one!? I got mine in mid-2020 but everywhere I look now has very very limited stock if any. ...Lost, Lib Tech, Rusty, CI, any brand I'm interested in is has almost zero off the rack stuff right now..??..

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
Where'd you find one!? I got mine in mid-2020 but everywhere I look now has very very limited stock if any. ...Lost, Lib Tech, Rusty, CI, any brand I'm interested in is has almost zero off the rack stuff right now..??..
A round of C4s came into stock at WRV, just ask @VaB !

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
So that chemistry disc 3 I was raving about has double concave all the way through, I always thought that was for bigger waves but it works well. Feels better than single in slop. Thoughts?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Funboard! How big was that?
mine was a stock 5’8.

was from one of their thanksgiving warehouse clearances. every summer I regret selling it. was kind of oversized but that made it a nice longboard substitute. I always rode it as a quad.

Reactions: oeste858

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
flying manta to rule them all....try one and you will never go back..I havent. Used to love my bottom feeder, had a pj for a bit, tried all sorts of mini simmonsy fishy boards...do love GG's 5 fin fish btw have had a few of those...but the Manta is the holy grail of fast and loose in micro surf...

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Maybe this is only appropriate for us east coasters...but IMO the fling goes great in decent waves, but for what we call groveling here on Long Island...the fling is to hp (hahaha). Buddy has one and it lights up in decent waist to chest high waves...sadly those are not groveler waves around here...more like a good day down at the local. I remember years ago a pal bought a superbuzz for groveling and in good knee high waves he had to hop his way across the beach. Groveling in santa cruz is a lot different than groveling in rockaway. Manta smokes the fling up til chest high and bowley. Again only my opinion.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
the fling dedication down here is nuts right now
so many good traditional HPSB guys are glued to them right now and have been for a few years.

This rnf redux is really fun but i am chihuahua sized

Reactions: JDJ and jkb

surfapotomus

OTF status
Jan 21, 2014
on a leash
Maybe this is only appropriate for us east coasters...but IMO the fling goes great in decent waves, but for what we call groveling here on Long Island...the fling is to hp (hahaha). Buddy has one and it lights up in decent waist to chest high waves...sadly those are not groveler waves around here...more like a good day down at the local. I remember years ago a pal bought a superbuzz for groveling and in good knee high waves he had to hop his way across the beach. Groveling in santa cruz is a lot different than groveling in rockaway. Manta smokes the fling up til chest high and bowley. Again only my opinion.
This has been my experience with the Fling. It's a blast in the waist to shoulder high range. But, it's tough to get going when it's real gutless. My Chilli Sugar is much better in those conditions.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
JS Nitro Hyfi
Neck Beard 2 Spinetek
My buddy's into the Chumlee and the Twice Baked; you are saying these two have the early entry and down the line zip to ride micromush with those? Or you've had a run of waist to chest, heavy on the stomach and decent shape, and you're in serf denial thinking you're eating roast chicken with the landed gentry?

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
My buddy's into the Chumlee and the Twice Baked; you are saying these two have the early entry and down the line zip to ride micromush with those? Or you've had a run of waist to chest, heavy on the stomach and decent shape, and you're in serf denial thinking you're eating roast chicken with the landed gentry?
Neckbeard 2 in spinetek around my local and you are huntington hopping your way across the beach...not a groveler for micro waves imo...flying manta flying manta flying manta flying manta flying manta flying manta

BentoBox70

OTF status
Dec 9, 2016
South Bay CA
Yup. Zipped down the line with belly full of roast chicken.