Can we talk about the keto diet?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
easier to come in midday friday and still make camp with short warm up hike.

15-18 miles on last day to make ferry is bold
Yes - that last day was rough. Got there in time for a couple buffalo milks at Two Harbors though.

You guys going to do this in ketosis?
Are you in ketosis while drinking alcohol? Because the way that hike is set up, multiple options to stop for drinks. :beer:

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
are people still into this diet or has it been replaced by a new and even more absurd fad?
It seems to have died a slow death. Several studies came out that proved that it did jack shiat when compared to simple calorie control. I think there is still a fit as a framework for people who need a simple rule to follow that indirectly gets results and/or for those who need to break their carb addictions, and there are some endurance athletes that swear by it.

As for what's next, we've already done low carb and low fat. There have been attempts to target protein, however those have fallen flat as well because its the one nutrient that actually builds lean tissue, has the highest thermogenic effect and is the hardest for the body to convert into fat. Nearly everyone improves their health by increasing protein.

The best is to simply tell people to eat less restaurant and processed foods, which is not going to happen because it bites the hand that feeds commercially.

Reactions: Mr Doof

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
It seems to have died a slow death. Several studies came out that proved that it did jack shiat when compared to simple calorie control. I think there is still a fit as a framework for people who need a simple rule to follow that indirectly gets results and/or for those who need to break their carb addictions, and there are some endurance athletes that swear by it.

As for what's next, we've already done low carb and low fat. There have been attempts to target protein, however those have fallen flat as well because its the one nutrient that actually builds lean tissue, has the highest thermogenic effect and is the hardest for the body to convert into fat. Nearly everyone improves their health by increasing protein.

The best is to simply tell people to eat less restaurant and processed foods, which is not going to happen because it bites the hand that feeds commercially.
Keto is just a method of compliance. No diet that meets minimum nutritional guidelines and your individual nutritional requirements is better than any other. If Keto helps a person comply...do Keto. Me, I need pizza in my diet so fukk Keto right in the center of its asshole.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Keto is just a method of compliance. No diet that meets minimum nutritional guidelines and your individual nutritional requirements is better than any other. If Keto helps a person comply...do Keto. Me, I need pizza in my diet so fukk Keto right in the center of its asshole.
It all boils down to input < output and there is no short-circuiting that.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Get lean with calorie restriction and weights, and then exercise like a nut job and eat what you want.

Calorie restriction is good for you once in a while, just to know you can do it.

I love to drink and eat pizza (in moderation)

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Get lean with calorie restriction and weights, and then exercise like a nut job and eat what you want.

Calorie restriction is good for you once in a while, just to know you can do it.

I love to drink and eat pizza (in moderation)
Anabolic steroids are great for cutting body fat and safer than pizza.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Anabolic steroids are great for cutting body fat and safer than pizza.
Will someone give me a little info on this steroid approach. I would like to try to gain some advantage from this. How can I go about getting my feet wet for not a hundred dollars and and the dark-web.
FWIW, I will be surfing a little (hopefully 2-4, maybe 5 sessions/week) for the next 2 months, but I paddle a kayak pretty hard, almost dailyX4-7 miles in current and wind-washinessThanks

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Kento diet used to be IPA and bong rips before paddling out, and nuclear-hot papaya salad after
I had to cut down on the papaya salad and other nuke-hot spices. Up to jalapeno and slightly beyond is still fine.

But other than that, yeah, the diet hasn't changed. And even dawn patrol, I ensure at least 2 poops prior to paddling out to keep the vessel light. Post-sesh Oliver's BBQ tritip sandwich and/or Ranchero Burrito accompanied by 6-12 beers (Oatmeal Stouts are a good initial blood-warmer)... :shaka:

To be truly fair, this is actually the Waves-n-Babes diet. It's a good diet. It suits me well. :beer: