How’s the stock market?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Did you end up holding on to your AMC??
Yes. Bought bags around 11 and took half off at 49.xx and sold remainder at 69.xx :monkey:

Volatility was off the chart the last couple of days. Scalped again this morning to pad the gains when it dropped quickly to 42 and bounced to 55+. Trading on AMC has halted 3x this morning so far.

Watching AMC and BB for reentry.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
GM up over 6% today. Noice.
ETV went up on X div day, sold it, got the dividend and the gain. Noice noice.
I want Stripe to go public. It would be noice noice noice.

Reactions: afoaf

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I went down the PLTR rabbit hole, but didn't really see what was interesting so no yolo.
Got on board on Day 1. Up 32% as of today. Definitely could’ve done some trading and stacked some paper but I’m too lazy and stupid/ripped on dank buds so I’m in it for the long haul.
I laughed my ass off reading about those Reddit YOLO dorks while feeling sad for them at the same time. SMH. Something tells me this badass nerd is gonna make me a lot of money down the line.
1622758674289.jpeg

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reactions: Mr Doof

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Got on board on Day 1. Up 32% as of today. Definitely could’ve done some trading and stacked some paper but I’m too lazy and stupid/ripped on dank buds so I’m in it for the long haul.
I laughed my ass off reading about those Reddit YOLO dorks while feeling sad for them at the same time. SMH. Something tells me this badass nerd is gonna make me a lot of money down the line.
View attachment 110668
Another unprofitable tech company with sky-high valuation, like Tesla, Netflix, Uber, etc.

Since Palantir has been in business since 2003, it's reasonable to conclude it will never be profitable, much like Tesla. If Karp is so smart why can't he figure out profits? Oh well. #YOLO.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I went down the PLTR rabbit hole, but didn't really see what was interesting so no yolo.
I don't understand why these angsty meme stock tweakers are all ride or die on
saving GameStop and at the same time want to pimp some orwellian ratfkrs

fk Palantir in it's stupid fkn face

Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Another unprofitable tech company with sky-high valuation, like Tesla, Netflix, Uber, etc.

Since Palantir has been in business since 2003, it's reasonable to conclude it will never be profitable, much like Tesla. If Karp is so smart why can't he figure out profits? Oh well. #YOLO.

My link is four days newer does that make it more righter than yours? On any given day half the articles about any given company say it’s dank and the others say its lame.

I invest based off of not much more than the vibe Im feeling from a company after I do some dank bong tokes and meditate on what it is that they’re laying down. YMMV but it works for me. For example when the BLM “protests” started I said well looks like people are going to be buying firearms now = VSTO. They also own Bell Helmets which are dank. But I digress something tells me that Palantir is going to be a huge winner long term. It also helps that I got on board on day 1. I felt the initial offer was fairly priced and the stock would NEVER get any cheaper.

Musk and Tesla suck.
Karp and Palantir rule.

1622780584166.jpeg

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
My link is four days newer does that make it more righter than yours? On any given day half the articles about any given company say it’s dank and the others say it sucks ballz.

I invest based off of not much more than the vibe Im feeling from a company after I do some dank bong tokes and meditate on what it is that they’re laying down. YMMV but it works for me. For example when the BLM “protests” started I said well looks like people are going to be buying firearms now = VSTO. They also own Bell Helmets which are dank. But I digress something tells me that long term Palantir is going to be a BIG winner long term.

VSTO has been a good one for me. They also own camelbak, camp chef and several others. Currently my stack is dry right before this run up but will for sure get back in if/when it gets back into the 30s.

Reactions: Chocki

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I invest based off of not much more than the vibe Im feeling from a company after I do some dank bong tokes and meditate on what it is that they’re laying down. YMMV but it works for me.
For example when the BLM “protests” started I said well looks like people are going to be buying firearms now = VSTO. They also own Bell Helmets which are dank. But I digress something tells me that long term Palantir is going to be a BIG winner long term.
:roflmao: :foreheadslap:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My link is four days newer does that make it more righter than yours? On any given day half the articles about any given company say it’s dank and the others say its lame.
Musk sucks.
Karp rules.
I was commenting on tech stocks, not your pick. I have no idea what it will do. Tech moguls are mostly arrogant dingbats who think profits are beneath them, freeing them to focus on "changing the world." They have a lot of brains focused mostly on the wrong things.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I was commenting on tech stocks, not your pick. I have no idea what it will do. Tech moguls are mostly arrogant dingbats who think profits are beneath them, freeing them to focus on "changing the world." They have a lot of brains focused mostly on the wrong things.
It’s going to be “my Amazon”.
Alex Karp is a fucking badass.
Compared to him,
Musk is an errand boy,
sent by grocery clerks,
to collect a bill.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It’s going to be “my Amazon”.
Alex Karp is a fucking badass.
Compared to him,
Musk is an errand boy,
sent by grocery clerks,
to collect a bill.
I read that first one a long time ago. High praise for a Jew from another Jew. No surprises there. This is what we call a technical marketing piece designed to boost sales. You get quotes from former/current customers to say how awesome the product is and how smart the R&D team is and how eccentric/crazy brilliant the founder is. I'll find you some other examples later. I rate you highly susceptible to this marketing. They do it because it works.
A unique Palantir culture began to form in Karp's iconoclast image. Its Palo Alto headquarters, which it calls "the Shire" in reference to the homeland of Tolkien's hobbits, features a conference room turned giant plastic ball pit and has floors littered with Nerf darts and dog hair. (Canines are welcome.) Staffers, most of whom choose to wear Palantir-branded apparel daily, spend so much time at the office that some leave their toothbrushes by the bathroom sinks.
Wow Tolkein so iconoclastic in Silicon Valley! The last place I worked we named every project after a character from Tolkein's novels and had a section of our production line called "Middle Earth."
:roflmao:

Dogs at work! Wow!

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
well gnrc definitely looks like it's popped its cherry.
vibe and a bong rip for your life savings is pretty gnarballs.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I read that first one a long time ago. High praise for a Jew from another Jew. No surprises there. This is what we call a technical marketing piece designed to boost sales. You get quotes from former/current customers to say how awesome the product is and how smart the R&D team is and how eccentric/crazy brilliant the founder is. I'll find you some other examples later. I rate you highly susceptible to this marketing. They do it because it works.

Wow Tolkein so iconoclastic in Silicon Valley! The last place I worked we named every project after a character from Tolkein's novels and had a section of our production line called "Middle Earth."
:roflmao:

Dogs at work! Wow!
I just link to stuff like that to prove I’m right Lol. They’ve been on my radar for a long time b/c of their CIA roots.
I love how Karp is a hypocritical capitalist sociopath at heart just like me.