Leash strings

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Has anyone ever actually snapped a modern leash?

I can't ever remember seeing a snapped one, maybe I have, but nearly every broken leash I've seen has "broken" at the swivel likely due to the allen key bolt loosening.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Has anyone ever actually snapped a modern leash?

I can't ever remember seeing a snapped one, maybe I have, but nearly every broken leash I've seen has "broken" at the swivel likely due to the allen key bolt loosening.
really?

i break a couple per year. usually near the stand-off at either end but sometimes out in the middle of the cord.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I break one about once a year out of the 3 in rotation. My daily driver starts out as a 6'er and ends around an 8'er.

strings need to be replaced once a year and the breaks in leashes occur at the swivel, hard ankle piece, and usually in the center of the cord.

do you guys even get waves in socal :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
100’ might be a bit much, lifetime supply but 25’ on eBay for $5 shipped
:shrug::shrug:
Right? But on the upside, maybe the wife likes to be tied up during sex? I mean, pull up YouTube, type in "paracord survival" and you can watch videos on paracord all day. I'm building a vacation home in the Dominican Republic entirely out of paracord. I strangled the former owner. With paracord. :cheers: