***The Official GOP “Where Do We Go From Here?” Thread***

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’m still hoping there’s less of a divide than the last 4 years
The rhetoric made it worse
Hopefully that’s toned down and one team will have one less thing to freak out about, and the other team will have one less thing to have to defend
I can have hope, can’t I?

Reactions: test_article

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The politics remain completely intact and untouched. Closing the border and sending the illegals back was a popular idea before Trump and it will continue to be popular after he's gone. Merit-based immigration reform remains popular. America First and telling the EU to GFY is still popular with a lot of people. Wanting a fair deal with our trading partners remains a popular idea. Drill,baby, drill is still a thing. Telling the SJWs "no" when they make their PC demands remains a thing. Etc, etc.

None of that has changed among those people, Trump's antics since the election notwithstanding. Nor is the legacy media going to regain its ability to manufacture consent. Divergent opinion and thoughtcrime will continue to grow.

Predictions of one part rule in perpetuity have been made by both parties before and they've been completely wrong about that every single time. This time will be no different. The right might not regain control in govt for a few years but they're not going anywhere, either. 2021 will not be the killshot that the liberals were hoping for.
It’s funny you think MAGA has a clue about trade issues and the like.

Reactions: afoaf

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
no joke, I think you can draw a direct line between 2000s era Fred Durst nü metal and the modern 40-something, early 50-something aggro disaffected male who believes in conspiracy theories.

that douchey guy was in his 20s/early 30s back then. Now he’s just older, fatter, and drives a bigger pickup.

View attachment 104127
...and before that were the mosh pits of the '80s, eh?

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
The politics remain completely intact and untouched. Closing the border and sending the illegals back was a popular idea before Trump and it will continue to be popular after he's gone. Merit-based immigration reform remains popular. America First and telling the EU to GFY is still popular with a lot of people. Wanting a fair deal with our trading partners remains a popular idea. Drill,baby, drill is still a thing. Telling the SJWs "no" when they make their PC demands remains a thing. Etc, etc.

None of that has changed among those people, Trump's antics since the election notwithstanding. Nor is the legacy media going to regain its ability to manufacture consent. Divergent opinion and thoughtcrime will continue to grow.

Predictions of one part rule in perpetuity have been made by both parties before and they've been completely wrong about that every single time. This time will be no different. The right might not regain control in govt for a few years but they're not going anywhere, either. 2021 will not be the killshot that the liberals were hoping for.
They sure can get some doozies elected, can they not? Can you do anything to modulate your party's primary choices or are you part of the problem?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
It's not unique to NY or NJ. Hardcore scenes everywhere had their militant control freak fuckwits. Straight edge in CA at least had the same issues. Not that I was one, I hated those guys mostly. There was often a fine line between straight edge and nazi skinhead wrt personality and beliefs.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I think it was Barack's campaign that led to the Tea Party, Barack's inauguration that led to obstructionism, Barack's successful administration that led to MAGA and, Jeez, mass hysteria that led to Q.
Let's say you're right (I think you are in part, but his being elected really got sh!t going), why did one lead to the other?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It's not unique to NY or NJ. Hardcore scenes everywhere had their militant control freak fuckwits. Straight edge in CA at least had the same issues. Not that I was one, I hated those guys mostly. There was often a fine line between straight edge and nazi skinhead wrt personality and beliefs.
The militant control freak fuckwits are just as often left wingers as well, treating different leftist beliefs as dogma

Hell, that's even what "punch a nazi" is

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Let's say you're right (I think you are in part, but his being elected really got sh!t going), why did one lead to the other?
Santelli's rant (Feb., 2009) over the Recovery Act's $14.2B in stimulus is blamed for the now-defunct Tea Party, right? Yet, Bush had issued $120B stimulus in Apr., 2008 without a revolutionary peep from Santelli.

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"Part of Trump’s promise to voters, in 2016 and again in 2020, was that they might be liberated not by his virtues, but by his vices. They, too, might be spared the inconvenience of obligation to other people. They, too, could be free to indulge their wants with impunity. They, too, could engage in cruelty and rebrand it as a proud stance against political correctness. They could call themselves patriots—not because they sacrificed for a common cause, but because they understood that the worst thing one can be, in this world, is a pussy."

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
"Part of Trump’s promise to voters, in 2016 and again in 2020, was that they might be liberated not by his virtues, but by his vices. They, too, might be spared the inconvenience of obligation to other people. They, too, could be free to indulge their wants with impunity. They, too, could engage in cruelty and rebrand it as a proud stance against political correctness. They could call themselves patriots—not because they sacrificed for a common cause, but because they understood that the worst thing one can be, in this world, is a pussy."

The only mistakes Donnie BooBoo ever admits are the ones he hired.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Those folks are getting older now. Their powers are fading. Their violence will fade. These are all passing things. What is coming up behind them? What is it that we don't see coming?
You know, hardly anyone at the capitol hill protests looked like they were senior citizens.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
That's some wishful thinking right there. The people who committed offenses get what they get, but their politics aren't going anywhere.

They are now the counterculture. The voice of dissent. The subversive and rebellious elements in opposition to the authoritarian left. And those are American flags they're waving, not Antifa flags.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: afoaf

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
That's some wishful thinking right there. The people who committed offenses get what they get, but their politics aren't going anywhere.

They are now the counterculture. The voice of dissent. The subversive and rebellious elements in opposition to the authoritarian left. And those are American flags they're waving, not Antifa flags.
Yes, wishful as hell. Stamp out the GQP!

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Knock yourself out. America will never be dominated by either of the main parties for any length of time. It basically can't happen.