Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I remember trying to buy a bunch of bitcoin when it was under 200. It was around 2013 I think and I had gone down the rabbit hole reading about it on reddit. I remember I had to scan my drivers license and send it to the brokerage but I think they wanted me to link my bank account as well or something and I got too sketched out and gave up. One of my nerdier friends went through with it, bought a few but I believe has since lost the key to his digital wallet.
I was in 3rd year university back then I think. A few people in my business school were talking about it, but it was the people who I were at odds with. They didn't appreciate me rocking up to class smelling like neoprene and my nose dripping on to the desk. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
what is the crypto to English translation for that ^^ ?
Google Bollinger bands, google chart for cryptocurrency, think critically.

(I don't know, but to paraphrase the minstrel Snoop Canine, "Da Game Is 2 Be Sold, Not Told")

shoulda woulda coulda...

what's ur next move duus??
Get authenticator up on old phone so I can actually log into Coinbase/Kraken and see what the subset of house money I left in Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Bitcoin Cash, plus dollar cash on the exchanges, are worth.

Reactions: Havoc

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Don't FOMO guys, this sh!t easily could have went back to zero. It's weird and people use it for shady sh!t. Yes, it moonshot to 33K but it could also be illegalized at some point by the IRS/Gov. I've spent $10K investing in 5 different ICO launches. None of them have made me money. One has broken even. 4 don't even have websites any more. It's gambling with nerds at the steering wheel.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
there Are a bunch of nerds on here with whom I’d ride shotgun with on the cannonball run

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Sounds like a pretty good time!
Oh it is! But don't FOMO on it being $33K and thinking you were going to buy 20 coins when it was $300. BTC was even shadier back then. It's a total gamble. Way more risky than stock market. Have fun and play it, but don't FOMO.

I think I still have 20K shares of TRX in some wallet or on Binance. Still waiting on that to take me to LamboLand.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It’s either SubCoin or latex sales. One way or another we’ll get there

Reactions: Truth

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Don't FOMO guys, this sh!t easily could have went back to zero. It's weird and people use it for shady sh!t. Yes, it moonshot to 33K but it could also be illegalized at some point by the IRS/Gov.
They're never going to shut down BTC as long as it's useful for busting numbskulls who use it for illegal stuff thinking "crypto" means "anonymous ledger/can't be traced".

Interesting that Monero with an anonymous ledger is being de-platformed from the exchanges :unsure:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
They're never going to shut down BTC as long as it's useful for busting numbskulls who use it for illegal stuff thinking "crypto" means "anonymous ledger/can't be traced".

Interesting that Monero with an anonymous ledger is being de-platformed from the exchanges :unsure:
They might not shut it down, but FTC/IRS gonna get all up in crypto b-hole at some point.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Stimulus checks getting direct deposited will keep this at a small, but steady increase.
Probably won't drop for awhile. My guess.
People are getting $600 in their accounts, depositing to Paypal (or Coinbase) and buying.
Two clicks.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
They might not shut it down, but FTC/IRS gonna get all up in crypto b-hole at some point.
Death and taxes are always a good bet.
this is a big deal:

This is a textwall of CEO gibberish. He's probably lying about something:
“While governments in other countries have built real-time payments systems, the United States has relied on our innovation sector to deliver real-time payments technologies. Some of those technologies are built and managed by bank consortia and some are based on independent node verification networks such as blockchains,” said Acting Comptroller of the Currency Brian P. Brooks. “The President’s Working Group on Financial Markets recently articulated a strong framework for ushering in an era of stablecoin-based financial infrastructure, identifying important risks while allowing those risks to be managed in a technology-agnostic way. Our letter removes any legal uncertainty about the authority of banks to connect to blockchains as validator nodes and thereby transact stablecoin payments on behalf of customers who are increasingly demanding the speed, efficiency, interoperability, and low cost associated with these products.”
I realize he didn't write the statement himself but did he read it?