Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
just waiting for the crash lol. Couple of my buddies just became millionaires with btc. 2018 all over again. This time ppl using stimulus money to buy instead of student loans. Some of the whales are going in on btc long term so that is promising.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
oh this sh1t definitely crashing.

i feel like whenever my friends start hitting me up asking about crypto it's time to sell.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I yolo'd my savings in at ~11K in September.

I don't think its going to crash as 2017. The people who are buying right now are large institutions that have long time horizons and are using it as an alternative to USD as a treasury reserve asset. Back in 2017 it was all retail fomo

Reactions: Havoc and Aruka

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Also, I wouldn't recommend buying any bitcoin on paypal. You don't really own it when you purchase it from them. You're unable to pull it off their platform to a wallet

So what happens when you "sell" it? I only have a couple hundred dollars in bitcoin on paypal for shits.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I do think there is some differences vs. past runs. Like Yew mentioned there is some large players buying in. Just the fact that you can buy crypto on Paypal now is a pretty big deal both in real terms and in terms of the perceived legitimacy of crypto. I think, anyways. What happens when a couple of the big players start to pull out in favor of better investments though?

It seems like every time the market dips from a big high, it doesn't go as low as previously lows. The floor is raised, basically. I reckon we are due for a drop but whether it will ever go below this years low of 5k again, I kind of doubt.

Reactions: Yewstreet

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
So what happens when you "sell" it? I only have a couple hundred dollars in bitcoin on paypal for shits.
Will probably have no effect. Paypal will cash you out. Downside is you can't use it to conduct transactions person to person solely in bitcoin and all transactions will be tracked by paypal

Reactions: Aruka

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Cash app will let you buy and withdrawal to any wallet you want FYI. Not sure how the fees compare to Paypal.

Some of the big players who bought in (hedge funds) will need to pull out to rebalance their portfolios at some point. Others (Microstrategy) seem to be planning to hold long term.

There will be a "crash" coming, but whether that comes at $50K, $100K, or somewhere else is anyone's guess. I'd bet the bottom is in the $15K-$20K range based on nothing but a guess.

No matter what happens, I'm LMAO at anyone who thinks it's ever going to $0.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Yeah i think there's solid support in the price range you mentioned. December has been absolutely crazy. I wake up some days and its up another 1K usd, other days I check after surfing and its down 3K :ROFLMAO:

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
If you don't want to play it directly, play these and others...
MARA
RIOT
CAN
NXTD

Also, great SPAC for the new year is BFT (Paysafe), LGVW as well (ARK heavy on this)
You're welcome..

Reactions: Yewstreet and afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
do you get in just for the completion of acquisition and bounce or are you long on them?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Anyone had success selling after these little bumps and buying back in on the dips?
Fascinating stuff.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
As someone who uses crypto to pay for digital services, I like Litecoin as it has the lowest transaction fees of all the bigger coins. Cheaper than credit card, paypal or square fees.
Does that allow you to choose better times or be caught in worse times to pay for those services based on litecoin price, or do they always adjust and compensate?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Payment usually goes through within 5-20min, so not much volatility within that amount of time. It's kinda crazy how much cheaper it is than credit cards, bank transfers and even paypal. Saves me hundreds a month. The only downside is I'm not protected like with those others, but I'm paying service providers and contract people that I've worked with for years.

Reactions: PJ and the janitor

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
do you get in just for the completion of acquisition and bounce or are you long on them?
It depends on the trend, some certainly dip hard (like GOEV the last week), some go nutty (like QS and LAZR)...SPAC's definitely have their "pattern" and deviate at times. Long for me is week(s), swings/calculated scalps are more my preference.
Done a lot of DD on LGVW soon to be Butterfly and BFT soon to be Paysafe and feel that they could multibag. I typically just set stop(s) if I'm not in front of the screen and go with the hype/trend, if the profit is reasonable I will take it and move on...not married to any stock. Robinhooders and trading since Covid has some psychological predictability that wasn't as obvious prior to Covid.
I think RKT could have a good year too. Crypto could go nuts...EV/GREEN/Cannabis under Biden could go nuts.
And of course all of these could go straight to hell, but I do put my hard earned money into what I preach and certainly don't want to lose it or make suggestions I'm not partaking in. I wish success to all that play the market, it's designed to frustrate you.
Nio beat on deliveries, Nio Day is on the 9th, could run up a bit this week prior to the 9th...again, trend/hype/etc are some key factors along with technical's.

Good Luck to all, you need just one good trade to change your life, not for material garbage, but for you and your family and delegating precious time to what you want to partake in vs being on somebody's else's clock...that's what money gives you, your own time and how you want to spend/dictate it. Pardon the short answer.

Position of Fuck You sums it up nicely...

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Payment usually goes through within 5-20min, so not much volatility within that amount of time. It's kinda crazy how much cheaper it is than credit cards, bank transfers and even paypal. Saves me hundreds a month. The only downside is I'm not protected like with those others, but I'm paying service providers and contract people that I've worked with for years.
fkn genius

Last edited:
Reactions: the janitor