Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm curious how people are depositing high 5 figures and 6 figures (7 figures?) cash in to their bank accounts from their wallets without a million flags going off.

I deposited 25K from my Paypal into my checking account and had to have phone calls with my bank and it didn't clear for a week.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I'm curious how people are depositing high 5 figures and 6 figures (7 figures?) cash in to their bank accounts from their wallets without a million flags going off.

I deposited 25K from my Paypal into my checking account and had to have phone calls with my bank and it didn't clear for a week.
The exchanges have limits on how much you can withdrawal per day/week to prevent a run on their cash reserves. Also, fees differ for every exchange. Be sure to check their fee schedules before making any trades. Also, not all exchanges operate in all States due to local regulatory laws and compliance problems. Check to make sure the exchange operates in your state.

If you need to cash out to fiat, there are 7 US-based exchanges to choose from.

Coinbase / Coinbase Pro / Coinbase Prime (San Francisco)
Largest in US; sh!t customer service; really sh!t interface; sh!t web servers that go down a lot

Kraken / Kraken Pro / Kraken Financial (San Francisco)
2nd largest in US; only US exchange with margin trading

Gemini (NY)
Founded by Winklevoss Twins (Facebook fame); originally geared towards institutions

Bittrex (Seattle)
Best UI; poor volume

Binance.US (San Francisco)
Separate company than binance.com (for legal reasons), ok volume, ok interface

BitFlyerUSA (San Francisco)
US affiliate of Hong Kong exchange

Okcoin (San Francisco)
US affiliate of Asian exchange

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The exchanges have limits on how much you can withdrawal per day/week to prevent a run on their cash reserves. Also, fees differ for every exchange. Be sure to check their fee schedules before making any trades.

If you need to cash out to fiat, there are 7 US-based exchanges to choose from.

Coinbase / Coinbase Pro / Coinbase Prime (San Francisco)
Largest in US; sh!t customer service; really sh!t interface; sh!t web servers that go down a lot

Kraken / Kraken Pro / Kraken Financial (San Francisco)
2nd largest in US; only US exchange with margin trading

Gemini (NY)
Founded by Winklevoss Twins (Facebook fame); originally geared towards institutions

Bittrex (Seattle)
Best UI; poor volume

Binance.US (San Francisco)
Separate company than binance.com (for legal reasons), ok volume, ok interface

BitFlyerUSA (San Francisco)
US affiliate of HK exchange

Okcoin (San Francisco)
US affiliate of Asian exchange
how you feeling about this?!

I feel like I tesla'd myself all over again

it hurts

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

it hurts
Your use of an exclamation mark indicates emotion. There is no room for emotion in trading. Don't let FOMO start creeping in. If you feel like you missed an opportunity, remain calm af, and find the next entry. If you want to be successful in this game, bury your emotion in a closet and never let it out. Learning to control your emotion will also help you in other areas of life, such as getting caught inside a big set at your favorite reef break during a big WNW swell that is running 15' @ 18".

75-100k long term but not without drops. Remember, you can always get back in if you think it's going up further. It's that simple. I know many who have already cashed out, happy with their gains, paid off their houses, new vehicles, etc. But big institutions are buying like mad, so it just keeps climbing.

I've already cashed out my BTC and threw it all down on alts, which have much bigger gains/losses potential than BTC. For example, at least 10 popular ALT coins are up over 100% in last two weeks. But I trade for a living. If I had to pick a hodl coin with biggest potential gains from here, I'd say ADA (0.29), DOT (9), LTC (170) or ETH (1200). I'm sure many alts will see 500-1000% gains by end of year if BTC does 100%. Let's see how this post ages in a year or two.

Keep in mind, eventually the rug will get pulled.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Firstly, your use of an exclamation mark indicates emotion. There is no room for emotion in trading. Don't let FOMO start creeping in. If you feel like you missed an opportunity, remain calm af, and find the next entry. If you want to be successful in this game, bury your emotion in a closet and never let it out. Control your emotion. It will also helps in other areas of life such as getting caught inside a big set at your favorite reef break during a big WNW swell that is running 15' @ 18".

75-100k long term but not without drops. Remember, you can always get back in if you think it's going up further. It's that simple. I know many who have already cashed out, happy with their gains, paid off their houses, new vehicles, etc. But big institutions are buying like mad, so it just keeps climbing.

I've already cashed out my BTC and threw it all down on alts, which have much bigger gains/losses potential than BTC. For example, at least 10 popular ALT coins are up over 100% in last two weeks. But I trade for a living. If I had to pick a hodl coin with biggest potential gains from here, I'd say ADA (0.29), DOT (9), LTC (170) or ETH (1200). I'm sure many alts will see 500-1000% gains by end of year if BTC does 100%. Let's see how this post ages in a year or two.

I think I'll keep buying btc, but have started to look at alt coins. More gain loss/potential as you said. I've been starting to pick up DOT because I like the idea of it and the staking function on kraken. Might pick up some cardano as well. As BTC drives more mainstream adoption, I'm hoping some of it flows through to the alt coins at some point in time.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
@r32 thoughts on ICX?

whoa, that'd be like a month on the mainland

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaverite

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
ETH is my feeling as well, for a hodl.

Also LTC cause I actually use it a lot to send payments.
Litecoin is my jam for whatever reason. Boss af tbh fam

Your use of an exclamation mark indicates emotion. There is no room for emotion in trading. Don't let FOMO start creeping in. If you feel like you missed an opportunity, remain calm af, and find the next entry. If you want to be successful in this game, bury your emotion in a closet and never let it out. Learning to control your emotion will also help you in other areas of life, such as getting caught inside a big set at your favorite reef break during a big WNW swell that is running 15' @ 18".

If I didn't emotionally desire an italian automobile with a stylized bull on it, I'd give approximately zero fux.

Controlling my emotion doesn't do sh!t for being caught inside. Controlling my breathing is useful; my emotion, I let that boil over and let the rage course through my veins and power me out the back.

• Haha
Reactions: Yewstreet and r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Available on Kraken, Bittrex, and Binance US.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/icon/markets/

Don't follow ICX project and have never traded it. I mostly watch the following coins and trade the hell out of them over and over and over.

The King
BTC

Smart Contracts
ADA
DOT
ETH
XLM
XTZ
VET

Defi
AAVE
LINK
LRC
UMA
UNI
SNX
YFI

Oracle Coins
BAND
LINK
REP
>He doesn't trade Litecoin
>He hates gainz

Cuckado y azulpilado

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
>He doesn't trade Litecoin
>He hates gainz

Cuckado y azulpilado
was in middle of editing as I forgot some coins listed off top of my head. And if you read my earlier post you will see LTC is part of my big four.
:trout:

Kraken had an outage yesterday. But Coinbase is the king of outages. Nobody comes close. They simply can't handle the volume they get when the market turns hot. They have a sh.t website, sh.t IT department, and sh.t customer service.

But they are the 2nd largest exchange in the world, only behind Binance.com. They give away free coins through their /earn/ program to get people hooked. They have 38 USD pairs and 6 more USDC pairs. And have lots of liquidity for at least 1/3rd of the coins listed. So no matter what, people are going to still use them.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Kraken had an outage yesterday. But Coinbase is the king of outages. Nobody comes close. They simply can't handle the volume they get when the market turns hot. They have a sh.t website, sh.t IT department, and sh.t customer service. But they are the 2nd largest exchange in the world, only behind Binance.com.
Like Ive heard many people say - bitcoin price goes up, coinbase goes down :)

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

it hurts
If I held my initial holdings I could have a quiver of roy stewarts :roflmao:

The guy who introduced me to bitcoin has made fuck you money. Last I saw he did DMT and then bought some eco resort so he and other hippies can get high.
He is also bat sh!t crazy!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I have no idea what you guys are saying, but I think I like it :cool:
1. The exchanges for CryptoCurrency (Crypto eTrade, Crypto ScottTrade, etc) all have pluses and minuses.

2. Don't let Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) or Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) influence your Crypto trading decisions

3. Lambos have way better handling and reliability since Audi bought them. Might even fit myself in at 6'2", and if I bought it in January, I might make it from the dealership all the way home before the A/C breaks.

4. Some heterodox/different drum types have made a shitload of money off Crypto

5. That guy who used Bitcoin to buy drugs off Silk Road for Burning Man circa 2011/2012? If he had just decided to hodl his BTC until today, he could buy the Cotton Estate and Tavarua, and have money left over to buy and bulldoze Volcom's Pipe Houses and put in a beachfront shared workspace/Starbucks/surfboard rental (free solo shot rental with any wavestorm rental; all deck-mounted backwards-facing GoPros fully charged and mem card wiped!).

And probably a yacht to cruise around the Ments, and a Kruschev-era Soviet sub to torpedo other boats looking to insta-crowd his dank goods.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
4. Some heterodox/different drum types
LOLLLLLLL

I love it. Love seeing hippies, nerds, weirdos, comp dorks getting crazy rich. Better than more, old, white heteros who went to Ivy Leagues, lots of opportunities and came from money. At least the nerds had a window this time.

The most in to crypto guy I know is a black man from Compton. Moved here and married and had kids. Tried every thing to make money from selling insurance, mortgages, cellular, solar, Spectrum, etc. Hustled hard but couldn't make it. Square peg. He started mining on his own, using the electricity from the co-op work space he was renting from. He could retire now. Has two young daughters. Used to be flashy and douchey, but got humbled by capitalism. Bounced back, made generational money and is no longer flashy and douchey. Love to see it.

Last edited:

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
@r32 thoughts on ICX?

whoa, that'd be like a month on the mainland
Weed growers....

99.9% of the legal market is done on a cash basis. Property next door next to my dad just sold. 36 acres. 100% cash transaction. You go to any dispensary. No credit, no Debit. Cash... If you don't have it there's an ATM in the corner.

The current going rate for these guys to lease property around here is $5000/acre annually. Paid in cash. So you write your official lease up for $2500/acre for tax purposes....

Last edited:

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
1. The exchanges for CryptoCurrency (Crypto eTrade, Crypto ScottTrade, etc) all have pluses and minuses.

2. Don't let Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) or Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) influence your Crypto trading decisions

3. Lambos have way better handling and reliability since Audi bought them. Might even fit myself in at 6'2", and if I bought it in January, I might make it from the dealership all the way home before the A/C breaks.

4. Some heterodox/different drum types have made a shitload of money off Crypto

5. That guy who used Bitcoin to buy drugs off Silk Road for Burning Man circa 2011/2012? If he had just decided to hodl his BTC until today, he could buy the Cotton Estate and Tavarua, and have money left over to buy and bulldoze Volcom's Pipe Houses and put in a beachfront shared workspace/Starbucks/surfboard rental (free solo shot rental with any wavestorm rental; all deck-mounted backwards-facing GoPros fully charged and mem card wiped!).

And probably a yacht to cruise around the Ments, and a Kruschev-era Soviet sub to torpedo other boats looking to insta-crowd his dank goods.
Sativa much?