Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

tsenn

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 11, 2004
san diego
It depends on the trend, some certainly dip hard (like GOEV the last week), some go nutty (like QS and LAZR)...SPAC's definitely have their "pattern" and deviate at times. Long for me is week(s), swings/calculated scalps are more my preference.
Done a lot of DD on LGVW soon to be Butterfly and BFT soon to be Paysafe and feel that they could multibag. I typically just set stop(s) if I'm not in front of the screen and go with the hype/trend, if the profit is reasonable I will take it and move on...not married to any stock. Robinhooders and trading since Covid has some psychological predictability that wasn't as obvious prior to Covid.
I think RKT could have a good year too. Crypto could go nuts...EV/GREEN/Cannabis under Biden could go nuts.
And of course all of these could go straight to hell, but I do put my hard earned money into what I preach and certainly don't want to lose it or make suggestions I'm not partaking in. I wish success to all that play the market, it's designed to frustrate you.
Nio beat on deliveries, Nio Day is on the 9th, could run up a bit this week prior to the 9th...again, trend/hype/etc are some key factors along with technical's.

Good Luck to all, you need just one good trade to change your life, not for material garbage, but for you and your family and delegating precious time to what you want to partake in vs being on somebody's else's clock...that's what money gives you, your own time and how you want to spend/dictate it. Pardon the short answer.

Position of fook You sums it up nicely...
So awesome...

Reactions: need 4 speed

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Good Luck to all, you need just one good trade to change your life, not for material garbage, but for you and your family and delegating precious time to what you want to partake in vs being on somebody's else's clock...that's what money gives you, your own time and how you want to spend/dictate it. Pardon the short answer.
Yeah for me the end goal is to be able to afford some kind of property in the bay area. I'm still under 30, so I've got time to work at it. I just look at it as any profit I make saves me the time of working away to make that $ at my day job.

Also, the robinhood phenomenon is crazy to me. However it does make for good entertainment browsing wallstbets

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'd say short BTC and it's bound to crash, but 2020 was a time warp black hole so who knows.
I wouldn't be surprised if it crashed to $10K or if it jumped to $50K.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
now is when the whales start talking btc tripling quadrupling in the news, should climb up a bit before the big drop. soak in more profits before the big plunge...

Reactions: Aruka

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
since consumer investing is basically a gambling hustle, do what all successful gamblers do.
when ever you are ahead and your investment hits a new high, cash out and take half off the table as your winnings. Letting things ride unless its cash is a course to heartbreak.

There's no way without the resources you are going to get ahead of a crash. No one with out heavy machine resources and a quant army can get the exact timing to pull out just right as to not get caught in the whirlpool. That's what happened in 2008 people got focused on the prize and not the future only a couple could see beyond the sparkling winning.

Robinhood created this mess and it will create it's downfall by bring in an army of amateurs to pump up the market with get rich dreams. Worse than the daytraders of the past.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Isn't Bitcoin an NSA counter-finance operation? It's an alt currency invented by "Satoshi Nakamoto" that achieves none of its stated goals and has a public ledger that records every transaction. A friend of a friend tried to create an exchange that anonymized Bitcoin and the Feds went after him quickly. He had to spend a lot of money on attorneys to avoid prison.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Isn't Bitcoin an NSA counter-finance operation? It's an alt currency invented by "Satoshi Nakamoto" that achieves none of its stated goals and has a public ledger that records every transaction. A friend of a friend tried to create an exchange that anonymized Bitcoin and the Feds went after him quickly. He had to spend a lot of money on attorneys to avoid prison.
It's Deep State cucked to the max. Send me and Doof all your BTC.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
There is an a coin that has a privacy function liked that called Monero. Its currently one of the top used coins on the darkweb and is getting delisted off some of the exchanges

Reactions: Aruka

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
the call was 30k, jumped to 32 just over night. I took some profit (paid for deposit on new roof) but now I recall seeing that same person I think calling 100k. Should I load up again? Heady times. Also preparing to take advantage of an S+P tank in Q1
I won $20,000 online in 2016 and was too scared to actually cash in. Taking it in BitCoin was and option. Yes, I'm kicking myself.

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
Free $20K?

TheRectum is the only place that's not an auto-take.
It was a Costa Rican based website. I was playing Caribbean Stud, and hit the progressive jackpot, with a straight flush. My whole account froze, while they verified it for 2-3 days. Since I was too scared to cash out, I picked a number ($50,000) that I'd try to get it up to, and then fly down there. I even asked if I could have it sent directly to a local Costa Rican charity (no go). Got it up to $36,000 playing $500 hands of blackjack, then it dwindled. I don't even want to know the math on it would have been if I just cashed out with Bitcoin.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
It was a Costa Rican based website. I was playing Caribbean Stud, and hit the progressive jackpot, with a straight flush. My whole account froze, while they verified it for 2-3 days. Since I was too scared to cash out, I picked a number ($50,000) that I'd try to get it up to, and then fly down there. I even asked if I could have it sent directly to a local Costa Rican charity (no go). Got it up to $36,000 playing $500 hands of blackjack, then it dwindled. I don't even want to know the math on it would have been if I just cashed out with Bitcoin.
bitcoin fluctuated from like 300 to 900 in 2016. split the difference and say 600. 20k in bitcoin at that time would be 33 bitcoin. 33 bitcoin is currently worth about a million bucks.

• Wow
Reactions: Norm' and Yewstreet

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
bitcoin fluctuated from like 300 to 900 in 2016. split the difference and say 600. 20k in bitcoin at that time would be 33 bitcoin. 33 bitcoin is currently worth about a million bucks.
Wish I had the means/understanding to have picked up a bunch back then! Sadly I was young(er) and dumb, blowing money at the bar and surf trips.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Wish I had the means/understanding to have picked up a bunch back then! Sadly I was young(er) and dumb, blowing money at the bar and surf trips.
I remember trying to buy a bunch of bitcoin when it was under 200. It was around 2013 I think and I had gone down the rabbit hole reading about it on reddit. I remember I had to scan my drivers license and send it to the brokerage but I think they wanted me to link my bank account as well or something and I got too sketched out and gave up. One of my nerdier friends went through with it, bought a few but I believe has since lost the key to his digital wallet.