Technique and Coaching

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
I learned from an early age that you got to lick it before you stick it.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
its amazing what a few adjustments someone tells to do can do to improve your style

there is kid here in nias who rips and so smooth as a goofy footer

my kid never listens to me so hired him to help her - she listened and already way smoother

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
A local surf coach was coaching a kid in Oceanside when I was out one day. It was a fun small day. Clean and sunny. Not crowded.

It just seemed odd to me.

It gave a weird vibe.

It's was like, "Hey, we're trying to work here."

Where I was in the same sphere as they were trying to have fun.

They were acting like, as a result, they had priority.

It's was an odd juxtaposition.

I think it's really good to film yourself.

I see myself and go, OHMYGOD!

On. side note: I was having trouble foil boarding and I put my front foot further up and it changed everything.

A coach could have told me that

Where is my foil coach!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
i surf without a leash about half the time.
You're not experiencing the full fun of falling off unless you're falling off without a leash all the time.

When you start to fall off all the time and you're never wearing a leash is where the fun really starts.

A guy like you who really enjoys falling off will want to take it to the next level.

(Oops, I'm coaching you. Sry.)

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
A local surf coach was coaching a kid in Oceanside when I was out one day. It was a fun small day. Clean and sunny. Not crowded.

It just seemed odd to me.

It gave a weird vibe.

It's was like, "Hey, we're trying to work here."

Where I was in the same sphere as they were trying to have fun.

They were acting like, as a result, they had priority.

It's was an odd juxtaposition.

I think it's really good to film yourself.

I see myself and go, OHMYGOD!

On. side note: I was having trouble foil boarding and I put my front foot further up and it changed everything.

A coach could have told me that

Where is my foil coach!
so ur a fouler now?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Decades back there was this kid (who I will not name) that was an amazing talent. We all had him pegged as Tommy the sequel. His father would yell at him from the beach with a bullhorn as he surfed down the point. I was sitting next to him one time when his dad started yelling about a set. The poor kid just looked down, shook his head, then looked at me and rolled his eyes. "Have you ever asked him to stop doing that?"

"There's no stopping him."

About a year later the kid vanished. Decade or so later I ran into the father and he remembered me. I asked him where his kid was, remarked that I never saw him the water anymore. "Oh, he quit surfing. Decided he wanted to play soccer."

Where the refs will throw a parent off the field for yelling with a bullhorn.

I had a very famous pro give me a solid tip a long time ago. Surfing on your frontside, for cutbacks and in some cases top turns, if you drop your lead arm and use your hand/arm as a pivot point your weight naturally shifts to your front foot which enables you to tighten the arc with board slide. If you want to carve all the way through say a 180 degree plus cutback, raise your lead arm as you engage the rail.

That will be $99.99

Cash. :dancing:

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You're not experiencing the full fun of falling off unless you're falling off without a leash all the time.

When you start to fall off all the time and you're never wearing a leash is where the fun really starts.

A guy like you who really enjoys falling off will want to take it to the next level.

(Oops, I'm coaching you. Sry.)
Clearly you and I surf for different reasons.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Surfing leashless is good for fitness unless crowded and you fall once in a while.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Decades back there was this kid (who I will not name) that was an amazing talent. We all had him pegged as Tommy the sequel. His father would yell at him from the beach with a bullhorn as he surfed down the point. I was sitting next to him one time when his dad started yelling about a set. The poor kid just looked down, shook his head, then looked at me and rolled his eyes. "Have you ever asked him to stop doing that?"

"There's no stopping him."

About a year later the kid vanished. Decade or so later I ran into the father and he remembered me. I asked him where his kid was, remarked that I never saw him the water anymore. "Oh, he quit surfing. Decided he wanted to play soccer."

Where the refs will throw a parent off the field for yelling with a bullhorn.

I had a very famous pro give me a solid tip a long time ago. Surfing on your frontside, for cutbacks and in some cases top turns, if you drop your lead arm your weight naturally shifts to your front foot which enables you to tighten the arc with board slide. If you want to carve all the way through say a 180 degree plus cutback, raise your lead arm as you engage the rail.

That will $99.99

Cash.
J. G.?

His dad was a fucking asshole. Sometimes he’d come out on a boogie board and yell at his kid. He’d tell J to drop in on people (I never saw him actually burn anyone) and dad would yell at other people for getting waves that he wanted J to go on.

Pops got his ass beat a few times.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Clearly you and I surf for different reasons.
No, you're simply being contrarion to be contrarion.

The evidence you've posted here undeniably suggests you're just the same as most other surfers

You've even posted about seeking opportunities to challenge your surfing.

Therefore, you want to get better. Whether you admit it or not. :ROFLMAO:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
J. G.?

His dad was a fucking asshole. Sometimes he’d come out on a boogie board and yell at his kid. He’d tell J to drop in on people (I never saw him actually burn anyone) and dad would yell at other people for getting waves that he wanted J to go on.

Pops got his ass beat a few times.
PM me the name, I want to see how well the kid surfed.