Is it possible to rip on a mid-length?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Just put a dozen plugs in it.
Along with one of these:
Joking, not joking. What’s wrong with having different options on the same board. Do extra plugs affect flex, etc? I think when it’s time to get some boards again, along with their intended multi-fin plugs some will have SF boxes. Mini Simmons that’s a twin and single fin?
1596974079126.jpeg

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Plug placements allow a Thruster - Twin set up - Twin fin plugs interfere other set ups = 4 fin plugs

5 - 4 fin set up and Thruster if wanted

My 9' Thruster - Twin in 2000 was really fun :)
What about the Bahne box? I’d love for example to be able to run an old man step up board (7’4”) as a thruster/quad and as a single/widow maker?

Jul 29, 2018
View attachment 95954
This covers that ground perfectly for me.
Upright twins for beachies/tight pockets, keels for tiny runners or big open faces. It goes amazing backhand too.
6’10 x 21 x 2 5/8.
I’d love to get a Nautilus one day, I’ve been pining over one of those for years.
Hey toobz
Is that the Two model?
I've just ordered a 7 ft on from Gary McNeill. Love to know how it goes.

Reactions: Toobz

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
10" box will interfere with 5 fin and thruster center fin plugs
These designs have existed for a very long time - cuz dey work ! ;-)
You run a appropriate sized center fin in the box for thruster mode. So far I’ve only seen Matt Sparks do it. Some times its fun to experiment.

Last edited:

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
Hey toobz
Is that the Two model?
I've just ordered a 7 ft on from Gary McNeill. Love to know how it goes.
Hey Fishlogan,
I think it could be minus the tail channel. When I ordered it Gary gave me a similar explanation as his insta post about the Two but this was well before he named it and made it a model. Said he’d developed it after making several for friends/team riders and got they’re feedback.
I honestly have to say it’s one of the best boards I’ve ever had and I predominantly ride shorter boards. It does the midlength thing but can be surfed aggressively if you choose. Think backhand hit, fins out on a 6’10 x 21 wide (and a twinny). Kind of blows my mind.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018
Hey Fishlogan,
I think it could be minus the tail channel. When I ordered it Gary gave me a similar explanation as his insta post about the Two but this was well before he named it and made it a model. Said he’d developed it after making several for friends/team riders and got they’re feedback.
I honestly have to say it’s one of the best boards I’ve ever had and I predominantly ride shorter boards. It does the midlength thing but can be surfed aggressively if you choose. Think backhand hit, fins out on a 6’10 x 21 wide (and a twinny). Kind of blows my mind.
Sweet. I’ve got a MOTE 7’7 which I love but wanted that smaller mid length for ease of travelling and still carves.
ive ordered the pu 7ft. Gary is usually pretty consistent with the 4-6 week construction time so hopefully it’ll be ready just in time for when we’re out of lockdown. (I’m in Victoria Australia. Only week one into lockdown and surfing is banned)