Mt. Rushmore

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Will leftists not use $1s and $5s now because of racist mt Rushmore?

I guess this movie is out too

what a gloriously stupid era

What is that movie have to do with anything?

And who's banning movies? Overreacting maybe just a bit?

It's really hard for some white people to come to terms with the fact that this country was built on racism, discrimination and genocide and that they are losing ground as the dominant race.

Sooner you do it, sooner you can get on with your life.

Exhibit A

1593957931416.png

Last edited:
Reactions: huryanpost

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Mt Rushmore is probably the dumbest tourist attraction in the US. I was on a cross country trip and the hosts drove by it. The photos make it look huge, which it is . . . . . maybe if you are looking at it from a helicopter. From the ground it's so far up that it doesn't look like much. Why people drive out of their way to see it is :ROFLMAO:
In OZ i mentioned to an Aussie that I might go see Ayers Rock to which he replied...
Why visit a rock in the middle of nowhere?
I didn't.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Don't even try that sh!t.

He compared Mt. Rushmore (which is pretty small and unimpressive in person) to statues of Hitler, Stalin, and others. He thought the Presidents on Mt. Rushmore represented an ugly past just like those other statues did in shithole countries. Those statues have been destroyed, and he thinks that Mt. Rushmore should be as well, part of "confronting the ugly past"

And then he slammed that sh!t in reverse and tried to say it was an allegory instead of the direct comparison it was

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

He compared Mt. Rushmore (which is pretty small and unimpressive in person) to statues of Hitler, Stalin, and others. He thought the Presidents on Mt. Rushmore represented an ugly past just like those other statues did in shithole countries. Those statues have been destroyed, and he thinks that Mt. Rushmore should be as well, part of "confronting the ugly past"

And then he slammed that sh!t in reverse and tried to say it was an allegory instead of the direct comparison it was
Learn what an analogy is ffs, you're a grown man. Also, learn wtf the "allegory" is, before you use it as a synonym for analogy. I've never mentioned word 'allegory' anywhere.

Saying that Americans have to confront their ugly past, like other nations did, does not mean Hitler=G-Wash

Should have stayed in school dummy.

analogy
noun
anal·o·gy | \ ə-ˈna-lə-jē \
plural analogies
Definition of analogy

1a: a comparison of two otherwise unlike things based on resemblance of a particular aspect
b: resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : SIMILARITY

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Learn what an analogy is ffs, you're a grown man. Also, learn wtf the "allegory" is.

Saying that Americans have to confront their ugly past, like other nations did, does not mean Hitler=G-Wash

analogy
noun
plural analogies
Definition of analogy

1a: a comparison of two otherwise unlike things based on resemblance of a particular aspect
1594047353010.png

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
I visited there a few years ago, also the Crazy Horse memorial. I though both were impressive but the thing that struck me the most was the beauty of the Black Hills surrounding the area.

I get that people tend to lay more importance on large, obvious landmarks that can be seen from miles around. But if people are going to complain about scarring the face of a mountain, what about that long road that was cut leading all the way up to it? Or the gift shop? Yeah, one wouldn’t exist without the other. But the selective outrage seems silly.

We can and should honor the people who helped build this nation. We can and should do a better job educating people the true cost in lives and cruelty inflicted while establishing this nation. That is the only way to learn from our past on our constant quest for a more perfect union. For all people.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Mt Rushmore is probably the dumbest tourist attraction in the US. I was on a cross country trip and the hosts drove by it. The photos make it look huge, which it is . . . . . maybe if you are looking at it from a helicopter. From the ground it's so far up that it doesn't look like much. Why people drive out of their way to see it is :ROFLMAO:
That's true for every tourist attraction.

Like queuing for hours to see Mona Lisa, with 500 other people, all with phones in the air, taking a photo of a painting that was reproduced and seen more than any other, and never looking at it again.

Unless I can find an interesting angle on a famous landmark, I just don't go.
When I do, it's mainly to people watch. You can get away with photographing people up close at tourist landmarks because everybody's cameras are out.

http://instagr.am/p/BZocHIKlTvU/
http://instagr.am/p/BswJm6cFQSb/

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Learn what an analogy is ffs, you're a grown man. Also, learn wtf the "allegory" is, before you use it as a synonym for analogy. I've never mentioned word 'allegory' anywhere.

analogy
noun
plural analogies
Definition of analogy

By your definition analogy: "a comparison"-thanks for proving me correct

Your little tantrum here also just destroyed your favorite "Y U SO BAD CUMPARISON" whining.

You made the comparison, own it.

LMAO "stayed in school"

Do you think I'm a dropout?

Reactions: redrider

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I visited there a few years ago, also the Crazy Horse memorial. I though both were impressive but the thing that struck me the most was the beauty of the Black Hills surrounding the area.

I get that people tend to lay more importance on large, obvious landmarks that can be seen from miles around. But if people are going to complain about scarring the face of a mountain, what about that long road that was cut leading all the way up to it? Or the gift shop? Yeah, one wouldn’t exist without the other. But the selective outrage seems silly.

We can and should honor the people who helped build this nation. We can and should do a better job educating people the true cost in lives and cruelty inflicted while establishing this nation. That is the only way to learn from our past on our constant quest for a more perfect union. For all people.
I agree

However constantly trying to correct mistakes and erasing history will never allow us to move forward

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

you're fecalizing, as you yourself might say

I can see how/why, since it was Billy's red herring argument that set this all off; he is the one
that made the Mount Rushmore comparison

Vespaghetti was making an argument based on the specifics of the confederate monuments

in response to Americans that want to keep/celebrate these statues, he says:

Baja Jake said:
Did italians carve Musolini's face in the cliffs of Sorrento?

Sadam?

Stalin?

Those people came to terms with their ugly past.

You, not so much.

Billy tried to slurpy soap it up with his leap from confederate monuments
to Mount Rushmore.

stay focused. don't lose the plot.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
you're fecalizing, as you yourself might say

I can see how/why, since it was Billy's red herring argument that set this all off; he is the one
that made the Mount Rushmore comparison

Vespaghetti was making an argument based on the specifics of the confederate monuments

in response to Americans that want to keep/celebrate these statues, he says:

Billy tried to slurpy soap it up with his leap from confederate monuments
to Mount Rushmore.

stay focused. don't lose the plot.
Bullshit.

The conversation is about Mt. Rushmore. Look at the thread title.

Fecal is talking about "carve Musolini's face in the cliffs of Sorrento"

Unless we took a detour to Stone Mountain somehow this is not about Confederate statues, this was about Mt. Rushmore

Anyone who knows the history of the confederate statues knows they need to go, but we've seen the iconoclasm go far past that just in a couple weeks