Kids sleepover during covid

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Covid numbers are going to go apeshit in a couple weeks. fook it, I’m stocked on my ridiculous unemployment money. Keep it coming.
No they aren’t.

ABC just reported that cities/states that opened early (a month ago) are seeing no uptick in fatalities, hospitalizations or new infections as a percentage of tests.

Open everything now.

There will be no spike.

Reactions: Ifallalot and kpd73

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
One protest is about loss of life and institutionalized discrimination and racism.

The other is about TEMPORARY restrictions imposed in the middle of the fucking pandemic.

You tell me which one is trivial and which one is not.
Possible "temporary" restrictions that are more damaging to more people than even racism and discrimination is. Do you think money grows on trees?

Loss of a life's work is as damaging as loss of life

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
What about kids sleeping over during riots and looting? Caca said they're coming for your neighborhood.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Holy crap.
I guess you think money grows on trees too

Hundreds of thousands of people have had their livelihoods destroyed, businesses they've built from the ground up destroyed, by restrictions that we can not count on ever going away. Even if they do go away the damage is done.

That isn't some hurt feelings.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
racism is alot more than "people not liking you" as evidenced most recently by Goerge Floyd.
The shutdown effected many people the same way that institutionalized racism does. It destroyed businesses, it destroyed livelihoods, it allowed the institutions to pick winners and losers, it made people dependent on the state

And if effected more people (which is the modifier used in my original post) than racism in general does. It affected everyone

Remember, the Left taught us that whites can't be affected by racism

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
racism is alot more than "people not liking you" as evidenced most recently by Goerge Floyd.
That motivation was racism?

I thought these two had history with one another from previous employment?

Serious question, I honestly have no idea, TBH this story has been lost due to the country being set ablaze.

Reactions: Ifallalot

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
That motivation was racism?

I thought these two had history with one another from previous employment?

Serious question, I honestly have no idea, TBH this story has been lost due to the country being set ablaze.
its the different way POC are treated in general when confronted with the law. Police approach POC in a much different way than white people and thats because of a mis guided fear. Not every black person is violent and needs to approached with caution yet these police keep approaching them the same way.

Take that picture from the lockdown protests of a few weeks ago of the angry white dude screaming in the face of a police officer. A POC would have never even gotten close to the cop before the police used some force to de-escalate the situation.Cops pulling their guns on POC during routine traffic stops, etc, etc.

I dont think we know the facts yet in this specific case. mightve been a bad histrory tween the two like you said but a white person wouldnt have been treated that way over a counterfeit bill.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
if some litigious parent wants to sue me b/c their kid gets coronavirus, good luck proving they got it from us.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
You can really tell the people who've never done much for themselves
I understand that on'e business being lost is devastating. But your business can fail over and over. Many businesses do. There are literally several ways to protect ones personal life and status from their business failures.

You can only die once