Kids sleepover during covid

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Let him do it.

Tell your lady to chill the fuck out.

We’ve had multiple kids over to our house for food, wrestling practice, sleep overs, etc.

I’ve been running jiu jitsu sessions here.

All since late March.

I‘ve been working this whole time, all over the state of California touching equipment that is touched buy hundreds of people on a daily basis (even during the shut down). I haven’t been sick, nobody I know has been sick, none of my kids friends have been sick, my father-in-law who’s 72 comes over for dinner.

Let the kid go for fuck sake.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
lol, completely opposite for me. Several clients shut down due to covid cases and one had an outbreak and they've been shut down for six weeks.

Nurse friend of my wife just told us the reports of symptoms and number of cases identified doubled in the last couple of days.

For me at least, I'm not letting my kids around others just yet.

Good news is my co-workers friend who was on his deathbead recovered from covis. 25 years old, not preexisting conditions.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Duffy, I miss your old avatar. Your posts have lost their sass with this one.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Let him do it.

Tell your lady to chill the fook out.

We’ve had multiple kids over to our house for food, wrestling practice, sleep overs, etc.

All since late March.

I‘ve been working this whole time, all over the state of California touching equipment that is touched buy hundreds of people on a daily basis (even during the shut down). I haven’t been sick, nobody I know has been sick, none of my kids friends have been sick, my father-in-law who’s 72 comes over for dinner.

Let the kid go for fook sake.

My kids going to the sleepover, seems harmless. Just wondered how others would have handled it. My bud had to go to AZ for some work this week. No masks to be seen, restaurants fully open no distancing, nothing. That seems crazy, but less so than a sleepover with a couple friends.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My kids going to the sleepover, seems harmless. Just wondered how others would have handled it. My bud had to go to AZ for some work this week. No masks to be seen, restaurants fully open no distancing, nothing. That seems crazy, but less so than a sleepover with a couple friends.
Crazy? You mean people living their lives as they did in 2019 is crazy?

No, what’s crazy is keeping everything shut down for what we now know isn’t nearly a bad as we originally thought.

What’s crazy is a government who issues “guidelines” of fear, avoidance, hiding, control and says absolutely nothing about how to strengthen your immune system (go outside, clean up your diet, get sleep, lose weight).

Crazy is having to ask on an Internet forum at this time with all we know now whether or not your kid can go hang with friends.

Reactions: Belchfire1

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The kids aren't social distancing.

I hope Duffy is right and when every one ignores the mandate to social distance the covid just goes away or is at least manageable.

I agree that those in charge should be talking about building robustness.

Reactions: Belchfire1

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Crazy? You mean people living their lives as they did in 2019 is crazy?

No, what’s crazy is keeping everything shut down for what we now know isn’t nearly a bad as we originally thought.

What’s crazy is a government who issues “guidelines” of fear, avoidance, hiding, control and says absolutely nothing about how to strengthen your immune system (go outside, clean up your diet, get sleep, lose weight).

Crazy is having to ask on an Internet forum at this time with all we know now whether or not your kid can go hang with friends.
Yeah, fruugin nuts that I have to ask some randos about a sleepover. No solution is a big problem, too.
Like, when can we get on with life?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Do you have any old sick people in the house?

Any one with lung issues?

I was at oceanside at the beach and no one was following the rules.

The problem with bad leadership is you diminish your power to lead with every bad decision you make.

Leaders during good times need to be experts at courtly intrigue.

That doesn't work when the sh!t gets real

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Yay or Nay? my 13yo has been invited to a sleepover. I'm cool with it, my wife not so cool about it. Am I crazy?
Well, you'd want to make sure it wasn't a house like this:

All since late March.

I‘ve been working this whole time, all over the state of California touching equipment that is touched buy hundreds of people on a daily basis (even during the shut down). I haven’t been sick, nobody I know has been sick,

:LOL:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Do you have any old sick people in the house?

Any one with lung issues?

I was at oceanside at the beach and no one was following the rules.

The problem with bad leadership is you diminish your power to lead with every bad decision you make.

Leaders during good times need to be experts at courtly intrigue.

That doesn't work when the sh!t gets real
Nobody is saying old sick people should be exposed.

I see old people out and about with no care on the world, seemingly oblivious to the fact that over 40 million people were put out of work under the guise of protecting them.

If you’re vulnerable stay home.

Reactions: bobwarren

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Let him do it.

Tell your lady to chill the fook out.

All since late March.

Let the kid go for fook sake.
Just reported you to CPS.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
lol, completely opposite for me. Several clients shut down due to covid cases and one had an outbreak and they've been shut down for six weeks.

Nurse friend of my wife just told us the reports of symptoms and number of cases identified doubled in the last couple of days.

For me at least, I'm not letting my kids around others just yet.

Good news is my co-workers friend who was on his deathbead recovered from covis. 25 years old, not preexisting conditions.
Viruses exist. People die. All of us die.

We now know that the fatality rate is around 0.26%. We know that there have been zero deaths of anyone under 18.

We are learning that it is extremely difficult for kids to transmit the virus to others.

With what we know now there is no justification whatsoever to continue ANY further restrictions.

BTW the world health organization just TODAY issued a statement saying wearing masks is NOT recommended for people with symptoms and that it INCREASES RISK of infection.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
RE: the nurse who lied to silentbutdeadly about the case rate doubling

Be very careful what nurses are telling you about this.

Many of them don't have a fckin clue what they're talking about.

I had someone at work repeatedly trying to shut me down the other day when I presented the facts that our percentage positive is declining.

"Don't listen to him."

The data is updated daily on the county website:

Reactions: Lizard50 and afoaf