Kids sleepover during covid

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
When they are in tight clumps like that, bet you could swing a baby and take a few out at once.

So if you do that, when you get home stitch into your belt the phrase "Seven with one Blow".

All the giants will then fear you (more than they currently do).

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
You should be asking her that question.

I'm tired of hearing coworkers and RNs in general spreading bullshit.

It's an embarassing time to be a RN.
This whole thing has been so interesting. Here in FL, MDs and RNs were the first to call BS and continue to do so. I hate to speak too soon, but it seems like Covid is "gone" here. Things are 90% back to normal. It seems like in some other states, it's the opposite, with RNs and MDs more afraid than the general public, even in areas that were never hit hard.

Aug 21, 2009
earth
your chart proves my point looking at 5/26-5/27

the nurse is a friend and would have no reason to lie about this.

Where do you guys come up with this crap?
Really? 5/26 = 101 new cases. 5/27 = 117 new cases. Thats doubling? Learn some basic math.
Where do YOU come up with this crap?
Keep going, spread the fear!!!!! The sky is falling!! we are all going to die!!! (well yes, actually we are.....)

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I see, but again I provided a specific example at a hospital and you're generalizing.

Either way, in working all over so cal including border towns I see things much differently and so do business owners.
I work all over the state. I service businesses that serve the public, “essential” businesses that were never shut down.

I see things much differently than you and every single one of my clients are over this sh!t.

Think about this for a second, my clients’ employees interact with hundreds if not thousands of people daily, people that are transient, on the move. None, that’s zero, of them have gotten sick. None.

We’re talking about a total of about 2,500 workers all over california ”exposed” daily to a “deadly“ virus and not a single one of them got sick.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'm in the exact situation as you and I've seen it differently. I find it odd that "none" of them (conveniently) haven't got sick. We have clients with known cases from the border in SD and Imperial County through OC, LA, and the Inland Empire and an outbreak that has shut down a place for two months. All essential business. I don't entirely disagree with you and everyone is definitely "over" this but very few have the f off attitude you do.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'm in the exact situation as you and I've seen it differently. I find it odd that "none" of them (conveniently) haven't got sick. We have clients with known cases from the border in SD and Imperial County through OC, LA, and the Inland Empire and an outbreak that has shut down a place for two months. All essential business. I don't entirely disagree with you and everyone is definitely "over" this but very few have the f off attitude you do.
I’m not afraid of death. Maybe that‘s it.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Although we have been just working remotely/hanging low, we've been letting the kid pay with her good neighboor friend now. At the beginning, we did a little of the 'just ride bikes around' or the 'oh, stay 6 ft apart' which didn't last long. If you have a pretty good idea of the circle of friends to do it with. Chances/odds are so small, I take bigger risks. Gotta live life a bit.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
My kids going to the sleepover, seems harmless. Just wondered how others would have handled it. My bud had to go to AZ for some work this week. No masks to be seen, restaurants fully open no distancing, nothing. That seems crazy, but less so than a sleepover with a couple friends.
I was in Arizona a week or two ago; it's amazing how much better they are psychologically without the constant DISTANCE admonishing

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Fear of death is a survival feature.

You want to be a little afraid.

Just not excessively afraid.

You want to be safe but not so safe that you eliminate the chance for opportunity.
I’m only here because my wife and son would miss me.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Really? 5/26 = 101 new cases. 5/27 = 117 new cases. Thats doubling? Learn some basic math.
Where do YOU come up with this crap?
Keep going, spread the fear!!!!! The sky is falling!! we are all going to die!!! (well yes, actually we are.....)
101 + 101 = 117.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I’m only here because my wife and son would miss me.
When my parents died in a two week period and I was toying with he idea of suicide, my sisters said I wouldn't do it because of the trauma it would create for them.

I was like, Oh, that really wasn't part of the suicide equation.

What happened was I asked myself the "to be or not to be" question my nervous system said, "NO! I have too much life force left."

My nervous system never talked to me before that.

I guess it never had a good reason too.

Since then it only talked to me one other time.

I was going in for back surgery and the drs kept saying, Just so you know, you could die on the table.

As I was going to get the operation, I felt a n incredible surge of life force energy in my gut the likes of which I have never felt.

It was my nervous system showing me the hidden resources it had to keep me alive.

I knew I wouldn't die on the table.

On a side note, that awareness of those hidden resources makes me think the Covid won't kill me either.

I could be wrong but it's comforting to think so.

On a side note: WS wrote the "to be or not to be" line after his kid died.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
When my parents died in a two week period and I was toying with he idea of suicide, my sisters said I wouldn't do it because of the trauma it would create for them.

I was like, Oh, that really wasn't part of the suicide equation.

What happened was I asked myself the "to be or not to be" question my nervous system said, "NO! I have too much life force left."

My nervous system never talked to me before that.

I guess it never had a good reason too.

Since then it only talked to me one other time.

I was going in for back surgery and the drs kept saying, Just so you know, you could die on the table.

As I was going to get the operation, I felt a n incredible surge of life force energy in my gut the likes of which I have never felt.

It was my nervous system showing me the hidden resources it had to keep me alive.

I knew I wouldn't die on the table.

On a side note, that awareness of those hidden resources makes me think the Covid won't kill me either.

I could be wrong but it's comforting to think so.

On a side note: WS wrote the "to be or not to be" line after his kid died.
It might sound paradoxical but even though I would mind dying I have an incredible will to live (and a high tolerance for misery).