Kids sleepover during covid

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A lot of dumb RNs out there.

BTW, we don't keep track of "people with symptoms"

I watch the ED board all day when I'm charge nurse.

The vast majority of "people with symptoms" test negative. As per the chart.

And there are plenty of "people with symptoms" who don't bother testing.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I see, but again I provided a specific example at a hospital and you're generalizing.

Either way, in working all over so cal including border towns I see things much differently and so do business owners.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I see, but again I provided a specific example at a hospital and you're generalizing.

Either way, in working all over so cal including border towns I see things much differently and so do business owners.
Here's what you posted:

Nurse friend of my wife just told us the reports of symptoms and number of cases identified doubled in the last couple of days.

You were generalizing - didn't say anything about a specific hospital.

That gives the general impression cases are doubling - they're not - they're declining in San Diego.

Even in Imperial County they have plateaued:

What hospital was she referring to?

I've been watching census numbers too - I've seen nothing of the sort.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
That's your personal call as a parent. Only you can make that decision.

Make that decision though from your heart and what you think is best for family and not because of what you think others may think about you because of what you decide.

And BTW - if you go against your wife and really **** her off, your life will be hell but this you probably already know.

Reactions: Belchfire1

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
And BTW - if you go against your wife and really **** her off, your life will be hell but this you probably already know.

My wifes sister and 5 teenagers came here during spring break - Covid Expression Session Florida Style

They had a great time and this was a pre planned trip before Covid

Only hitch was My surgery was canceled a few days earlier due to my super low white cell count = could have been deadly

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Let him do it.

Tell your lady to chill the fook out.

We’ve had multiple kids over to our house for food, wrestling practice, sleep overs, etc.

Let the kid go for fook sake.
Dont have kids myself, but my best friend has been coordinating sleep over with his son and other kids. Just regulate and make sure they are doing everything they can to keep things and hands clean.

Too many people are making fear a virtue in this whole ordeal.

Reactions: Belchfire1

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Dont have kids myself, but my best friend has been coordinating sleep over with his son and other kids. Just regulate and make sure they are doing everything they can to keep things and hands clean.

Everywhere I go I see kids outside roaming in groups anyway.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Not only that, they are clinging to this new found source of virtue so everything they must be in further support of fear.

Rational people who look at the data, who are not living in fear are seen as bad people.

This has gone way beyond stupid.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Yay or Nay? my 13yo has been invited to a sleepover. I'm cool with it, my wife not so cool about it. Am I crazy?
I've had this come up at my house as well, with my 11 y/o.... the answer was no, at the moment. We've gradually loosened up over the last month, to allowing play with the neighborhood kids, outside only.... But don't really want him in prolonged close contact with anyone yet. It will come, we're starting to schedule summer camp stuff, and as long as there are no drastic outbreaks around here, things will trend in that direction. If somebody in my neighborhood does get sick, then all bets are off for a while.