Waikiki During Quarantine

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
B, you're turning into my father-in-law with all those wood-working skills and pieces.

He made some bad ass pens with all the exotic woods he collected, along with his 3 car size garage converted into a full on assembly line work-shop (Oregon). He had accumulated pretty much every fine finish wood-working tool you could imagine. Those are all high end craft shop quality pieces. I think the wood shop life is your real calling.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
For all you Lion fans, they have a coffee / merch shop at their factory here on Oahu. The coffee they serve you is as fresh as you can get and tastes noticeably better than store bought. Sometimes you see them wheel beans out right from the factory to their grinder.

Last edited:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
For all you Lion fans, they have a coffee / merch shop at their factory here on Oahu. The coffee they serve you is as fresh as you can get and tastes noticeably better than store bought. Sometimes you see them wheel beans out right from the factory to their grinder.

wow
looking from the outside
you would've never imagined it being so nice.

The Jams/Surfline outlet used to be around there
They are by the prison now.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m trying not to cop a state wide resentment of Hawaii even with all the kauaiian coffee in the pot and slack key on heavy rotation. It’s tough, but good mental training in acceptance I guess

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I’m trying not to cop a state wide resentment of Hawaii even with all the kauaiian coffee in the pot and slack key on heavy rotation. It’s tough, but good mental training in acceptance I guess
you need some kauai maile, and some pikake and puakenikeni to sweeten up your place and a pound of poke from Pono's market.
Put on some Sonny Chilllingsworth and Dennis Kamakahi (Kokee) and you'll be golden...

When Covid first hit and shut down local businesses we got garbage bags of maile from Lynn's flower shop.
We sold what we could for the owner and bought the rest. We covered every workstation on the floor, lined every cubicle wall with maile as protection from the bad mana of covid and to cover the floor in the sweet protective smell of maile.
I guess some would consider it a stupid and expensive hawaiian superstition..

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
wow
looking from the outside
you would've never imagined it being so nice.

The Jams/Surfline outlet used to be around there
They are by the prison now.
You should grab coffee for your crew from there. I swear it's like steroid crack caffeine. Stronger than regular Lions.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I drink Folgers out of my $20 drip coffee maker from Walmart. Set the timer to have a nice hot cup waiting for me when I wake up in the morning.

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I love craft coffee

Going to have to check these two places out.

There’s a little coffee stand inside the Shirokiya village walk that is really good

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I looked up the Kauai Coffee and it is expensive. I want one of those tshirts so I may have to break down and place an order. FWIW, Olukai will be shipping me some fwipfwops soon too.
oneula, is there a thread or could you tell me a little about your boards? I am a woodworker with a small but very well equipped garage shop and I spray finishes outside occasionally. I will be doing a new tent booth later this year. Just curious about your home depot blanks and general set up, mission clientele etc.??