Waikiki During Quarantine

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Starting October 15th, visitors to Oahu can avoid 14 day quarantine by testing negative 72 hours before arrival.
Tests will be administered through CVS or Kaiser, paid for by traveler.

Reactions: JBerry

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
There's no process,no protocols
no one understands the economic disruption when someone tests positive in the workplace.
You have to shut down clean everything and anything exposed, then test and quarantine all exposed once you identify them.
That's been costing and will cost employers buku bucks and bad press.
so what's the plan?

Looks like Kauai's going to implement the Taiwan electronic bracelet solution it worked for them.

Opening up is the easy part
dealing with the impact of Covid is the hard part

when the pacific islanders and filipino populations started showing abnormal infection rates they should've known where those populations where going to take those infections with them...to work,

Again opening up is the easy part, dealing with the upcoming ongoing business shutdowns, deep cleaning and employee quarantines are not going helps any size business. And if you ignore and hide it as a business from the public, expect litigation by those impacted.
Everyone wants to just go back to "before covid" and all we'll get is surges followed by more lockdowns.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
i had September tickets for tomorrow for a week...flight got cancelled so i got my money back...

but the rental car with hertz was just a reservation...they sent me an email the other day requesting documentation about where i am staying andif it was a residence i would have to register with some dept...if it was a hotel i might NOT get a room key...and the car GPs data will be available to whatever dept tracks that stuff...

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Here's an example of one way you can deal with covid and still move forward, It requires change in how you live day to day

Here's what's really happening that will make sure we'll continue to have to lockdown before we reach "herd immunity" and lots of unwarranted deaths caused by others like this bozo and profit based companies left to their own decisions

• Dislike
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Here's an example of one way you can deal with covid and still move forward, It requires change in how you live day to day

Here's what's really happening that will make sure we'll continue to have to lockdown before we reach "herd immunity" and lots of unwarranted deaths caused by others like this bozo and profit based companies left to their own decisions
Total nonsense.

The states run by control freaks are headed either to the Swedish model or ruin. There was no correlation between lockdown and infection fatality ratio according to the Lancet study published a couple of months ago. NY, NJ, and PA actually made the problem worse by shipping infected patients to nursing homes. Additionally, there are high health costs to these extreme measures themselves that are being completely ignored by public "health" officials in many of these states. See the mental health thread.

Hawaii seems to be run by control freaks descended from East Asian refugees of conscription in the Imperial Japanese Army, Mao and his Great Leap Forward (engineered famine), and the Korean military dictatorship or else just white haoles from the mainland. It's sad watching them LARP as "native" Hawaiians while they economically ethnically-cleanse the Polynesians descended from those who arrived in canoes and boss-around other Pacific Islanders. Their COVID measures are just the latest squeeze - same thing that's happening in California to the poor and middle class. Notice in your videos that it's the poor line workers who are being subjected to these working conditions, even if their risk of death is near zero due to being under the age of 70.

Stop listening to frightened Atlantic white dudes propagating a message of fear.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
my friend on Kauai is obeying the 14 day quarantine and has been checked on TWICE in 1 week...once by the kauai National Guards in a humvee and once by KPD...kauai is taking it seriously

Reactions: afoaf

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
kauai's done and is doing its part to deal with this
the mayor is no nonsense but also practical
Seems like the mayor of kauai is the only one here really doing things that are effective, whether people like it or not.
I wish them the best of luck

Everyone fighting with each other in a sinking ship or a canoe stuck in the doldrums is why hawaii is hawaii.
That's why Mau walked away disgusted after the first leg landed in Tahiti after witnessing a similar mutiny on the Hokulea
It took Eddie's death and Nainoa begging to have him come back to teach the hawaiians again how to sail across the pacific.
We almost lost all that because of selfishness, just like now

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
kauai's done and is doing its part to deal with this
the mayor is no nonsense but also practical
Seems like the mayor of kauai is the only one here really doing things that are effective, whether people like it or not.
I wish them the best of luck

Everyone fighting with each other in a sinking ship or a canoe stuck in the doldrums is why hawaii is hawaii.
That's why Mau walked away disgusted after the first leg landed in Tahiti after witnessing a similar mutiny on the Hokulea
It took Eddie's death and Nainoa begging to have him come back to teach the hawaiians again how to sail across the pacific.
We almost lost all that because of selfishness, just like now
are there any good books on mr. piailug or the hokulea project?

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
are there any good books on mr. piailug or the hokulea project?

i remember when that all happened...butnonly got bits and pieces...they went all ho'oponopono...was supposed.to make everything alright again...water under the bridge...but it wasn't ...

are there any good books thatntell the story?

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
go watch the original national geographic tv show its all laid out in there on screen as it happened
you'll be surprised on who led the mutiny
they were all surfers with no real open ocean sailing experience
couldn't handle being caught motionless in the doldrums
kind of just like now with people stuck at home

problem is we have no real navigators like papa mau to guide us through this crisis
without leadership on a canoe you are doomed to die of starvation/dehydration
at least the kid mayor on kauai stepped up \
but kauai always has been the strong independant island of the chain
never conquered by k-one

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I say open it up. Take precautions and let the chips fall as they may. Sitting around and hoping it goes away while almost everyone is out of work and on the verge of losing their homes is ridiculous. If you're at risk then take precautions and use common sense. Let's get the economy opened up. Ige and Caldwell should be charged criminally for their negligence.