NJ Gym Owners Plan to ‘Make a Stand,’ Defy Gov. Murphy and Reopen

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I'm not asking about publicity. I'm asking if the owner of the gym should be free to allow consenting adults to use their free will and enter his gym and use the equipment and space that they've paid to use.
they don’t know

They will answer with some homage to science but this is just a way of dodging the question

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The left just wants to play politics and they don't care who's lives get fukked in the process. Hal and Mundus will no doubt dodge or resort to insults.

By the way Hal and Mundus sure have embraced authoritarianism haven't they.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
The left just wants to play politics and they don't care who's lives get fukked in the process. Hal and Mundus will no doubt dodge or resort to insults.

By the way Hal and Mundus sure have embraced authoritarianism haven't they.
they’re well intentioned

they just downplay the details that contradict what they believe to be the morally right outcome

the truth is there is no clean way out of this

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I'm not asking about publicity. I'm asking if the owner of the gym should be free to allow consenting adults to use their free will and enter his gym and use the equipment and space that they've paid to use.
A gym is one of the easiest places for people to catch the Virus and it is very contagious.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Still don't get it, huh, very sad.
I get it just fine.

If you're scared, stay inside. Otherwise you might get it.

Stop letting your fear and unwillingness to take risks dictate everyone else's lives

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I get it just fine.

If you're scared, stay inside. Otherwise you might get it.

Stop letting your fear and unwillingness to take risks dictate everyone else's lives
I am personally not scared, I do however care about other people and society at large. I know it does not sound edgey on the internets, oh well.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I am personally not scared, I do however care about other people and society at large. I know it does not sound edgey on the internets, oh well.
At some point all of this sh!t is going to open up and the virus is still going to be there

the only question is do we condemn a lot of businesses to fail before we bite the bullet

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I think the instances of individual cops and management-level police chiefs and sheriffs unilaterally deciding they aren't going to enforce these laws and regs and directives from their civilian political leaders presents a huge moral hazard. They work for the Executive Branch in furtherance of the laws/regs that exist. They do not work for themselves nor do they comprise a 4th branch of government.

The courts and the elections are where the questions of what is/isn't constitutional or acceptable gets played out; not on the street. Just because it's not possible to completely eliminate personal bias from these decisions doesn't invalidate the imperative to assert and make the good faith effort towards that ideal of justice being blind.

Not for gun control laws, not for drug laws, and not for shelter-in-place orders. Among others.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
At some point all of this sh!t is going to open up and the virus is still going to be there

the only question is do we condemn a lot of businesses to fail before we bite the bullet
Yes, and NJ is opening back up. Being the 2nd hardest hit state the lockdown was reasonable IMO.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I think the instances of individual cops and management-level police chiefs and sheriffs unilaterally deciding they aren't going to enforce these laws and regs and directives from their civilian political leaders presents a huge moral hazard. They work for the Executive Branch in furtherance of the laws/regs that exist. They do not work for themselves nor do they comprise a 4th branch of government.

The courts and the elections are where the questions of what is/isn't constitutional or acceptable gets played out; not on the street. Just because it's not possible to completely eliminate personal bias from these decisions doesn't invalidate the imperative to assert and make the good faith effort towards that ideal of justice being blind.

Yup. Just wait until an "activist cop" selectively enforces (or doesn't) a law under a Republican governor.

The knife cuts on both sides.

Wouldn't surprise me if Murphy's AG looks into this policeman's conduct.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Like I have said many times, I am not sure the correct answer.
The correct answer is freedom. Freedom for the business owner to run his business normally and to take whatever precautions he wants. Freedom for the customer to go elsewhere if they do not feel safe. The market decides the rest. Our state government has fukked this up enough.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
I cant wait until this is all over and we can get back to complete idiots only being in the news for doing exceptionally stupid sh!t

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The correct answer is freedom. Freedom for the business owner to run his business normally and to take whatever precautions he wants. Freedom for the customer to go elsewhere if they do not feel safe. The market decides the rest. Our state government has fukked this up enough.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

spoken like a true Trumby rube.