YOLO ALERTS

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Will be interested to hear how you like it.
Rode it at Rincon yesterday morning. Waves were so so.

F8 BlackDicks.

Surprisingly the board reminded me of my OG Pod. Might be because that was the last thruster I surfed. Same fin set too.

The really flat rocker concerned me a little but wasn’t an issue and helped in the flats.

The bottom has vee all the way with some double concave/vee through the fins, back to vee off the tail. Not sure if they’re all like that.

Ultimately got frustrated by the crowd and inconsistent sets.

Need more time on it.

So far it’s a keeper.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Went to the Tokoro shop a few weekends ago for their moving sale. I should’ve posted their announcement on here prior but I didn’t. I haven’t seen the crew in a bit. Mostly just been getting boars thru HIC and Wade has been still dealing with his injury. Brought them some poke and to poke around for any nuggets in the horde of boars.

I asked Kerry if there are any twin fins I could paddle and he pointed to one.

View attachment 176901

View attachment 176902

5’10 x 20 x 2 9/16. $300. It has a beak nose and is in good condition. Put a pad on it but the waves and wind have been meh on the days I had an opening to surge so haven’t got sample it yet.
Diggin that monogrammed wax job!

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr and teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
IMG_2427.jpeg

Here’s the reason I was willing to YOLO a used boar.

Couple weeks ago there was a pretty fun south swell. 4th surf on the new Kerry Tokoro/HIC twin. Boar was going spicy.

Pulled into a barrel and I’ve noticed with twins you gotta make sure to aim the nose down or the boar will want to lift up the face as the wave dredges. Slightly different angle than a thruster.

I got sucked up the face and went over. Head high wave so I wasn’t stressing. But either I landed on the fin or the boar got pitched and hit my shoulder. Checked for pressures, didn’t see any so I thought it was the rail that got me. Next wave was a slightly overhead set. Took off bottom turned and slid out. Popped the boar over and the box was flapping. Wiggled the box out so I wouldn’t lose the fin and went in and grabbed my midget mid to finish the sesh.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Went to the Tokoro shop a few weekends ago for their moving sale. I should’ve posted their announcement on here prior but I didn’t. I haven’t seen the crew in a bit. Mostly just been getting boars thru HIC and Wade has been still dealing with his injury. Brought them some poke and to poke around for any nuggets in the horde of boars.

I asked Kerry if there are any twin fins I could paddle and he pointed to one.

View attachment 176901

View attachment 176902

5’10 x 20 x 2 9/16. $300. It has a beak nose and is in good condition. Put a pad on it but the waves and wind have been meh on the days I had an opening to surge so haven’t got sample it yet.
Bro. ReFo already told us a RP twin no work!

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest and teeroi