YOLO ALERTS

May 20, 2020
I’ve been riding CC fish for many yrs. when ever I put it away for awhile and come back, always surprises me on how well they turn. I go thin as well. It took many iterations for me to figure that out. Current one is 2 7/16.
Just curious - 2 7/16 is pretty thin..how wide is it and how much do you weigh?

Mar 7, 2018
Funnily enough, you and my brother-in-law are the only people I've ever heard that doesn't like / didn't gel with the Ghost. Funnily enough though, he fucking loves his DHD Sweet Spot, and surfed it instead of the Pyzel in a recent Indo trip.

View attachment 166394
surfed the ss4 today. it was junky 4ft ne swell on the nsw cc. simply the bort was a joy to ride linking up wobbly sections and my attempts at carves. so far one from one. and yes, i have pretty much clicked with it right away. there is no weirdness/experimentation in the shape which works for this chump. looking forward to some 5-6ft waves. hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: waxfoot and Aruka

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
YOLO'd this beast of a board on craigslist for days when I go down to the beach and it's so bad I normally would drive home bummed. It has not disappointed. A true chode of a board that is a blast to surf and can easily compete with the longboards.
57 liters of pure fun.
Same colour as mine. @JaM71 is jealous...he has my old yellow one but would prefer the sage. Junkbuster extroidanaire.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
IMG_4981.jpegIMG_4980.jpeg

Got it about 2 weeks ago. Felt a bit thick at first but I’ve grown to love it.Big improvement on my thin one as far as paddling. I’m really enjoying it, even in bigger waves. Surfed it at Lanis Wednesday before Thanksgiving and it worked great, waves were well overhead. I actually saw Nathan out and was gonna say thanks for designing it but he caught a wave and then a set came through and I didnt See him again.

First wave on the Mr Buzz (not Lanis, at my local):

Last edited:

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Anybody remember if the Varial sale last year happened on Cyber monday or later? Really hoping they do it this year. I’m ready to Yolo an order of Waxurdyl proportions.
I'm sure if you tell them that, they will set you up with some heavy love.

Reactions: j_mac

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
True YOLO for me in local "off the rack" and not a custom order. I rode a friends NPJ last week and was totally taken back by the tremendous drive. The fin setup never made any sense to me which proves, yet again, how little I understand about design. A little on the heavier side with gloss and polish compared to carbon builds but great glass and quality.
1701365519649.jpeg1701365488293.jpeg