YOLO ALERTS

Mar 7, 2018
It has been a wet onshore weekend down here. With time on my hands I went through the rack at home and picked out the board I could live without. Sorry in advance, but it is my stock 6’4” ghost. I have had good times with it but have never settled comfortably on a preferred fin set up. That, and it both overlaps too much with some of my shortboards and is a little undersized when it gets big around here paddle-wise. First world problem I know….
so I visited the surf shop with ghost ready to trade if something took my fancy. Deal was done on a new sweet spot 4.0. Stock 6’8” and at the very least it cuts out the tri vs quad conundrum… my expectation is that we won’t see surf above head high for the next few months….

Attachments

Dec 5, 2010
First impression: ok so this boar is fast. Like bar of soap fast. Might have to find a set of fins to slow it down which has never happened in the history of me surfing ever.

Doesn’t paddle as well as Rocketfish, because it doesn’t carry as much foam out to the rails, but can tip on rail easier.

If I were to reorder I might get it a hair thicker - the rails are so foiled. Looking forward to figuring this one out.
How’s that AJW working out tedshred 5?

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
craigslist varial yolo. 5’6 wills fish handshaped by John Simon. stoked
to pad, or not to pad… what says the erbb? i know I shouldn’t, but I’m just a pad guy tbh. Don’t think I can pull off the William allioti flavor savor tail block
Pad it, bro. If I could do it over again, I'd throw a pad on there for sure. Hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: sunny26

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
craigslist varial yolo. 5’6 wills fish handshaped by John Simon. stoked
to pad, or not to pad… what says the erbb? i know I shouldn’t, but I’m just a pad guy tbh. Don’t think I can pull off the William allioti flavor savor tail block
My old padded Wills :LOL:

1699275838669.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Goodfish and Aruka

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
How’s that AJW working out tedshred 5?
pretty good so far. i've ridden it alot. feels like a knifey fish with good range into the larger end of surf, especially at reefs/points. i think when the surf is gutless & small I'd reach for something else in the quiver. been experimenting a bit with fins, and settled to Radio Keels for more pivot and NPJ keels for more drive.

when I talked to AJW he said around SD county he pretty much rides his classic twin fish in everything from head high and below, and above that he's on a cowbeak (potato launcher gun). I'd be curious to try one of his shortboard/hybrid models next.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Yeah, I’m glad I was mistaken. I likely would not have bought it if I knew it was 2 1/2.

Board works really well. Was a little skeptical of a single concave fish but it’s actually pretty amazing how it surfs.
I’ve been riding CC fish for many yrs. when ever I put it away for awhile and come back, always surprises me on how well they turn. I go thin as well. It took many iterations for me to figure that out. Current one is 2 7/16.

Reactions: oeste858 and 302PD

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
It has been a wet onshore weekend down here. With time on my hands I went through the rack at home and picked out the board I could live without. Sorry in advance, but it is my stock 6’4” ghost. I have had good times with it but have never settled comfortably on a preferred fin set up. That, and it both overlaps too much with some of my shortboards and is a little undersized when it gets big around here paddle-wise. First world problem I know….
so I visited the surf shop with ghost ready to trade if something took my fancy. Deal was done on a new sweet spot 4.0. Stock 6’8” and at the very least it cuts out the tri vs quad conundrum… my expectation is that we won’t see surf above head high for the next few months….
Funnily enough, you and my brother-in-law are the only people I've ever heard that doesn't like / didn't gel with the Ghost. Funnily enough though, he fucking loves his DHD Sweet Spot, and surfed it instead of the Pyzel in a recent Indo trip.

289244063_10160302615865903_2932042836163549628_n.jpg