YOLO ALERTS

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Pads on round tails sometimes look weird IMO, and then pads on twins is a 50/50 proposition (although I usually will use one on a hp swallow twin). I say no for round tail twin. But would be fine with as well.

There's your non-answer.

Reactions: Yewstreet

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have pads on both my alpha omega swallow "Christian Fletcher AD" and my It2win pin tail "Barney AD". I like the leverage and tells me where my back foot is since both have fins 11" from tail. Yes its up from my leash plug but IDGAF.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
So @Goodfish, what's in your Burch quiver these days?
Once the last 2 arrive, my YOLO Burch quiver consists of the following:

5'4 Squit - epic. Probably my favourite board from him. Gobbles up waves like a longboard.
5'11 Picklefork - love it, but it likes it clean and around head high.
5'9 Cuttlefish - very good board that does what I hoped it would do (shortboardy fishy twin stuff), but the yellow resin spots annoy me a bit. I think I have OCD...
6'2 Double Pickle Twin - had it out a few times in the winter and some typhoon swell. Was fine and fast in the winter, but felt a bit wild in some big typhoon swell. I think that was mainly because it was wild big typhoon swell though.
5'10 Parallelogram - Getting finished as I type...
7'5 Midlength Single Fin Hipster Full-YOLO WITH FANCY SWIRLY STUFF AND COLOURS - Felt wrong ordering only 1 Burch to get shipped here and it's all that I could think I was missing after seeing @waxurDyl 's quiver. Now I realise I also need a long fish...on the next YOLO.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Once the last 2 arrive, my YOLO Burch quiver consists of the following:

5'4 Squit - epic. Probably my favourite board from him. Gobbles up waves like a longboard.
5'11 Picklefork - love it, but it likes it clean and around head high.
5'9 Cuttlefish - very good board that does what I hoped it would do (shortboardy fishy twin stuff), but the yellow resin spots annoy me a bit. I think I have OCD...
6'2 Double Pickle Twin - had it out a few times in the winter and some typhoon swell. Was fine and fast in the winter, but felt a bit wild in some big typhoon swell. I think that was mainly because it was wild big typhoon swell though.
5'10 Parallelogram - Getting finished as I type...
7'5 Midlength Single Fin Hipster Full-YOLO WITH FANCY SWIRLY STUFF AND COLOURS - Felt wrong ordering only 1 Burch to get shipped here and it's all that I could think I was missing after seeing @waxurDyl 's quiver. Now I realise I also need a long fish...on the next YOLO.
Keep us updated on that pickle twin. Curious to hear your thoughts as you ride it more.

Reactions: Goodfish

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I really liked my driver, sucks that I couldn't put it through a full winter here. The bulk of my surfing on it was in the mentawais, where it went insane, but I guess what board doesn't go well there? I feel like there was a lighter glassjob on it compared to my swordfish.
felt up a twin pin at the local shop today. felt nice

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I really liked my driver, sucks that I couldn't put it through a full winter here. The bulk of my surfing on it was in the mentawais, where it went insane, but I guess what board doesn't go well there? I feel like there was a lighter glassjob on it compared to my swordfish.
how do you feel about the swordfish?

Last edited:
Reactions: SurfMission

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
how do you feel about the swordfish?
I really liked it. My go to groveler for average days head high and below. It planes well and gets into junk waves easy. I think it was glassed differently from my driver 2.0, as I've beaten the sh!t out of it and it doesn't look like a golf ball. I like it best as a thruster. I rode it as a twin one time and it felt way too squirrely.

Its a stock 5'10 at 32L

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
A minor yolo. It barely counts since I talked to the shaper and it doesnt have a fancy resin tint. It feels pretty good though. Great fit n finish. Feels like a blade but is actually packing some good foam through the center. Rocker looks smooth. Single concave. 77+ model 6-6 × 19.6 x 2.6 34L 646 PU
20210826_164033.jpg