YOLO ALERTS

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Ok, this is a low-grade YOLO based on our agreed-upon standards. But I definitely think this still counts due to the high cost and extreme wait time (8 - 9 months).

This thing is in absolute beauty. It's almost too nice to be considered a surfboard. I'm like, afraid to ride it. I've actually had it for a while and just haven't posted photos.

View attachment 114769View attachment 114769View attachment 114770View attachment 114771View attachment 114772
She purdy.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I YOLO'd a MOTE 6'2 Au Go Go after watching EAST whilst on the beers. That was to back up a couple of Ryan Burch YOLOs that I ordered back in January. All to be shipped across the Pacific with fancy resin art.

Disclaimer: I discussed dims with the shapers, but not too much. :sneaky:

I almost YOLO'd the Aipa that was for sale in the classifieds, but couldn't get it in with my friend's shipment. I then considered ordering a GMM2 on the side, but the YOLO left me...

Should get the Burch boards next month and the MOTE...next spring! :ROFLMAO:

Am I YOLO or just a wannabe? I feel I needed to go through with the GMM2 to be full YOLO.

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Over the past 7 years, all my boards have been shipped from either Califronia or Australia: 6 Burch, 7 XTR (2 were picked up on CA trip though), 1 Gary McNeill, 2 halves of a Gary McNeill and that MOTE arriving next year.

I don't think that is the work of a YOLO Lord! YOLO viscount maybe? Only 2 and a bit boards a year...

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Dafuq is a YOLO?!?!
you know how sometimes you plan out a board and save for it.
Sometimes you walk into a shop to buy a pair of Reef bottle opener sandals and some hemp wax and you impulsively buy a board with no regard for your wife, slipping transmission, or upcoming divorce proceedings?
Then the Yolo is for you!
500 for a clean used board? Nah 1200 for a carbon fibre vacuum bagged 5g Wi-Fi enabled hemi step up boar with a resin swirl that would make a grateful dead T shirt designer cower in fear from years of acid abuse.

Lose money on the stock market on risky options trading plays? No, Invest in yourself. Get that new board. Don't sell your old ones to finance it as other surfers may sense your weakness.

Last edited:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
For anyone looking to check the Varial + Album yolo, I emailed asking about the one posted on their IG yesterday. Guess it sold before it hit the website. But they did say they had a few more sizes almost done.

Unfortunately you won’t be able to yolo this one, because it was just yolo’d ;)
528696DC-579E-4703-A293-50F8594271BA.jpeg

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
For anyone looking to check the Varial + Album yolo, I emailed asking about the one posted on their IG yesterday. Guess it sold before it hit the website. But they did say they had a few more sizes almost done.

Unfortunately you won’t be able to yolo this one, because it was just yolo’d ;)
View attachment 114847
This looks good. Solid yolo.