XTR

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I have one that's a couple years old and still white and another that's less than a year and starting to yellow. 100% getting color from now on.
Figured it was probably hit or miss. The extra $70 or whatever for color is a pretty good deal, I just don’t really trust that I’ll get the color I ask for :D

My Moonstone is grey/purps faux resin tint.

Dec 5, 2010
Any chance they still have those $100 off promo codes this year? Got a feeling those aren’t happening again

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Anyone bought a clear XTR since they introduced their non-yellowing secret sauce? Just wondering if it’s actually true or not.
I had an Aipa about 10 months old that is still white, but it hasn't had many sessions on it. In my experience, if your worried about a yellowing board, than go color. Every time they put out a new version, 7., 8., 10. etc... they say the yellowing is fixed, but I haven't seen it. I expect the Aipa to change at some point as well.

Any chance they still have those $100 off promo codes this year? Got a feeling those aren’t happening again
Sometimes if your a new customer or a loyal customer they will hook you up. Might be worth reaching out to them if your going to order.

Reactions: Goofy_Footed

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Had time to swing by and grab my Chilli bv2. Board came out clean with no issues. 5'11" x 19 7/8 x 2 5/8 33.5L. Feels like it should be fun. I head to CR next week, maybe i'll pack it along with the ghost.

View attachment 166845
Is that 10C?
Do they still have the flex value on the board?
I had the OG BV and it was a pretty fun little board!

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Is that 10C?
Did you run yours as a thruster or twin + trailer? Sounds like it works pretty well with both configs.

This one is 10c. No flex sticker. Shey mentioned they have only done a couple of Chilli's so far. I never tried any of their shapes, but since xtr just started offering them, I thought I'd give one a try. They have some fun looking boards.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Did you run yours as a thruster or twin + trailer? Sounds like it works pretty well with both configs.

This one is 10c. No flex sticker. Shey mentioned they have only done a couple of Chilli's so far. I never tried any of their shapes, but since xtr just started offering them, I thought I'd give one a try. They have some fun looking boards.
Chili’s not the Oz brand that killed surfing culture in Oside, right? That was JS?

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010

Mostly ran AMT fronts with varied trailers. Biggest issue with that board was how quickly I destroyed the deck.

Reactions: j_mac and trifish

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Is that 10C?
I don’t think the flex value is an accurate measurement based on my experience of having two identical borts made and the flex value being two different values. I think they get kindergarteners come in and try perfecting their small circles on those lams.

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
I don’t think the flex value is an accurate measurement based on my experience of having two identical borts made and the flex value being two different values. I think they get kindergarteners come in and try perfecting their small circles on those lams.
Agreed. I have a 6'6" xtr ledge glassed lighter, and a 5'11 ttttthick insanity variant glassed like a tank. The 6'6 definitely flexes, the 5'11 doesn't flex at all (both were supposed to be 6x6x6 but the ledge definitely isnt once i compared with the 5'11) Not upset by it, but they're both a 2 on the flex value thing. I wouldn't read into that stuff too much

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Yeah was just curious. Got my first XTR bout a year ago. Ordered 8C and it came with the 10 logo with flex of 2. Was told it was 10c but the damn thing was stiff. Weight and rails felt perfect though.

Reactions: j_mac
Jan 13, 2021
Yeah was just curious. Got my first XTR bout a year ago. Ordered 8C and it came with the 10 logo with flex of 2. Was told it was 10c but the damn thing was stiff. Weight and rails felt perfect though.
anyone happen to have a black Friday discount code for XTR surfboards for 2023?