XTR

tomminator123

OTF status
Dec 22, 2017
I’m thinking of ordering my first board from XTR, does someone have a coupon code they could send me? I thought I saw on here that they offer referral codes or first time order discounts

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I did this, but with a sponge.

Totally fucked it right up, as the rattle can was quickdry, so all that ended up happening, was that it was blotches with bits of sponge breaking off and sticking in the paint.
What do you guys reckon I use to remove paint from an XTR board?? I painted a board and it came out like sh!t! I'm thinking acetone but i heard it's bad for the epoxy. Im not gonna leave sitting on there for too long or anything. Just dump it on and start scrubbing with a rag.

Does anyone have any objections or alternative suggestions? Its a full deck job. The whole deck it covered in paint.

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
What do you guys reckon I use to remove paint from an XTR board?? I painted a board and it came out like sh!t! I'm thinking acetone but i heard it's bad for the epoxy. Im not gonna leave sitting on there for too long or anything. Just dump it on and start scrubbing with a rag.

Does anyone have any objections or alternative suggestions? Its a full deck job. The whole deck it covered in paint.
Yikes. This is why I haven’t tried painting a yellowed one yet.
I think @Jamby has experience spraying boars and might have suggestions

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018

I just doubled down on my fuckup and painted the thing black :D
Good luck bud!

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System

Pee on it, duh.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I think I would feel better using a scruff pad or some really fine sandpaper to knock it off. Acetone dissolves polystyrene and xtr has vent holes :/
I've tried that and it just makes a mess of the sandpaper. And it thins the glass job.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
I've tried that and it just makes a mess of the sandpaper. And it thins the glass job.
At the beginning of Covid I was bored and tried painting one of my old firewires. Turned out awful so I removed with that citrus goo gone stuff, a rag, scotch brite and lots of elbow grease. Not sure that’s a good idea with the vents in the xtr though. After that experience I decided it’s better to live with a nice natural yellow tint.

Reactions: ReForest

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014

ahahahhhhaha

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
400 grit wont take much off. I'd probably hit it with 220 wet first(for bulk removal) then 400
I've wiped boards with acetone many times, not ideal, but quick and light will get it done. if the xtr has vent holes be very cautious

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Use green/yellow dish sponge allow goo gone to sit for 10 minutes or so before scrub. I have used this method for many years now on all my eps/CFT Stretch boards no problems:shaka:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Sick! @rowjimmytour
Thanks for the tips everyone.
Ill give the 220 then 400 a try @need 4 speed
I came to that conclusion as well @SD_Dan and I usually let them yellow with grace, but i thought i could make this one look good and it just turned out like sh!t!

Gonna work on it over the weekend. :jamon: :jamon:

Reactions: SD_Dan

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Sick! @rowjimmytour
Thanks for the tips everyone.
Ill give the 220 then 400 a try @need 4 speed
I came to that conclusion as well @SD_Dan and I usually let them yellow with grace, but i thought i could make this one look good and it just turned out like sh!t!

Gonna work on it over the weekend. :jamon: :jamon:
Pics of the offending art?