XTR

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Both builds have much more pop than PU or EPS, but Varial requires a bit more input to get up in the critical part of the wave whereas PC seems to suck you right up into the most steep part. Like the board flexes tighter on the rail. Feels similar to Future Flex but I feel like Future Flex doesn't like to stay flexed as long. If that makes sense.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Both builds have much more pop than PU or EPS, but Varial requires a bit more input to get up in the critical part of the wave whereas PC seems to suck you right up into the most steep part. Like the board flexes tighter on the rail. Feels similar to Future Flex but I feel like Future Flex doesn't like to stay flexed as long. If that makes sense.
Hmm. That actually sounds a lot like how Javier was describing it to me the other day.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Another session on parallel carbon. I think it's better than Varial. Parallel carbon really shoots you up the face of the wave.
I like it. Might replace my Varial Twinsman with a parallel carbon Twinsman.
I am thinking about a dark twin in pc or varial:shrug: pc sounds better suited for a dd small wave board but have you tried pc with windy conditions of any kind racer1?
:cheers:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I am thinking about a dark twin in pc or varial:shrug: pc sounds better suited for a dd small wave board but have you tried pc with windy conditions of any kind racer1?
My PC felt like it was going to blow away in windy conditions. Its a pretty light weight tech (IMO).

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
wait... something other than a Stretch??
Always wanted a Aipa since I once got a single stinger from friends garage in high school. Plus growing up Dane Kealoha was my favorite surfer and watched him kill it at OP pro on Aipa twin:shaka: Hey if its not a stretch its a Malcom Campbell bonzer braaa:shaka: By the way Stretch might still win hard time not ordering a 5150 :waving:

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My PC felt like it was going to blow away in windy conditions. Its a pretty light weight tech (IMO).
Did it hold even though or did it actually blow off face:shrug:I felt same way about my CFT stretch boards at first but really do work on off/side shore days:waving:

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Have you ever had a stringered 8.0? I am interested how it will compare to traditional PU boards and the other eps/epoxy boards that I’ve owned. Looking forward to finding out.

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
That makes sense to me. I love future flex and like PC as well.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Have ridden it in windy conditions and I like it as good or better than infused varial. It feels similar to CFT which is light but somehow feels ok in windy conditions. PC might be my favorite alt build.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
hahahah. This guy has his listed on Craigslist as Pasmix. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Anybody get the contact for this guy? It looks like his post got flagged. Might wanna offer a trade to him/her....

Reactions: ReForest

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
Have ridden it in windy conditions and I like it as good or better than infused varial. It feels similar to CFT which is light but somehow feels ok in windy conditions. PC might be my favorite alt build.
that one is the heavier 8.0 glass?

Last edited: