XO COCO surfboards

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
“Challenger Series“ 2023 only goes to 113 and there are several surfers ranked 113.

Heres one. Video is 4 years old, this kid’s balls hadn’t even dropped yet….

2020 QS at equal 245 (again, multiple surfers at this rank) is none other than my homeboy, Kilian Garland.

KilGar beats the sh!t out anyone on the WWSL…

Reactions: stringcheese

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
What’s interesting is that we bash male surfers here 99.9% of the time (have you seen what’s been said about Parko and ADS?) yet nobody has ever accused us of hating men.
yep.
It’s funny you mention ADS…. I really dig his surfing. He has great smooth fundamentals n I guess I don’t need much more than that.

N I’ll add- watching the young ladies performance this yr at Pipe and Sunset was fuggin awesome.

For me - miles more fun and exciting to watch that than the men.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
yep.
It’s funny you mention ADS…. I really dig his surfing. He has great smooth fundamentals n I guess I don’t need much more than that.

N I’ll add- watching the young ladies performance this yr at Pipe and Sunset was fuggin awesome.

For me - miles more fun and exciting to watch that than the men.
Carissa Moore, Coco, Steph are all on my short list of favorites to watch.

Back when I was younger my two favorite surfers to watch in person at Rincon were Tom Curren and Kim Mearrg.

ADS fucking rips in free surfs.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Wait i’ve got it, women’s surfboard is also an ironing board.
that way they can stop surfing and get back in the kitchen raising the babies! ErBB massageinist out

:monkey:

girls can definitely have better style than guys. There is nothing about surfing well that requires man parts. Contest surfing aside, which is stupid anyways. Girls are better dancers so there you go.
Trolling aside though, boards “for women” by some Matt guy, is just nonsense. Until i see concave boobs deck.

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
Wait i’ve got it, women’s surfboard is also an ironing board.
that way they can stop surfing and get back in the kitchen raising the babies! ErBB massageinist out

:monkey:

girls can definitely have better style than guys. There is nothing about surfing well that requires man parts. Contest surfing aside, which is stupid anyways. Girls are better dancers so there you go.
Trolling aside though, boards “for women” by some Matt guy, is just nonsense. Until i see concave boobs deck.
Only question i have is whether rip curls newest sponsored shim should ride normal boards, women's boards, or just stop surfing all together.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What’s interesting is that we bash male surfers here 99.9% of the time (have you seen what’s been said about Parko and ADS?) yet nobody has ever accused us of hating men.
Because it doesn't feel as good as the feelings of superiority and wokeness brought to sick minds when they accuse a group of men of being misogynist.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Nothing over 20 for me.

For up to semi-gun size.

I need 19 something shortboards with a relatively pulled in tail.

So, no real formula, just rules of thumb.

But I think foot size is crucial - thats your main point of applying leverage to the surfboard.

So I applaud Coco for that insight.
Not Coco, Matt.

But aren't those basically normal dims for a guy your size/age/build ?

I can only see this sort of thing changing for people with unusually small or large feet. 5'8 size 11 feet for instance.

At 5'8 I have child sized feet, 8.5s... for a typical HPSB I'm around 18.25 width but have had great luck on the P2 at 18.88 width and fishy grovelers at just over 20 inches.

Your height, weight concaves, vee etc all play a big role in how a board turns over.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Height, weight, stance, shoe size and then apply a limp wrist correction factor.

what’s our order of importance?