WOW- non Fake News from NYTimes

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Globalization is a race to the 3rd World bottom. If you don't fight it you're committing economic suicide

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
[quote [/quote]

Yes. You're one of them. You'll be denying it in a few months or years, though [/quote]
Oh, he's done tons to make me not like him; failed on nearly every promise, hired the worst swamp creatures, and has just done dumb stuff in general. But like i said before, I knew i made the right decision on voting for him when I saw the tears on election night, and the hysterical whining from people like you makes all of his tardfuck decisions almost ok [/quote]

as a democrat turned independent i support this brave statement.

el doc - wtf do i know but it appears to me that you are focusing on trumps negatives. which is easy to do.
too easy. i respectfully submit (go ahead; i dont mind) that you labor to find his positives. a few of which are...
disciplining europe, actually doing something about immigration, and firings "its all about me" types like Comey.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
acnjusa said:
el doc - wtf do i know but it appears to me that you are focusing on trumps negatives. which is easy to do.
too easy. i respectfully submit (go ahead; i dont mind) that you labor to find his positives. a few of which are...
disciplining europe, actually doing something about immigration, and firings "its all about me" types like Comey.
Disciplining Europe? What? Discipline them for what? Doing something about immigration? What? What is wrong with immigration? Immigration is a growth engine. No immigration and you're sunk. Our high standards of living are based on immigration. Firing Comey? What? It's all about me types? What are you talking about? Comey was the head of the FBI. The FBI generally has nothing to do with the president. The FBI is apparently aware of a criminal president, but otherwise they would seldom interact. I'm sorry, I can't play your game.
Are more people better off with the Affordable Care Act, or not?
Does Donald Trump have considerably more supporters or detractors? Who are his supporters? Did you watch the Bakker videos? Do you see who supports this guy? This is simple.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Kento said:
BillyOcean said:
your hatred for the common man is sad

Perhaps you feel more in common with aristocracies that have suppressed commoners throughout history

No doubt the English aristocrats thought all Americans were dumb drunk bumpkins
No hatred.

I'd say it's closer to them suppressing themselves. The jobs won't come to you - you have to get them. Companies aren't coming to the sticks. You can't just be a slacker and expect to have everything fall in your lap.

Globalization is a fact and it's not going away. It's been easy for all of America to be complacent but the reality is that people in other nations are hungrier and are catching up if not surpassing the US. Surfdog has made a great point many times about the demographics of who is filling up STEM programs, especially in grad school.
On one level I agree with you

On another, I think you should think more broadly

Why should hundreds of millions have to abandon their way of life to go become drones in megalopolises?

Because we want cheap sh!t from Walmart?

psychophant

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2011
Hawai'i
manbearpig said:
Diversity at its premise is a more equal playing field. So if there's an issue with that then the dominant group will suffer when diversity is promoted. Historically white people have been in more prominent positions economically. Continuing that trend is anfi progress and a step backward. Better our economy by hiring competent people based on their skill set should always be the first priority.
That's self contradictory.
The people in higher socio-economic groups tend to be better qualified as a whole.