Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
mike needs the money. jake needs the clicks. its nothing more than business venture to fleece the sheep. an exercise in moving money from one pocket to the next

if it were a legit boxing match, tyson wouldnt be fighting and paul would be taking on a ranked cruiserweight, which is why he wouldnt be fighting either

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
mike needs the money. jake needs the clicks. its nothing more than business venture to fleece the sheep. an exercise in moving money from one pocket to the next

if it were a legit boxing match, tyson wouldnt be fighting and paul would be taking on a ranked cruiserweight, which is why he wouldnt be fighting either
Only truths on this post. Doesn't mean they won't fight for real, but all the talking is a show. Lies. And it sells. I want to watch the damn thing! (I can wait to watch it on YouTube though, they ain't getting my fraking moonay!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hump

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
OK DUFFMAN.

Show me at least his amateur rankings.

He quit the Tour in 2011 after 5 years. Why didn't he take his boxing career to the next level? What's he been doing all day since then?
Your whole argument is based on “he grew up in Santa Barbara.“

So did Chuck Liddell.

Im not going to get into the particulars about what he’s been doing with his life.

I can tell you, and since you’re such a boxing expert you should already know this, a man can’t go touring around the world for the better part of a decade surfing during the physical prime of life and then become a world champ boxer in your 30s.

Derp.

Reactions: Chocki

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

They need to do a good enough job to snag a rematch, that’s where the money will be. So they need to dance around through at least 5 rounds with some semblance of contact. You won’t be seeing any first round knockouts, there’s no money in that.

Reactions: freeride76

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
HELL NO! That happened! I remember filling her up under her blouse and the buttons felt like they would explode, I'was like "shiet she's gonna end up naked in this bitch"
Oh okay so there are other troofs in this thread. Namely, that you felt the joaoblinhas, that this fight is rigged exhibition bullshit, and that I earnestly want Mike Tyson to have carne knowledge of Paul's ear and carnal knowledge of his outdoor by fight's end?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That's part of my argument. It's a very wealthy, upscale place where most people don't grow up hungry. Bobby even said in an interview you need to grow up hungry to be a good boxer.

1710793479653.png

So did Chuck Liddell.
If anything Chuck Liddell grew up poor compared to Bobby - he was raised by a single mother and, from what I remember, lived in public housing. He was a high school wrestler and linebacker and a collegiate wrestler who paid his tuition by roofing in the summer. He climbed the amateur and professional ranks until he achieved real-world results.

Im not going to get into the particulars about what he’s been doing with his life.

I can tell you, and since you’re such a boxing expert you should already know this, a man can’t go touring around the world for the better part of a decade surfing during the physical prime of life and then become a world champ boxer in your 30s.

Derp.
He was over the tour psychologically by about 2009, his rookie year was 2006 when he was 24. Most boxers are done by their late 20s because they're too punchy and beat-up by then. Not so with Bobby. Maybe he could've been more, but he wasn't - much like his pro surfing career.

Reactions: Chocki and brukuns

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
no i just think the world has gotten progressively softer through the years. fights and beatdowns in day to day life have become rarer. i guess the proliferation of mma could possibly be a factor but i just don't see it. i haven't been in a fight since the 80's so i'm not really the best judge, but avoiding an ass kicking doesn't seem to be a thing like it was 30-40 years ago
Cell phones, lawyers, jail time and GUNS in todays world .....

Reactions: Hump

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
That's part of my argument. It's a very wealthy, upscale place where most people don't grow up hungry. Bobby even said in an interview you need to grow up hungry to be a good boxer.

View attachment 175549

If anything Chuck Liddell grew up poor compared to Bobby - he was raised by a single mother and, from what I remember, lived in public housing. He was a high school wrestler and linebacker and a collegiate wrestler who paid his tuition by roofing in the summer. He climbed the amateur and professional ranks until he achieved real-world results.

He was over the tour psychologically by about 2009, his rookie year was 2006 when he was 24. Most boxers are done by their late 20s because they're too punchy and beat-up by then. Not so with Bobby. Maybe he could've been more, but he wasn't - much like his pro surfing career.
You’re obviously much more invested in your opinion on this than I am.

Are you the guy that Bobby beat the sh!t out of at Pitas some years back?

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
we know its not by urs or bm's doing, but face it sb just has the well deserved rep of being soft. esp amongst surfers

saw a guy in the water this morning who i knew had been down there this past couple weeks. asked if he'd gotten waves. he shrugged it off and said, yea but you kno, sb is so spoonfed.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
we know its not by urs or bm's doing, but face it sb just has the well deserved rep of being soft. esp amongst surfers

saw a guy in the water this morning who i knew had been down there this past couple weeks. asked if he'd gotten waves. he shrugged it off and said, yea but you kno, sb is so spoonfed.
Alrighty. Think whatever you want.

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Mark Felix is a 57yo british strongman who retired last year I think. He broke the world record for Hercules hold in 2020 and this deadlift at 55. He is a kind of freak in that respect & shows that at least one person can defy the laws of physics! I think Tyson has passed that stage some years ago and this is about money and clicks as said above.