Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Fond memories of that night (Tyson vs Holyfield). I was at this party and I ended up kissing this girl... she was famous for having huge, amazing t!ts... and I was all over them all night! First time grabbing some titties, I was 14. That's always a night to remember.
Dang. Congrats on stepping right up to the big league. :cheers:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: brukuns

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You have no idea wha you’re talking about. Bobby could have easily gone pro in boxing with likely successful world champ aspirations. He chose surfing instead.

Ask any boxing coach anywhere who’s seen him box. Ask any pro boxer who’s been in the ring with him.

Ask the well known top level pro he knocked the fuck out.
Having talent and skill is not the same thing as having the grit to climb the professional rankings through a series of fights. If he had “pro boxer” in him, he quit the tour young-enough to go for it IMO.

Reactions: Chocki and mundus

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Old age and treachery is better than youth and exuberance
thought of this. it was sharpied on the wall of al johnson's swanton studio back in the 80's when i was in my 20's and he was pushing 70.

his was a little different but still made sure not to cross the grumpy old fuk.

"youth and speed are no match for old age and treachery"

gold every young man should take to heart

Reactions: PRCD

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
thought of this. it was sharpied on the wall of al johnson's swanton studio back in the 80's when i was in my 20's and he was pushing 70.

his was a little different but still made sure not to cross the grumpy old fuk.

"youth and speed are no match for old age and treachery"

gold every young man should take to heart
each generation is slightly tougher than the ones that come after them and mike tyson grew up as an orphan in brownsville ny in the 70's. he's as tough as they come. i don't know if this is a real fight or if tyson is really going to put his brain at risk but i know who i'd take in a street fight. and if this is a real boxing match, i got iron mike all day and twice on tuesdays. it wouldn't even be close.

Reactions: Chocki

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Jake Paul can hit hard. Really hard. He’s got legit knockout power. Mike’s been knocked out 5 times in fights and who knows how many more in training.…a lot of iron chin fighters, pretty much all of them, get knocked out once and those chins turn to glass.

JP could sleep him with one shot. If I were a betting man I’d put my money on Paul.
$100 on Venmo and I'll take Tyson .....

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
I'm having a serious hard time wrapping my head around this. This is very, very specific to boxing, right?
no i just think the world has gotten progressively softer through the years. fights and beatdowns in day to day life have become rarer. i guess the proliferation of mma could possibly be a factor but i just don't see it. i haven't been in a fight since the 80's so i'm not really the best judge, but avoiding an ass kicking doesn't seem to be a thing like it was 30-40 years ago

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
no i just think the world has gotten progressively softer through the years. fights and beatdowns in day to day life have become rarer. i guess the proliferation of mma could possibly be a factor but i just don't see it. i haven't been in a fight since the 80's so i'm not really the best judge, but avoiding an ass kicking doesn't seem to be a thing like it was 30-40 years ago
Jack Dempsey had to fight for his meals, literally.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Having talent and skill is not the same thing as having the grit to climb the professional rankings through a series of fights. If he had “pro boxer” in him, he quit the tour young-enough to go for it IMO.
Like I said, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
How many sanctioned bouts have you fought?
I’m not a boxer. Too many limits. Only use hands? Pffft.

Ho many times have you seen Bobby box? How professional coaches and boxers who have seen him or boxed with him have you talked to?

Every single person in the world of boxing that knows Bobby’s level will tell you exa what I’m telling you.

I see him box and say “damn he’s good” then I get told by people with lifetimes worth more expertise than me tell me I have no idea. “Good” doesn’t begin to cover it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’m not a boxer. Too many limits. Only use hands? Pffft.
OK DUFFMAN.
Ho many times have you seen Bobby box? How professional coaches and boxers who have seen him or boxed with him have you talked to?

Every single person in the world of boxing that knows Bobby’s level will tell you exa what I’m telling you.

I see him box and say “damn he’s good” then I get told by people with lifetimes worth more expertise than me tell me I have no idea. “Good” doesn’t begin to cover it.
Show me at least his amateur rankings.

He quit the Tour in 2011 after 5 years. Why didn't he take his boxing career to the next level? What's he been doing all day since then?