Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
I just re-watched the Tyson/Jones jr fight from a few years back and Tyson lasted the full 8 rounds well and won despite the gentlemanly draw given. His balance was not like the old days though and he seemed less stable on his legs which means the power in his punches will be well down. Agree with Duffy, the Paul guy definitely has a chance but I'd really like to see Mike put him to sleep, maybe they will "arrange" that for the drama.

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
I don't think this is a real fight. I don't think either guy will take the fall. I also don't think either will truly be trying to knock the other's head clean off. I think they'll go the distance and come down to the judges decision. Probably leaning towards JP taking it by decision.

I'd love to see MT truly get another knockout, but I don't think this is real. :shrug:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I don't think this is a real fight. I don't think either guy will take the fall. I also don't think either will truly be trying to knock the other's head clean off. I think they'll go the distance and come down to the judges decision. Probably leaning towards JP taking it by decision.

I'd love to see MT truly get another knockout, but I don't think this is real. :shrug:
You’re over thinking this.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Is Duffy going to train J. Paul on how to beat Tyson?
He hasnt pontificated yet on Tyson’s striking weaknesses as far as I know??? If it was mma I’d think the duffman would want the Paul to follow his already established blueprint and immediately unagi roll into a heel hook.

I know at least one of the Pauls has some legit amateur wrasslin credentials. Duffman vs a Paul, mma. Who you got???

Reactions: r32

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I just re-watched the Tyson/Jones jr fight from a few years back and Tyson lasted the full 8 rounds well and won despite the gentlemanly draw given. His balance was not like the old days though and he seemed less stable on his legs which means the power in his punches will be well down. Agree with Duffy, the Paul guy definitely has a chance but I'd really like to see Mike put him to sleep, maybe they will "arrange" that for the drama.
Oh, I want Tyson to put JP into an irreversible coma.

But I think Paul wins this one, possibly by KO.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019

tyson only wins the farce if he jumps script and ko's paul early.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
How is this fight legit? Tyson is 57 ffs.

Jake Paul is 27 and coming into his prime years. That's 30 more years of wear and tear on Tyson's body and his brain. There's no way he could take shots like he used to.

Feels like that Connor McGregor vs Mayweather fight which was just another publicity stunt money grab, rather than an actual fight.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
The guy is 57, in boxing years thats a corpse in a coffin. How many dings can tyson actually take ?