*With a commitment to maintaining a positive space for all, we have disabled our comments. Thank you for your understanding.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The really messed up thing about these boycotts is that it's cancel culture on steroids, and it hurts people that are not even involved. Anheuser-Busch laid off hundreds of employees because of the Bud Light boycott. Hundreds of people (Americans) lost their jobs because some marketing executives made a bad call.

At least woke cancelations hit the fucking target.

Now shareholders and employees at Rip Curl need to suffer because of a tiny instagram post bungle by some marketing execs. Nice.
Tiny? Were you exposed to something that the rest of us missed?

Tough titty.

It’s a brave new world in 2024.

Welcome to the Internet.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The really messed up thing about these boycotts is that it's cancel culture on steroids, and it hurts people that are not even involved. Anheuser-Busch laid off hundreds of employees because of the Bud Light boycott. Hundreds of people (Americans) lost their jobs because some marketing executives made a bad call.

Now shareholders and employees at Rip Curl need to suffer because of a tiny instagram post bungle by some marketing execs. Nice.
Unforced error. People are shitposting wewladdery IRL left, right, and center. Other than drug use and avoiding work/obligations the target market for global surf brands is only a screw or three from the same Missionaries that tried to shut the shred down. They had Tyler Wright already.

Look at Nike, oooh they're woke they've got Kaepernick WEEEEEEE.

They also had Kobe Bryant. Tiger Woods. Maria Sharapova. Oscar Pistorius. Cristiano Ronaldo. You need to cover all your bases. You don't double down on the woke. The Basketball legend who may have non-consentually plowed someone. You get some pill popping hooker fucker whose Swedish piece tried to run him over in the Range Ro'. Or who won a game of chicken armed with nothing but a nine iron while Tiger had the SUV I forget either way sh!t was off the heezy. The tennis goddess always ready to burn a homo with her babushka for good fortune before slamming a roid smoothie and invading Ukraine. The speedy murderer. Ronaldo will fuck anything it probably costs his soccer team seven figures to have a team of security keeping shopvacs, wider electrical outlets, and slower livestock out of his dick's range.

The real tragedy in the whole episode = Joe Motion still isn't on Bogan Curl.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
Unforced error. People are shitposting wewladdery IRL left, right, and center. Other than drug use and avoiding work/obligations the target market for global surf brands is only a screw or three from the same Missionaries that tried to shut the shred down. They had Tyler Wright already.

Look at Nike, oooh they're woke they've got Kaepernick WEEEEEEE.

They also had Kobe Bryant. Tiger Woods. Maria Sharapova. Oscar Pistorius. Cristiano Ronaldo. You need to cover all your bases. You don't double down on the woke. The Basketball legend who may have non-consentually plowed someone. You get some pill popping hooker fucker whose Swedish piece tried to run him over in the Range Ro'. Or who won a game of chicken armed with nothing but a nine iron while Tiger had the SUV I forget either way sh!t was off the heezy. The tennis goddess always ready to burn a homo with her babushka for good fortune before slamming a roid smoothie and invading Ukraine. The speedy murderer. Ronaldo will fuck anything it probably costs his soccer team seven figures to have a team of security keeping shopvacs, wider electrical outlets, and slower livestock out of his dick's range.

The real tragedy in the whole episode = Joe Motion still isn't on Bogan Curl.
Swedish Piece is the name of my new death metal band.

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020

This is how I felt about the "peaceful protests" from a few summers past. Was even worse as the companies didn't do >>anything<< outside of be located in downtowns of cities.

Reactions: Sharky

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Trans on cans is as morally offensive to you as police brutality and murder? Okaaaay.
I'm not losing sleep over a used car lot in Waukesha or an Autozone in Baltimore but the random property damage wasn't constructive either. The histrionics about cities burning down was comical.

I hope they've already got the inventory of 2024 Fanning Mirages preferably not in flag colors. Maybe if they have something that can rival Nike's DryFit I can swoop that too. I have a loose-fitting "surf shirt" from back when Nike owned Hurley and that thing is god-tier for keeping the sun/rash at bay and feeling like it's not even there.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I'm not losing sleep over a used car lot in Waukesha or an Autozone in Baltimore but the random property damage wasn't constructive either. The histrionics about cities burning down was comical.

I hope they've already got the inventory of 2024 Fanning Mirages preferably not in flag colors. Maybe if they have something that can rival Nike's DryFit I can swoop that too. I have a loose-fitting "surf shirt" from back when Nike owned Hurley and that thing is god-tier for keeping the sun/rash at bay and feeling like it's not even there.
“Black lives matter more than beer can labels,” said no anti-woke Trumper ever.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
TL; Didn't Understand.

Rip Curl promotes their clothing line aimed at hot chicks with this guy having his junk rammed into a mankini of some sort:roflmao:
View attachment 171788

Other than the funny side of this debacle, it is beyond unfair when women such as Bethany Hamilton, who has the one arm and balls to say what she believes is right and is a good rolemodel for young sluts trying to whore their way in surfing, is getting kicked off in favor of a delusional dude in a pink dress.
I hate bird lipped girls

Badger_Badger

Nep status
Mar 28, 2011
Wrong side of the tracks Leucadia
Rip Curl broke its silence Wednesday evening in response to mounting public criticism of its work with a transgender athlete in a recent marketing campaign.
The company, part of New Zealand-based KMD Brands, last week featured professional longboarder Sasha Jane Lowerson on its social media. The post led some athletes and consumers to criticize the company and call for a boycott of the brand.

The Australian surfwear company appeared to reverse course by taking the post down earlier this week.

“Our recent post has landed us in the divisive space around transgender participation in competitive sport,” a Rip Curl spokesperson said in a statement emailed to SES Wednesday evening. “We want to promote surfing for everyone in a respectful way, but recognize we upset a lot of people with our post and for that, we are sorry. To clarify, the surfer featured has not replaced anyone on the Rip Curl team and is not a sponsored athlete.”

The company declined to make Rip Curl CEO Brooke Farris available for an interview to discuss the marketing campaign and subsequent reaction. It also declined to answer any further questions beyond the statement.

Reactions: keenfish

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005

"Histrionics"? What planet were you on?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
i'm with you in spirit here, and absolutely happy to call people whatever they want to be called, but i am also open to the possibility that i might be reinforcing a pathology in doing so
"Reinforcing pathology"?

As opposed to doing what? Shaming them? Sending them to a leper colony?

Is accepting kids with autism 'reinforcing pathology'?

What do you people want to do with them?

And reducing body dysphoria to "cross dressing" is as simplistic and dumb as it gets.
Like thinking that if Occy's mom dressed him in a skirt at age 4, he would have became trans. :roflmao:
Because it's that simple..... and this coming from a medical professional who claims he has zero political bias.

You girls are nuts.

Reactions: Black

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
"Reinforcing pathology"?

As opposed to doing what? Shaming them? Sending them to a leper colony?

Is accepting kids with autism 'reinforcing pathology'?

What do you people want to do with them?

And reducing body dysphoria to "cross dressing" is as simplistic and dumb as it gets.
Like thinking that if Occy's mom dressed him in a skirt at age 4, he would have became trans. :roflmao:
Because it's that simple..... and this coming from a medical professional who claims he has zero political bias.

You girls are nuts.
Did you understand “open to the possibility that I might” or did that slip by you?

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"Reinforcing pathology"?
Yes, like the surf world and media did with Peter Drouyn when he became Westerly Windina before going back to being Peter.

I wonder why Jamie Brisick only wrote Part 1 of the story? Where is Part 2?

I heard rumor there will not be a Part 2 because the damage that was done, part thanks to those who lauded his trans-formation.