*With a commitment to maintaining a positive space for all, we have disabled our comments. Thank you for your understanding.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I don't think I could support a company that fires a Christian Woman ("biological woman") but promotes a man masquerading as a female. No matter how good the deal is on the wetsuit or surfboard or tshirt or whatever. In fact, I don't see how any self respecting "Woman" (biologically) could even ride for them or feel good about wearing their merchandise!
I can see a company firing someone for being christian, mindless fanatics are never good for business. I like her though regardless of that undesirable trait.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I can see a company firing someone for being christian, mindless fanatics are never good for business. I like her though regardless of that undesirable trait.
Mindless fanatic has nothing on a delusional man with a mental disorder demanding that society affirm his mental condition. Not only affirm, but celebrate his mental condition!

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Mindless fanatic has nothing on a delusional man with a mental disorder demanding that society affirm his mental condition. Not only affirm, but celebrate his mental condition!
Not comparing. Just saying that living by the interpretation of the words on a book about a magical man that was written more than 2 thousand years ago and got translated and retranslated numerous times isn't a sign of mental stability.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I would argue that "morality" is a requirement for mental stability.
If you don't have morals or a code of ethics, you would be okay with stealing, murder, rape, etc. which is not mentally stable.
So if morality or a code of ethics is a requirement for mental stability, what better code or rules that the bible? The bible provides a great list of moral codes and allegories and stories.

Why do you think that someone who bases their morals or ethics on thousand year old texts is a mentally unstable?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If you don't have morals or a code of ethics, you would be okay with stealing, murder, rape, etc. which is not mentally stable.
So if morality or a code of ethics is a requirement for mental stability, what better code or rules that the bible? The bible provides a great list of moral codes and allegories and stories.

Why do you think that someone who bases their morals or ethics on thousand year old texts is a mentally unstable?
One says woman came from a dude's rib getting cut off. It then embarks on thousands of pages of obvious coocoo for cocoa puffs like the talking snake and the Arc.

One thinks chopping off a dude's fruit basket makes a woman.

Both unsound thought processes, one far less down the rabbit hole.

Like GromsDad Rip Curl and Xcel fit me the best. I could give a fuck that dozens of shapers put Jesus fish on the stringer or that Biolos hates Gavin Newsom.

Rip Curl's key pockets IMHO kinda suck and I don't like having constant is my key flopping out/is the cord loosening anxiety. The Fanning Mirages are still the go to trunk because they are the least rashy and fastest drying. Some of these other trunks will basically make you post-op trans via friction if you sport them during a Florida longshore blowout. No thanks.

Anywho let me know how surely putting to death all the adulterers and shellfish eaters works out for you.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
One says woman came from a dude's rib getting cut off. It then embarks on thousands of pages of obvious coocoo for cocoa puffs like the talking snake and the Arc.

One thinks chopping off a dude's fruit basket makes a woman.

Both unsound thought processes, one far less down the rabbit hole.

Like GromsDad Rip Curl and Xcel fit me the best. I could give a fuck that dozens of shapers put Jesus fish on the stringer or that Biolos hates Gavin Newsom.

Rip Curl's key pockets IMHO kinda suck and I don't like having constant is my key flopping out/is the cord loosening anxiety. The Fanning Mirages are still the go to trunk because they are the least rashy and fastest drying. Some of these other trunks will basically make you post-op trans via friction if you sport them during a Florida longshore blowout. No thanks.

Anywho let me know how surely putting to death all the adulterers and shellfish eaters works out for you.
Your broad generalization of the bible and gender dysphoria is over simplified.
Both are complex ideas, but not comparable at all (IMO).

The stories in the bible about the creation of mankind, and the specifically the great floor, are supported by other ancient text throughout many different cultures. Logic and reasoning can be applied to studying the bible, or other ancient text, and you can draw logical conclusions about them. Whether you believe them or not.

But gender dysphoria makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It makes no sense and only recently has it been removed from the Manual of Mental Disorders. Otherwise is has always been considered a "mental illness".

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If we can’t be funny while comparing men who believe that they are women and adults who believe in santa clause, it’s going to start being like the politics forum in here.
There's nothing funny about comparing some dude and Rip Curl's most recently departed team rider's religion with Rip Curl's newest team rider's religion.

Personally I'd have tried to sign the next up-and-coming Alana from a fiduciary standpoint. Rip Curl's Mileage May Vary.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Your broad generalization of the bible and gender dysphoria is over simplified.
Both are complex ideas, but not comparable at all (IMO).

The stories in the bible about the creation of mankind, and the specifically the great floor, are supported by other ancient text throughout many different cultures. Logic and reasoning can be applied to studying the bible, or other ancient text, and you can draw logical conclusions about them. Whether you believe them or not.

But gender dysphoria makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It makes no sense and only recently has it been removed from the Manual of Mental Disorders. Otherwise is has always been considered a "mental illness".
Things are easy to judge as an abstract concept or hypothetical. But I have friends who have gone through this with their kids. Personally I can’t imagine having to deal with it. What would you do if one of your kids came to you with this? Genuine question. I’m curious how you would try to treat such a “mental illness”. Therapy? prayer? meds to try to alter brain chemistry?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Things are easy to judge as an abstract concept or hypothetical. But I have friends who have gone through this with their kids. Personally I can’t imagine having to deal with it. What would you do if one of your kids came to you with this? Genuine question. I’m curious how you would try to treat such a “mental illness”. Therapy? prayer? meds to try to alter brain chemistry?
Therapy. Logic. Reasoning. Family intervention. I've thought about this happening. It could happen to anyone's kids. Making sure they are getting good information and hanging out with good kids is important too.

Children and young adults under the age of about 23 have an undeveloped pre-frontal cortex which controls reasoning judgment, impulse control, etc. They are easily influenced and are susceptible to making bad choices.

I realize its easier to judge or critic when you're not going through it yourself.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

Just as an example, True Cristians are against any form of contraceptive methods which is just completely moronic. the Bible moral code looks great, until it doesn't.

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Therapy. Logic. Reasoning. Family intervention. I've thought about this happening. It could happen to anyone's kids. Making sure they are getting good information and hanging out with good kids is important too.

Children and young adults under the age of about 23 have an undeveloped pre-frontal cortex which controls reasoning judgment, impulse control, etc. They are easily influenced and are susceptible to making bad choices.

I realize its easier to judge or critic when you're not going through it yourself.
In the case of boys, it appears to be the boys' own mothers doing this to them. With girls it seems to spread more as a social contagion. In both cases, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, esp. since I think it's illegal for a therapist to talk a patient out of a sexual identity in this state - they call it "reparative therapy." You have to find out what they're being taught at school and passing between friends. Often the latter is spread through social media, so Gabb phone. Parents (I don't mean you) are simply giving their kids too much access and exposure to harmful influences, which could include their teachers.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
To be clear, I'm against trans women competing against other women in sports, but I don't have anything against trans people, do what you want as long as it doesn't affect others and as long as you're not a bitch about it (the latter is more opened to interpretation). It's not like I'm crazy religious who believes trans people and gays are morally wrong and are destroying the traditional family. Just don't put biological males against females in sports, that's simply not fair.