Why's Everything So Expensive?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That would be good for 75% of Americans whom are overweight. I can't believe all the fattys that come into the restaurant to eat. They need to hike the 11 miles into Kalalau Valley in and back a few times. How do folks carry That Much weight??? :foreheadslap:
See that article I just poasted in the surf doc forum. It’s so easy to eat and we do so little. I sense change coming haha.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
That would be good for 75% of Americans whom are overweight. I can't believe all the fattys that come into the restaurant to eat. They need to hike the 11 miles into Kalalau Valley in and back a few times. How do folks carry That Much weight??? :foreheadslap:

it’s a fatso rampage out here !!!

:bricks:

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Dude, really?

Come on now....

"Inflation presupposes the establishment of money, which arose as an unanticipated social construct over a period of perhaps 2500 years as a result of a variety of innovations and advancements. It reached its peak with the advent of coinage in Lydia and Ionia around 630 BC, as well as in China around the same time. This indicates that inflation can't be older than money. [21]
Historically, when commodity money was used, periods of inflation and deflation would alternate depending on the condition of the economy. However, when large prolonged infusions of gold or silver into an economy occurred, this could lead to long periods of inflation.
The adoption of fiat currency by many countries, from the 18th century onwards, made much larger variations in the supply of money possible. Rapid increases in the money supply have taken place a number of times in countries experiencing political crises, producing hyperinflations—episodes of extreme inflation rates much higher than those observed in earlier periods of commodity money. The hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic of Germany is a notable example."

For USofA...

800px-US_Historical_Inflation_Ancient.svg.png

Yes, this crazy "new" phenomenon of raising prices continuously is here to stay.... Otay!

:monkey::roflmao::waving::shaka:

Almost as old as dirt. Of course it's here to stay.

:foreheadslap:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Dude, really?

Come on now....

"Inflation presupposes the establishment of money, which arose as an unanticipated social construct over a period of perhaps 2500 years as a result of a variety of innovations and advancements. It reached its peak with the advent of coinage in Lydia and Ionia around 630 BC, as well as in China around the same time. This indicates that inflation can't be older than money. [21]
Historically, when commodity money was used, periods of inflation and deflation would alternate depending on the condition of the economy. However, when large prolonged infusions of gold or silver into an economy occurred, this could lead to long periods of inflation.
The adoption of fiat currency by many countries, from the 18th century onwards, made much larger variations in the supply of money possible. Rapid increases in the money supply have taken place a number of times in countries experiencing political crises, producing hyperinflations—episodes of extreme inflation rates much higher than those observed in earlier periods of commodity money. The hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic of Germany is a notable example."

For USofA...

View attachment 131531

Yes, this crazy "new" phenomenon of raising prices continuously is here to stay.... Otay!

:monkey::roflmao::waving::shaka:

Almost as old as dirt. Of course it's here to stay.

:foreheadslap:
Impossible.

The Fed told us there was no inflation.

So this is clearly a new phenomenon - even the Fed (made up of the best and brightest economic minds in the USA(#1!) and the world) was surprised!

Now, any tips on how to get a wheelbarrow up and down a flight of 20 stairs?:shrug:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
while things are being accelerated by the incoming recession, it was just the end of the quarter last week. typically lots of layoffs happen every year at this same time.
Would you say it's transitory?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Would you say it's transitory?
for me, not really no. every company ive ever worked for the last 20 years has layoffs right at the end of the quarter leading into summer. now they call them restructuring instead. where i work just layed people off last thursday and now my team morphed with another. ive seen it happen at least 20 times now, somehow ive always scraped by.

could be just my industry and tech/gaming. i dunno but these companies typically scale up based on projects - then scale down upon completion and summertime is slow. seems like every single company scaled uplast year tho.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
for me, not really no. every company ive ever worked for the last 20 years has layoffs right at the end of the quarter leading into summer. now they call them restructuring instead. where i work just layed people off last thursday and now my team morphed with another. ive seen it happen at least 20 times now, somehow ive always scraped by.

could be just my industry and tech/gaming. i dunno but these companies typically scale up based on projects - then scale down upon completion and summertime is slow. seems like every single company scaled uplast year tho.
What were the layoffs numbers in June of 2021?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
not sure but 2021 could be the anomaly because everyone was hiring back and then some after letting every one go in 2020. now were seeing a huge correction. 2021 is a unique year
Then what are the historical June layoff numbers?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
dunno brah - im sure you have a graph or something tho.
Seems like you were here to do a Reddit-style deboonking - "UHHHHH, ACKSHUALLY....." Google "2022 Recession Debunking" and see what you get then post it here. You don't need to be able to understand numbers to post them.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Seems like you were here to do a Reddit-style deboonking - "UHHHHH, ACKSHUALLY....." Google "2022 Recession Debunking" and see what you get then post it here. You don't need to be able to understand numbers to post them.
not at all - just pointing out in my experience there are always layoffs at this time of year. nothing more nothing less. i dont research this stuff like you. if its not in my control i simply go with the flow.