Why is Philadelphia such a violent place?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The Democrat party is run by usurpers. They gain power by appearing to give everyone what they want. Free stuff. Meanwhile, human nature doesn't change one iota. Some of us only want to get high and take other people's stuff by force. Some of us are batshit crazy, and want other people dead.

After a while these sentiments consume a society. The only recourse for a politician with no spine is to blame the tools which the criminals use to commit crimes, the tools which law abiding citizens have been forced to use to defend themselves.

Meanwhile the real cause gets worse, and worse, and worse.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/06/28/attempted-robbery-suspect-shot-by-victims-boyfriend-in-north-houston/
ie. don't give away my welfare money!!!

not only are you an moron, but you're a bigot to boot

I love seeing these absurd narratives you cook up in your addled mind where you're the fierce patriot hero

....while also being a ward of the state

phenomenal cognitive dissonance!

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
ie. don't give away my welfare money!!!

not only are you an moron, but you're a bigot to boot

I love seeing these absurd narratives you cook up in your addled mind where you're the fierce patriot hero

....while also being a ward of the state

phenomenal cognitive dissonance!
Every conservatard welfare leech has convinced themselves they deserve the money and nobody else.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
I feel like these organized loots could be easily prevented with a few jump street narcs who are up on social media

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Brick and mortar retail is going down.
ive never been a big online shopper especally amazon BUT, i just bought something that was very modular and needs lots of accessories and through amazon i was able to buy some thing's in the morning, recieve it by the afternoon, and then return and be refunded again by that evening with the money back on my CC, once i realized it wouldnt work for me and i needed something else. . I did this probably 50 times in the last month and a half. Brick and morter simply cant compete with that.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
ive never been a big online shopper especally amazon BUT, i just bought something that was very modular and needs lots of accessories and through amazon i was able to buy some thing's in the morning, recieve it by the afternoon, and then return and be refunded again by that evening with the money back on my CC, once i realized it wouldnt work for me and i needed something else. . I did this probably 50 times in the last month and a half. Brick and morter simply cant compete with that.
Our household buys nearly everything on-line. Its rare for there to be less than three boxes on the doorstep when I get home. My wife even buys stupid stuff you need all the time like paper towels on-line. The cardboard business must be booming. Target and Walmart must have local delivery drivers grabbing stuff off of the store shelves now because sometimes she places an order before work and its on the front step when we come home from work.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Our household buys nearly everything on-line. Its rare for there to be less than three boxes on the doorstep when I get home. My wife even buys stupid stuff you need all the time like paper towels on-line. The cardboard business must be booming. Target and Walmart must have local delivery drivers grabbing stuff off of the store shelves now because sometimes she places an order before work and its on the front step when we come home from work.
maybe you should've jumped ship on toner cartridges and gotten into the cardboard market.

some businessman you turned out to be.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
How is Pittsburgh's level of violence?

View attachment 163882
Lived in Pittsburgh for a year recently. Never had the pleasure of trying their cold topped garbage pizza, to make it even more confusing they use cold shredded provolone. I enjoyed living in Pittsburgh, but one year was enough. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere but it's very inexpensive, everyone was super nice and the driving was non aggressive. I wouldn't recommend anyone either go to or avoid Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh hates Philly, Philly is unaware that Pittsburgh exists.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Lived in Pittsburgh for a year recently. Never had the pleasure of trying their cold topped garbage pizza, to make it even more confusing they use cold shredded provolone. I enjoyed living in Pittsburgh, but one year was enough. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere but it's very inexpensive, everyone was super nice and the driving was non aggressive. I wouldn't recommend anyone either go to or avoid Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh hates Philly, Philly is unaware that Pittsburgh exists.
My parent's place in WV was about 90 minutes away and it was one of the nearest cities when you needed to buy things so it was one of the options. Pretty dismal place where I'd never want to live.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I wouldn't want to live in Pittsburgh, and it seems like it's very prone to being overcast, but if it was hot and flat here and 72 and bluebird there, it'll work. The setting at the confluence of the rivers is scenic especially from the bluffs overlooking the city. When I was there in the mid-90s there was a neighborhood we drove through that looked sketchy as hell.