Why didn't Trumby take action when he saw China building emergency hospitals in late January?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Damn dude someone needs those totalitarian (D) Governors in blue states like Alabama and Idaho and Georgia and Indiana and Iowa and Montana and Nebraska and Wyoming and oh, wait, plenty of blue and red states allow services with less than 10 people 6' apart and pretending this is partisan with respect to Governors is a surefire sign you are dealing with a retarded potato.

Carry on.

I’m opposed to all forms of this from whomever is doing it. I happen to live under the thumb of Gavin The Great so that’s where my focus is.

Also during Easter we didn’t have the information we have now.

The science and data when taken as a whole (factoring in the negative aspects of the closures) no longer supports keeping ANYTHING closed.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I’m opposed to all forms of this from whomever is doing it. I happen to live under the thumb of Gavin The Great so that’s where my focus is.

Also during Easter we didn’t have the information we have now.

The science and data when taken as a whole (factoring in the negative aspects of the closures) no longer supports keeping ANYTHING closed.
Yeah I'm sure sold out baseball games and megachurch services are a great idea.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yeah I'm sure sold out baseball games and megachurch services are a great idea.
If you’re vulnerable or not wanting to go then don’t.

I’ve always hated crowds and don’t go to baseball games. I’m an atheist so I don’t do church either.

I choose not to.

Imagine that...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Oh nos!

Someone might get a virus that 99.999% of healthy people handle just fine!

Shut down EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Its fucking retarded.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If you’re vulnerable or not wanting to go then don’t.

I’ve always hated crowds and don’t go to baseball games. I’m an atheist so I don’t do church either.

I choose not to.

Imagine that...
My bad breh, you were only talking about Gavin. I get it. I was responding to the other Duffy LaCoronilla, who said blue governors plural.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I just left a nursing home (one of my clients).

I take precautions, wear a mask when I enter and touch only what I need to touch.

Just like I’ve been doing every month for the last 15 years.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Name a blue governor that isn’t doing these things.
Jared Polis, Colorado.

Ned Lamont, Connecticut * (50 or less not sure if that counts)

John Carney, Delaware

Jon Bel Edwards, Louisiana * (says Religion is essential but not exempt from 10 person max)

Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan

Michelle Lujan Grisham, New Mexico

Tom Wolfe, Pennsylvania

I can find quite a few (D) Governors who might not have explicitly declared religion essential a la Edwards in Louisiana, but who say it's fine as long as it adheres to the 10 person max.I can find quite a few (R) Governors who are just as strict, if not more strict, and already listed some in the first post on this matter.

Edit: This is also the list of (D) Governors not doing these things as of Easter weekend. Pretty sure even more are opening back up.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Jared Polis, Colorado.

Ned Lamont, Connecticut * (50 or less not sure if that counts)

John Carney, Delaware

Jon Bel Edwards, Louisiana * (says Religion is essential but not exempt from 10 person max)

Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan

Michelle Lujan Grisham, New Mexico

Tom Wolfe, Pennsylvania

I can find quite a few (D) Governors who might not have explicitly declared religion essential a la Edwards in Louisiana, but who say it's fine as long as it adheres to the 10 person max.I can find quite a few (R) Governors who are just as strict, if not more strict, and already listed some in the first post on this matter.

Edit: This is also the list of (D) Governors not doing these things as of Easter weekend. Pretty sure even more are opening back up.
I know Colorado loose but mich and penn?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"nobody saw this coming"

yeah we did. everyone did.

Why do you lie so damn much?

Dr. Anthony Fauci - January 21, 2020:

Dr. Anthony Fauci - February 17, 2020:

If the guy running the CDC was saying it was no big deal, why the hell would non-scientist Trump do otherwise?

Do you actually think the country would have said "OK" to shutting down, closing all our borders, and invoking the DPA in mid January against the advice of the CDC?

You will never answer the above questions.

Because this is a political game to you.

And you want to use it to take down El Trumpo, and replace him with a man who has Alzheimer's disease.

Sick, sick , sick.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So you're for or against Trumby overriding governors?
Im for the federal government stepping in a protecting the rights of individual citizens when those are being violated by state governments.

“States rights” is not permission for state governments to violate the constitution.

For example, some states want to make abortion illegal and every time they try they get smacked by FEDERAL courts because it has been determined that abortion is a protected right.

On to your specific, I don’t believe that a president has the power to unilaterally override governors generally but it appears to me that the DOJ is doing this using the judicial branch.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Why do you lie so damn much?

Dr. Anthony Fauci - January 21, 2020:

Dr. Anthony Fauci - February 17, 2020:

If the guy running the CDC was saying it was no big deal, why the hell would non-scientist Trump do otherwise?

Do you actually think the country would have said "OK" to shutting down, closing all our borders, and invoking the DPA in mid January against the advice of the CDC?

You will never answer the above questions.

Because this is a political game to you.

Fvckin' loser.
He didn’t really mean it just like when said masks were worthless.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I know Colorado loose but mich and penn?
Yes. Those states are guilty of being swing states with Democratic Governors. There is a reason the mainstream media is licking Mike DeWine's balls (Ohio-R) and there are zero shitstorm protests in Ohio. It's because he locked Ohio down like a blue state, especially early on, but he's not a Democrat.

These protests are targeted astroturfings, not some grassroots thing swelling up.

Wisconsin's Governor is a Democrat and the bars are open. (!)

Consistent with prior guidance, a place of religious worship, when used for religious worship, is not subject to penalty under section 17 of this order.

The following operations are exempt:

• Life-sustaining business activities
  • Health care or medical services providers
  • Access to life-sustaining services for low-income residents, including food banks
  • Access to child care services for employees of life-sustaining businesses that remain open as follows: child care facilities operating under the Department of Human Services, Office of Child Development and Early Learning waiver process; group and family child care operating in a residence; and part-day school age programs operating under an exemption from the March 19, 2020 business closure Orders
  • News media
  • Law enforcement, emergency medical services personnel, firefighters
  • The federal government
  • Religious institutions

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

"nobody saw this coming"

yeah we did. everyone did.
Like what? Waste money on empty hospitals?

How about blocking travel from China? Oh he tried that. You guys said it was racist

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Damn dude someone needs those totalitarian (D) Governors in blue states like Alabama and Idaho and Georgia and Indiana and Iowa and Montana and Nebraska and Wyoming and oh, wait, plenty of blue and red states allow services with less than 10 people 6' apart and pretending this is partisan with respect to Governors is a surefire sign you are dealing with a retarded potato.

Carry on.

Doesn’t matter what letter is behind their name. They’re all totalitarian

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Doesn’t matter what letter is behind their name. They’re all totalitarian
adjective
relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.
  1. Yes, the entire known world except for Oklahoma and South Dakota are totalitarian.

2. Let's take a look at Kansas' Governor, a Democrat, who had her ban overturned by the State Legislature, and instead of requiring complete subservience to the state, toted the L and went about her day.

3. Is that totalitarian?

4. Good grief.
But tell me more how a hilariously bright red hat isn't a symbol!