Why are surfers so bad at making music?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Flea, Chad, John all seem cool, and I could be wrong but Kiedis always struck me as very full of himself/not even close to being as smart as he thought he was along with being an unrepentant scumbag?

Was a fan of RHCP (saw them open for the Pumpkins at a hockey rink) until their music dissolved into a parody of itself to the point that an actual parody song fooled a lot of people when it came out lol

The Peppers are great as long as they are with Frusciante.

Frusciante and Flea are like peas and carrots.

Even One Hot Minute with Navarro had some great tracks. Deep Kick.

I love Frusciante’s solo stuff too.

Guitar master track for BSSM is a great listen:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The Peppers are great as long as they are with Frusciante.

Frusciante and Flea are like peas and carrots.

Even One Hot Minute with Navarro had some great tracks. Deep Kick.

I love Frusciante’s solo stuff too.

Guitar master track for BSSM is a great listen:
I thought it was funny that the fired the old guy to get Frusciante back.

You know you are good when you can be all difficult and the band keeps taking you back.

The guy he replaced was all earnest too.

When you get fired from a top band, you should always take it like an adult because they might be able to throw you a bone later.

I get it. It's hurts to get fired from a band.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
i like uplift mofo party plan best
Followed by BSSM (Rubin=genius)
They lost me after that.

And Frusciante is very lucky to be alive especially considering how back in 1993 when he was a rock bottom junkie his good pals uber scumbag Johnny Depp and Butthole Surfer Gibby decided that instead of staging an intervention etc they’d direct an art film chronicling the depths of his addiction?

Jul 8, 2008
The Pixies 'Surfer Rosa' is an amazing album too. Topical as it has the word 'surf' in the album title? Going to guess Frank Black doesn't surf, but who cares...great album.

Reactions: 000

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
The Pixies 'Surfer Rosa' is an amazing album too. Topical as it has the word 'surf' in the album title? Going to guess Frank Black doesn't surf, but who cares...great album.
he surfs