Why are surfers so bad at making music?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
the real question is: why are surfers so bad at surfing
sure there are good ones, but mostly its people that surf often but have always sucked and always will

Reactions: sdsrfr

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
the real question is: why are surfers so bad at surfing
sure there are good ones, but mostly its people that surf often but have always sucked and always will
I ask myself this question daily about people and driving cars. You’ve done this literally your entire adult life yet you still have next to no clue what you’re doing???

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
Great songs by surfers:

Fire Jam - Tom Curren
Dump Swimming - Jon Frank

Otherwise most of it is crap-ola.

Discuss.
You mean why are pro surfers so bad at music? There are thousands of bands with surfers in them. Or do you only count bands you've heard of? I'm confused. Anyway, pro surfers suck at music because they're dilettantes, just like how real musicians suck at surfing.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
You mean why are pro surfers so bad at music? There are thousands of bands with surfers in them. Or do you only count bands you've heard of? I'm confused. Anyway, pro surfers suck at music because they're dilettantes, just like how real musicians suck at surfing.
I have a new word now and it is so apt. dilettantes. Thank you for expanding my vocabulary. :)

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Pro surfers are the only surfers that matter.

I think you would like Dump Swimming.

Give it a listen.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Where can I buy this book? It’s not on Amazon??? I’m fucking aces at driving due in no small part to having attended driving school

Also for the one time low price of $135, veteran Championship Tour surfer, Ace Buchan will help you become the rad surfer you always thought you were.

Inertia readers save 10% with IMAKOOK10

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Dude used to rock the full white zinc bukake face look glad he found clear. Flea doesnt surf well either but was super stoked to be out and was friendly
Flea, Chad, John all seem cool, and I could be wrong but Kiedis always struck me as very full of himself/not even close to being as smart as he thought he was along with being an unrepentant scumbag?

Was a fan of RHCP (saw them open for the Pumpkins at a hockey rink) until their music dissolved into a parody of itself to the point that an actual parody song fooled a lot of people when it came out lol