Who's your favorite right wing radio talk show host?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
For the same reason that liberals dominate Twitter and Reddit and Facebook.

Shortform formats deal in a different level of detail and explanation than longform formats, and vice versa.
Liberal long form media fails, once you start to incorporate facts and math.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
For the same reason that liberals dominate Twitter and Reddit and Facebook.
How do you figure that?

Look at the amount followers the righties have on social networks and YouTube.

Not even close.

I can't even think of a lefty I follow or subscribe to.

Ben Shapiro has more followers than all the lefties combined.

Look at the YT sh!t that gets posted here by GrossDad and TMZ. That's the audience.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Or, liberals are not as gullible and seek out all kinds of media instead of listening to only those that confirm their biases.

MSNBC never came even close to Fox. Why?

I can't even think of a lefty talk show host. Let alone one that compares to Limbaugh or Savage.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Better question would be why are all the most popular political talk shows, TV networks and YouTube channels always right wing?

Because gullible rubes seeking confirmation bias are easy to monetize on? :shurg:
IMO Limbaugh created the entire genre, probably single handedly saved AM radio and is THE reason that talk radio exists as it does today. The other right wing radio hosts are just getting Rush’s sloppy seconds. If Limbaugh was a liberal the AM talk ecosystem would be dominated by liberals.

That’s because the bottom line is this, Limbaugh is good at radio. The politics of it is secondary.

He’s just about run his course and the void will be filled by podcasts.

Say what you will about Limbaugh but the fact that a man who is totally deaf can have the #1 radio talk show in the US is pretty fucking impressive.

Reactions: Ifallalot

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Meh. This logic works either way. Right wing long form media is just as guilty; i listen often.

hosts who have varying guests seem to the best as of right now. Rogan (gasp!), Sam Harris are a few that come to mind.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
It's nothing to do with long form.

It's about what type of person wants listen to inflammatory shouting that only strokes their existing biases and that never challenges their thinking.

Exhibit A : GrossDad

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Sounds like fecal is crying about not having a radio show that he can listen to.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I think all people who listen to morning talk radio are crazy. And that also goes for the music radio too. Although Big Boy on Power 106 in LA was funny as f*ck. Ditto Thrasher on KNAC.

But overall, I want music on the way into work. If I'm sitting in traffic or saying f*ck it and going toll road at 95 mph (flow of traffic, at least as I see it), you need that flow. Listening to people talk? F*ck that - I'll have that as soon as I'm in the office. I want cranial equilibrium before that - whether delivered by 2Pac or The Coup. Or Slayer. Or whatever. But no talking!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Sounds like fecal is crying about not having a radio show that he can listen to.
I have a lot of the people I like to listen to.

I'm just not interested in listening in bias panderers. It's boring as fvck.

I like to listen to the people who are smarter than me and who I can learn something from.
Not those that repeat back to me what I already beleive.

Also, I haven't listened to the "radio" in at least 10 years. Let alone AM radio.
Get with the times gramps.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Damn this is awesome. I thought I was at best a D-Lister here, but I've made the big time. Yes, I like Savage because he is insane. It's the same reason I like you Fecal. The extremes are entertaining. Merry Christmas. DM me your address for a tube of Zinka. I find that the bright colors brighten the mood.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Damn this is awesome. I thought I was at best a D-Lister here, but I've made the big time. Yes, I like Savage because he is insane. It's the same reason I like you Fecal. The extremes are entertaining. Merry Christmas. DM me your address for a tube of Zinka. I find that the bright colors brighten the mood.
I would also like to send you some chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Get some!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
How do you figure that?

Look at the amount followers the righties have on social networks and YouTube.

Not even close.

I can't even think of a lefty I follow or subscribe to.

Ben Shapiro has more followers than all the lefties combined.

Look at the YT sh!t that gets posted here by GrossDad and TMZ. That's the audience.

Conservatives dominate platforms like talk radio and youTube because those media rely on thought.

Leftists dominate things like Twitter that rely on emotion.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
You think right wing media isn’t relying on emotion?

people like savage and hannity are totally level headed and emotionless truth missiles right? :ROFLMAO: