Who would you sponsor?

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
All in on Gerry Lopez. He's all about moving the product. Currently pimping GL signature Manduka yoga mats. Shameless af.

The girl's team will have nothing to do with surfing ability -- the last thing we need is more try-hard B grade surf chicks. Sultry/slutty sells.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Don't keep up with the groms but for girls/women, Erin Brooks impressed me.

View attachment 178859
Did anyone listen to me, pull the trigger, and sponsor Erin Brooks? If not you may have missed a great opportunity.

At the Bonsoy Gold Coast Pro (Challenger Series) today my girl just scored a perfect 10 in the semis, then went on to win the event. Her stock just went up big time. Congrats!

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Did anyone listen to me, pull the trigger, and sponsor Erin Brooks? If not you may have missed a great opportunity.

At the Bonsoy Gold Coast Pro (Challenger Series) today my girl just scored a perfect 10 in the semis, then went on to win the event. Her stock just went up big time. Congrats!

Just because I can’t let it go, there is zero chance Moana gets a backhand barrel like that at snapper or anywhere else, let alone in a heat. That’s best female tuber rider in the world material.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
MEN:
1. Rafael “Nono” Pereira - $80k
2. Sebastian Williams - $80k
3. Lucas Owens - $80k
4. Timmy Reyes - $80k
5. Kelly Slater - $100k

WOMEN:
1. Stephanie Gilmore - $100k
2. Alyssa Spencer - $80k
3. Caity Simmer - $100k
4. Sierra Kerr -- $80k
5. Bethany Hamilton - $100k

All athletes would have 5 year contracts with incentives based on CT or QS results, and social media posts based on likes/shares/reposts. All contracts would include 1 clothing-line per year (summer, spring, winter or fall) that would focus exclusively on the athlete.

Not included in the question... but if the athlete agrees to the above compensation I would also agree to a budget for a movie to help with exposure of the athletes. 1 movie per 5 year contract.
I know you love Firewire but jeesh I know 3 of your men selected ride firewire and I'll bet the other 2 unknowns ride them as well. At this point I think you should follow your passion and quit whatever career you have and just work for them?

Reactions: bigglesworth

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I know you love Firewire but jeesh I know 3 of your men selected ride firewire and I'll bet the other 2 unknowns ride them as well. At this point I think you should follow your passion and quit whatever career you have and just work for them?
Lucas rides Mayhem. I think Reyes is on Pattersons.

But ReForest should spend more time w his team - at least long enough to learn Lucas’ last name is Owston!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I'd find the gnarliest enforcers at the spots I surf and sponsor them to intimidate and obstruct anyone and everyone who tried to surf while I was surfing. What can I say? I grew up in PV.