Who here believes this claim by Biden?

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Not Gavin. He is hated on a Trumpian level, but since the MSM is on his side he’ll never get the same treatment
Not on the east coast or by independents, I doubt he will run in 24 unless Biden keels over...which is like 50/50

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm with ifallalot on Gavin. He's too slick and too coast for the Upper Midwest swing states.

and people mock me for liking Liz Warren....
Holy hell you like Elizabeth Warren and you don't like Taylor Swift. Possibly the only person who could compare to Mike Pence and Kamala Harris for political ineptitude. How many Tim Pawlenty 2012 tee shirts do you have laying around?

I'd love Elizabeth Warren the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Chief Cherokee In Charge position. Senator, okay. Presidential candidate? No. A complete and utter fucking Mondale.

Last edited:

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah good point, Dems will prob fumble the bag as usual...would win the popular vote which doesn't matter

Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Ifall is correct, Newsom is competent and capable but if he runs he will hit a wall of hate which he may or may not be able to overcome. It would be like running Pelosi, and Gavin has additional ethical baggage in the form of women. The Dems have to run someone who will play well to middle American, suburban, Volvo-driving soccer moms, and Gavin is not that guy.

Neither party is good at this, they both love to run partisan hacks who seem to alienate everyone but their base. IMO it's rooted in gerrymandering and the primary system but I don't see any resolution forthcoming.

Liz Cheney (of all people) nailed it when she said, “And what we’ve done in our politics is create a situation where we’re electing idiots.”

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm with ifallalot on Gavin. He's too slick and too coast for the Upper Midwest swing states.

Holy hell you like Elizabeth Warren and you don't like Taylor Swift. Possibly the only person who could compare to Mike Pence and Kamala Harris for political ineptitude. How many Tim Pawlenty 2012 tee shirts do you have laying around?

I'd love Elizabeth Warren the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Chief Cherokee In Charge position. Senator, okay. Presidential candidate? No. A complete and utter fucking Mondale.
lol, keep talking Klobuchar....

Warren's been going hard at Wall Street for a long time.

Klobuchar's a bad pantsuit

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Ifall is correct, Newsom is competent and capable but if he runs he will hit a wall of hate which he may or may not be able to overcome. It would be like running Pelosi, and Gavin has additional ethical baggage in the form of women. The Dems have to run someone who will play well to middle American, suburban, Volvo-driving soccer moms, and Gavin is not that guy.

Neither party is good at this, they both love to run partisan hacks who seem to alienate everyone but their base. IMO it's rooted in gerrymandering and the primary system but I don't see any resolution forthcoming.

Liz Cheney (of all people) nailed it when she said, “And what we’ve done in our politics is create a situation where we’re electing idiots.”
First time Liz Cheney was correct

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I think a swing-state governor will be a strong candidate to be elected Prez in '28. Whitmer, Brashear, Youngkin, maybe others. They have the ability to get independent voters, a rarity in national politics.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
I think a swing-state governor will be a strong candidate to be elected Prez in '28. Whitmer, Brashear, Youngkin, maybe others. They have the ability to get independent voters, a rarity in national politics.
Fuck Youngkin - He's a walmart Desantis

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
disagree

Warren constantly punks fools in committee...she's been an effective representative for her constituents and citizens in general with regard to wall street fkery
One of the only ones who actually fights for the interests of the non billionaire class. Of course she attacked and hated by the ruling class and their hopelessly misguided useful idiots.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
disagree

Warren constantly punks fools in committee...she's been an effective representative for her constituents and citizens in general with regard to wall street fkery
Please pick 1.

[ ] I slept through the part where the Orange Doofus thoroughly clowned Elizabeth Warren's life through the whole Cherokee genealogy episode.

[ ] I accept that, no matter how valid her contributions are in a committee setting, she got so comprehensively stumped by the Trump, it's a surprise she never asked anyone to please clap.

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Please pick 1.

[ ] I slept through the part where the Orange Doofus thoroughly clowned Elizabeth Warren's life through the whole Cherokee genealogy episode.

[ ] I accept that, no matter how valid her contributions are in a committee setting, she got so comprehensively stumped by the Trump, it's a surprise she never asked anyone to please clap.
How are either of those relevant to her actual policies when it comes to the middle class - You know the backbone of this country? Makes for great tv though (which is not relevant in any way)