Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I believe this was the reason for the crash. I hope we go all the way to 30k. In fact I hope the spot ETF is denied and we go down to 20k, that would be swell for accumulating.

1704302553683.png

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
It says Matrix on Target doesn't believe the Spot ETF will be approved this January because it makes no sense politically. and it caused the crash.

It's just more speculation... the same speculation that caused prices to rise, just pointing the other direction.
my youngest (who coined the phrase "bitcoin is a dumb cryptocurrency for stupid people" back when ETH was on a tear along with everything else in 2021) is now into BTC and says to expect more of the same for a while while Blackcock & Friends coordinate with the SEC and the MSM to mindfuck the market into improving conditions for their ongoing accumulation scheme leading up to a gargantuan pump and dump that will make every thing up to this point look like the lunch money in my pocket in 1979 that i spent on jolly ranchers at 7-11 while my buddy shoplifted swisher sweets to be smoked as we rode our bikes to the public school on the bad side of town.

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
my youngest (who coined the phrase "bitcoin is a dumb cryptocurrency for stupid people" back when ETH was on a tear along with everything else in 2021) is now into BTC and says to expect more of the same for a while while Blackcock & Friends coordinate with the SEC and the MSM to mindfuck the market into improving conditions for their ongoing accumulation scheme leading up to a gargantuan pump and dump that will make every thing up to this point look like the lunch money in my pocket in 1979 that i spent on jolly ranchers at 7-11 while my buddy shoplifted swisher sweets to be smoked as we rode our bikes to the public school on the bad side of town.
This is what i keep hearing.
But i'm really looking for cases where the ETF gets approved and the BTC price goes down - how might that happen?

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This is what i keep hearing.
But i'm really looking for cases where the ETF gets approved and the BTC price goes down - how might that happen?
It may happen if the market has already priced it in as is often the case. Not to mention that if institutions applying for the ETFs already bought all the BTC they needed (look where the prices are), they don't necessarily need to buy more once it's approved, at least until people get into those ETFs proper. And of all ETF requests, some may not be approved and these institutions may sell off. (this is obviously just from the top of my head and I may be miles off)

It could go either way, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if prices crashed upon approval.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Quite possible ETF approvals are a "sell the news" event.

Current BTC ETF applications waiting for approval. All these companies will need to buy and hold BTC if their application is approved, assuming they haven't bought already. But why buy here if they can push BTC back into the 30s for a discount? :computer:

BlackRock
Grayscale
Bitwise
WisdomTree
Invesco Galaxy
Valkyrie
Ark
VanEck
Fidelity
NYDIG / StoneRidge
Hashdex
Franklin Templeton
Pando
Global X

I don't follow YouTube shills, but maybe I should. When they are screaming 'buy' or 'ETF super pump', it's a guarantee this will dump.

Also keep in mind the ATH for BTC at 69k was on the same day as Coinbase IPO, which was touted heavily in the news as a watershed moment for crypto. "This IPO tells us BTC and crypto is here to stay" which got everyone feeling warm and fuzzy. Then they dumped it for more than a year. Lol

BTC daily guess

1704474977184.png

BTC 15m guess

1704475223088.png

Jun 7, 2015
Someone nailed the 30k call, and it spiked to 32k overnight. Sweet move on your part, funding that roof deposit. Now, about the 100k call, it's a gamble, right? If you're feeling the vibe and got the stomach for it, why not take a dip again?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Someone nailed the 30k call, and it spiked to 32k overnight. Sweet move on your part, funding that roof deposit. Now, about the 100k call, it's a gamble, right? If you're feeling the vibe and got the stomach for it, why not take a dip again?
Long term buying and holding doesn't stop. I stick with the same strategy. Day trade for gains, and add those gains to my long hodl bags on dips. I welcome all dips. Volatility provides nice gains on shorts, and nice discount on coins I like to long hodl.

$100k this year would be so nice.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
also this
IMG_5226.jpeg

Reactions: crustBrother

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Long term buying and holding doesn't stop. I stick with the same strategy. Day trade for gains, and add those gains to my long hodl bags on dips. I welcome all dips. Volatility provides nice gains on shorts, and nice discount on coins I like to long hodl.
sounds like a solid strategy

hey a while back you shared some book recommendations on technical analysis

would you be so kind as to reshare that?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
sounds like a solid strategy

hey a while back you shared some book recommendations on technical analysis

would you be so kind as to reshare that?
This is pretty much the bible of TA. 20+ years old, but covers all the basics well and gives you a strong foundation to build upon. Guys will argue TA is garbage and worthless. Blah blah, gtfo of my face. You learn to work with what you got and stick to a plan. But at same time, I don't use fib lines, gann, elliot waves, or moon phases. I just stick with basic patterns and volume.

PDF copy

BTC 15m fell out of triangle as expected. Shorts printed nicely on some ALTs. Now let's see if we get a classic bounce to test new resistance. If if rejects again, I'll add to my short position and ride it down for a bit.

Stop-loss moved in profit so I'm in the safe zone.

1704527611227.png

• Love
Reactions: bvendley and Chocki

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Quite possible ETF approvals are a "sell the news" event.

Current BTC ETF applications waiting for approval. All these companies will need to buy and hold BTC if their application is approved, assuming they haven't bought already. But why buy here if they can push BTC back into the 30s for a discount? :computer:

BlackRock
Grayscale
Bitwise
WisdomTree
Invesco Galaxy
Valkyrie
Ark
VanEck
Fidelity
NYDIG / StoneRidge
Hashdex
Franklin Templeton
Pando
Global X

would it not be obvious if these institutions bought or did not buy btc for their eft yet? Wouldnt the buying have been spotted, wouldn't there need to have been disclosures somewhere?

Jul 18, 2018
would it not be obvious if these institutions bought or did not buy btc for their eft yet? Wouldnt the buying have been spotted, wouldn't there need to have been disclosures somewhere?
I'm thinking the same but I don't really know and have been unable to find a reliable answer. I think I read that Coinbase is the custodian for several of the ETF's so perhaps it's possible that Coinbase is already holding:shrug:
All I do know is this is going to be an exciting/volatile week in crypto.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
This is pretty much the bible of TA. 20+ years old, but covers all the basics well and gives you a strong foundation to build upon. Guys will argue TA is garbage and worthless. Blah blah, gtfo of my face. You learn to work with what you got and stick to a plan. But at same time, I don't use fib lines, gann, elliot waves, or moon phases. I just stick with basic patterns and volume.

PDF copy
danke schön, senor

my fav book vendor had a copy and it is now on the way to my house!

Last edited:
Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Bear whales don't seem to have the dump power this past year. Nothing spills out hard like it used to. Every dip gets bought up nicely.

Last night, BTC did not reject after the bounce so I closed my ALT shorts last night. Now waiting to see if BTC rejects or punches up this morning. Testing now. Watching to see if volume increased. It's pretty low right now.

1704566093377.png