Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
CPI numbers this morning causing the ruckus, along with Asia front-running the release of numbers for Sept.

Update: BTC roared back to recover the dip and ALTs followed. Total insanity. And Elon tweeted last night "$20,000" no doubt trolling as usual.

Update 2: BTC going ape sh!t this morning. Insane pumpage. Most ALTs 10-20% from CPI dip. Crazy morning of extreme volatility.

CPI by month and year for comparison.
1665673159390.png

Last edited:
Reactions: deepwater

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Earnings day for several majors, S&P looking positive, USD looking toppish...crypto markets responding. Bought some more spot $eth, $matic & $aave over the wknd, stop losses set but a decent week would be satisfying. Zen down, wait & watch.

traded in & out of $lunc several times to up my inventory, Binance burn #'s today + the Unchained podcast is playing the complete Do Kwon interview tmrw that for some reason people are excited about. Is he gonna say that he's gonna pay everyone back or he's found several trillion $$$ to pump the old chain back to former glory? This is the kinda preposterous gamble crypto loves lol..wth gotta take a long shot sometimes

Reactions: r32

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
So getting some of Bitcoins back from the ongoing Mt Gox legal case, I have to choose one of these Exchanges.

Anyone have any experience with any of these and if so, can you recommend for/against a particular one:

1666200695627.png

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
agree on kraken

also weird that the exchange is required rather than just a wallet but there is probably some legal wrangling that i am not aware of

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
So getting some of Bitcoins back from the ongoing Mt Gox legal case, I have to choose one of these Exchanges.

Anyone have any experience with any of these and if so, can you recommend for/against a particular one:

View attachment 140209
that's epic, it's been a hell of a wait for several traders i know...

i've been using kraken since they opened, actual live customer service and no kooky IRS reporting like Coinbase...get signed up and do all the KYC stuff asap so you can make large withdraws.

I waited 2 years to get 16 eth back from Kucoin but this is next level, must feel like Christmas! Again congrats.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
A story

Satto is this guy from S.Korea. Known in crypto world for live stream trading big money on big leverage. No strategy and appears clueless about technical or fundamental analysis.

Nobody knows where he gets his money from. After every big loss, he reloads his account. Losses are anywhere from a thousand to a few hundred thousand. He gets liquidated quite a bit and has appeared to lose $10s of millions this year.

Did some digging and apparently he used to be (or still is) a top gaming streamer in Korea. So he probably gets some money from that. Magazines and tv shows across the world want interviews with him.

Some speculate he has a billionaire dad. Others think he might be playing a demo account, and not real money but the URLs showing in his videos seem to disprove this. Others speculate whales watch his live streams just so they can liquidate him.

Fast forward to yesterday. He got liquidated for $450k. His biggest loss to date. Immediately after, his YouTube channel with more than 250k subs got deleted. Nobody is sure if he deleted it (doubtful) or if someone turned him into YouTube for wreckless gambling behavior.

This is that moment of liquidation.

240 BTC on 22x leverage long ($10m total)

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I was thinking it could easily be a demo, but wouldn’t they be able to verify the transaction s with the wallets/ledger?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I was thinking it could easily be a demo, but wouldn’t they be able to verify the transaction s with the wallets/ledger?
He's trading futures tho.

Demo / paper trading accounts I've seen, they only give you a limited amount of fake money to play with. And the asset price on the demo acct usually doesn't match the real world price, but in his vids, the price was always accurate for the ByBit exchange.

Reactions: grapedrink

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Satto is this guy from S.Korea. Known in crypto world for live stream trading big money on big leverage. No strategy and appears clueless about technical or fundamental analysis.
Hey, @r32 ,Can you put me in touch with with Satto?

I'm about to mint a trillion ERC20 tokens and Satto seems like the type that might be interested in acquiring a billion or two before they're on exchange.

• Haha

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Hella week on the crypto trade floor, saw this morning that Binance has a $500m stake with Elon on Twitter. Look for more fireworks to come.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Hella week on the crypto trade floor, saw this morning that Binance has a $500m stake with Elon on Twitter. Look for more fireworks to come.
DOGE has been on fire for three days now and SHIB trying to follow but can't come close to keeping pace. DOGE on fire for the rumor Elon will implement DOGE as an official currency of Twitter. He's already making major changes to the platform by firing nearly everyone at the top.

Investors behind Twitter deal.

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
DOGE has been on fire for three days now and SHIB trying to follow but can't come close to keeping pace. DOGE on fire for the rumor Elon will implement DOGE as an official currency of Twitter. He's already making major changes to the platform by firing nearly everyone at the top.

Investors behind Twitter deal.

He's setting a precedent, maybe for the emergence of crypto as a global currency type thing...epic week.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Hey, @r32 ,Can you put me in touch with with Satto?

I'm about to mint a trillion ERC20 tokens and Satto seems like the type that might be interested in acquiring a billion or two before they're on exchange.
There is serious money in making bullshit coins. I'd love to get in early on one of these bullshit coins by minting and giving myself a shitton. Then hyping the sh!t out of it by paying some Blackhat dweeb to promote the sh!t out of the coin on reddit and Twitter.

The latest is $THE (yah it's called 'THE'). Vitalik mentioned someone should create a coin called 'THE' and so someone did. It went 600% the first three days. :toilet:

Last edited:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
There is serious money in making bullshit coins. I'd love to get in early on one of these bullshit coins by minting and giving myself a shitton. Then hyping the sh!t out of it by paying some Blackhat dweeb to promote the sh!t out of the coin on reddit and Twitter.

The latest is $THE (yah it's called 'THE'). Vitalik mentioned someone should create a coin called 'THE' and so someone did. It went 600% the first three days. :toilet:
I agree. we should make STOCKED coin